• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Seal 2015 |OT| This isn't the account you're looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have been rewarded handsomely by critics, sales and game of the year awards for what they did in Inquisition. They have no incentive to compromise from their 'winning formula' of adding meaningless filler junk. And I don't think their egos would allow them to do it anyway. Bioware is a studio filled with people that think they can do no wrong..

So basically I have to tell them to do something that I don't like to make sure they don't overdo something I like? I'd rather keep buying what I like (ME2) and skip what I don't (Inquisition) and hope they get a clue..

Final tally worked out to

Pillars of Eternity
Tales from the Borderlands
Her Story
Crypt of the Necrodancer
Darkest Dungeon
Soma

Would have liked to get Soma for cheaper but whatever. Also got Dark Arisen on the way. I'll be good for a while to come.

Parsnip

Regarding the earlier FF talks and FF8 specifically, I remember getting a demo of it way back when, and the disc had at least the intro animation and the Dollet invasion (with slightly different party and ending FMV).

That intro FMV fight between Squall and Seifer go me super bumped for the game and I remember watching that thing over and over again. Wasn't really impressed by the actual gameplay demo though, and the same ended up being true for the full game as well.

Best part of FF8 is the intro and Triple Triad.
Oh and Quistis. <3

Probably both.

Little bit of column A, little bit of column B.

That's my guess as well.

Saty

Wonder how many people trying to squeeze last one holiday badge will be 'screwed' by many of their friends under Trade Hold restrictions.

Well, i ended up spending £70 on about 40 items and i a couple of other items i want but they're in the £7 range so i'm hmmmmm... i also Pre-Purchased Dragon's Dogma on PC because for £23 it's a no-brainer as i can easily see myself rinsing that game.

Gives me a week or so to finish up Vendetta and a couple of other games i have on the go. Poor old PS4 hasn't been switched on for about 2 months now :D

edit: Also need to get my Sale cards on the market soon too. Got a foil one that's worth about 18p! \0/ Woot!

Hubble

The sale is coming to an end. Any must have games that I should know about?

So far, I got:
Undertale
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Ark Survival Evolved
Subnautica
Tropico 5

Pachimari

So if I want the Witcher III Season Pass ($25), wouldn't it be smarter to buy Hearts of Stone ($8.99) now, and then wait for Blood and Wine? Of course we don't know the price of the second DLC, but I imagine they together would be cheaper than the Season Pass.

jdw_b

Snagged two more games before the sale ends

Ys: The Oath in Felghana
The Stanley Parable

Think I should be set for a few months, added about 20 games in the past week

def sim

So if I want the Witcher III Season Pass ($25), wouldn't it be smarter to buy Hearts of Stone ($8.99) now, and then wait for Blood and Wine? Of course we don't know the price of the second DLC, but I imagine they together would be cheaper than the Season Pass.

Blood and Wine is supposed to be a big one. I wouldn't be surprised to see it at $20.

Arthea

I'm not picking a season pass for sure, until all dlcs are released, then I'll see do I want it or separate dlcs or nothing.

Tizoc

Snagged two more games before the sale ends

Ys: The Oath in Felghana
The Stanley Parable

Think I should be set for a few months, added about 20 games in the past week
Ho[pe you enjoy Ys!
Please do make a LTTP thread for it once you've beaten it :3

Shadownet

Banned
ME2 > ME1 until my last dying breath
I'm with Jaw on this one, which is strange cause we probably never agree on anything.

But ME2 is better than ME1 in almost every way. And the story, tell me your heart wasn't racing
when you had to do the suicide mission
and
at the end when you realized there were more Reapers coming.
---

Wow Rise of the Tomb Raider is coming already? AND we're getting Disgaea on Steam?? I was just thinking it would be awesome if we had Disgaea on steam yesterday.

I've been living under a rock apparently.

Pachimari

I'm honestly super fine with this. This will give me time to get back into the series, and I think I'll start back at the first one going through them.

They already confirmed a PC release though. I'm very much looking forward to it.

Blood and Wine is supposed to be a big one. I wouldn't be surprised to see it at $20.

I'm not picking a season pass for sure, until all dlcs are released, then I'll see do I want it or separate dlcs or nothing.
I think I'll just get the Season Pass now then. I will want all of the DLC at some point anyway.

Copons

Guys, before we switch back to a weeklong "smell of a new thread" streak, how should I move to find out what kind of mouse to buy?

I've been using a cheap Logitech for like 10 years, it's not broken or anything, but I'm old enough to try a proper mouse and see what I'm missing out.

I've got a claw grip, but I don't even know if it's because I'm just used to my mouse or whatever. And I don't have unlimited money.

I've seen in some thread that went on recently that the Logitech G502 gets a lot of love, but apparently is for palm grips and anyway it's too expensibe here (80+€). Also it's ugly as fuck.
There is the G402 that's much cheaper and a bit less ugly, but I guess it's palm too.

There also is the Razer DeathAdder (2013) that apparently is the best mouse ever for PCGamer, while in the thread someone was saying that Razer sensors are a bit hit or miss.

And then there are some brands mentioned here and there that I totally don't know anything about: Zowie, Roccat and Mionix.

The Roccat Kone Pure (Optical) (the laser one is much more expensive, and I worry for the laser sensor to be too anal for a cheap-ish pad) is perfectly in my price range and I quite like it, but I worry it may be a bit small for my hand (which isn't as big as a basketball player's, but still, what got me worried is that apparently the Pure is the smaller version of the XTD, which is too expensive).

Zowie gets a lot of love, but there are too many models in the same price range (ZA12, FK2, EC1-A), and I don't know what's best.

The Mionix Naos 7000 or 8200 (basically same price) seem cool, but I didn't read anything about them, except their name being mentioned. :D

Anyone here knows anything about anything I've said?

tl;dr
nothing to worry about, move along

4Chan rumor said:
The reason: It will be a complete revamp of the series. The game is going for a Witcher feel, with player progression, freeform combat system. Horse is back, and boats too. It's made by the Black Flag team. You may leave any question you want answered.
Honestly, coming from ubisoft, that sounded like a nightmare.

jeemer

If anyone is like me and enjoyed super meat boy but hasn't heard of dustforce, I highly recommend picking it up at the current ridiculously cheap price before the sale ends. God it feels, looks and sounds great. No idea why there was little fanfare for this at the time, or how I managed to avoid hearing anything about this title.

Parsnip

The thing I want from a new AC game is them moving away from AnvilNext.
I'm hoping that Massive is building the Snowdrop engine and tools in such a way that all future AC games (and other franchises too I guess) could eventually use that one too instead of Anvil.

Assuming Snowdrop ends up being good, obviously. What they have shown so far seems pretty great. Ubisoft has a lot of internal engines.

Jimrpg

There also is the Razer DeathAdder (2013) that apparently is the best mouse ever for PCGamer, while in the thread someone was saying that Razer sensors are a bit hit or miss.

I'm no mouse expert. I have a regular bottom of the barrel Logitech wireless mouse for work and have used countless other cheap average wireless mice. I've also got the Razer Deathadder for my home gaming PC. I honestly don't notice that much difference. If you're a casual player then I think the average mouse is going to more than suffice. If you're a competitive FPS player then maybe you'll see a bit of a difference.

Its not like the mechanical keyboard and regular (membrane) keyboard where its a night and day difference.

Knurek

Oh, AMD, you so funny:

Polaris architecture - Goal: Console-caliber performance in a thin and light notebook

polariscnapw.jpg

So, 900p30? I don't think PC gamers are okay with that...

Grief.exe

I personally own the Mionix 7000, I have a huge hand so it fits for me personally. The 7000 model is considered to have the better sensor, so go with that version if you go with that direction.

Zowie, Logitech, Steel series, and Corsair are frequently recommended. The Zowie doesn't have much difference between the models.

Stay away from Razer. The Dearhadder is their only mouse with a good sensor, but the build quality is abysmal. If you pock one up, there is a good chance it will fail before the warranty goes out. The PCGamer article was likely a paid advertisement.

Copons

I'm no mouse expert. I have a regular bottom of the barrel Logitech wireless mouse for work and have used countless other cheap average wireless mice. I've also got the Razer Deathadder for my home gaming PC. I honestly don't notice that much difference. If you're a casual player then I think the average mouse is going to more than suffice. If you're a competitive FPS player then maybe you'll see a bit of a difference.

Its not like the mechanical keyboard and regular (membrane) keyboard where its a night and day difference.

Yeah, a mechanical keyboard would be the next step, but there I'd really love to try some switches before deciding - and I don't know how can I do that...

But as for the mouse: I'm not a comp player (as some of the CS:GO bunch here could tell you :D ) but anyway I'd like to see how a good mouse could change my habits, or if anything it may just be more comfortable to use.

I personally own the Mionix 7000, I have a huge hand so it fits for me personally. The 7000 model is considered to have the better sensor, so go with that version if you go with that direction.

Zowie, Logitech, Steel series, and Corsair are frequently recommended. The Zowie doesn't have much difference between the models.

Stay away from Razer. The Dearhadder is their only mouse with a good sensor, but the build quality is abysmal. If you pock one up, there is a good chance it will fail before the warranty goes out. The PCGamer article was likely a paid advertisement.

Ah, nice to know. I'll kick the Razer out of my list, and try to learn more about Mionix and Zowie (both are good looking to me, especially compared to the G502, my god).

See, about the hands size: I do have big hands, but for Italian standards. For what I know, US peeps sometimes really do have giant hands that would easily put mine to shame.

MUnited83

For you.
Oh, AMD, you so funny:

Polaris architecture - Goal: Console-caliber performance in a thin and light notebook

polariscnapw.jpg

Huh? They seem to have a GPU planned for use on small form factors, which seems to deliver good performance for what it is. A notebook that has the same or better than PS4/Xbox One seems like it would be a great thing. They're not saying that the goal of the new architecture is "Console-caliber performance", that just one of the plans for one of their GPUs. I don't know what you're trying to say here lol

Guys, before we switch back to a weeklong "smell of a new thread" streak, how should I move to find out what kind of mouse to buy?

I've been using a cheap Logitech for like 10 years, it's not broken or anything, but I'm old enough to try a proper mouse and see what I'm missing out.

I've got a claw grip, but I don't even know if it's because I'm just used to my mouse or whatever. And I don't have unlimited money.

I've seen in some thread that went on recently that the Logitech G502 gets a lot of love, but apparently is for palm grips and anyway it's too expensibe here (80+&#8364;). Also it's ugly as fuck.
There is the G402 that's much cheaper and a bit less ugly, but I guess it's palm too.

And then there are some brands mentioned here and there that I totally don't know anything about: Zowie, Roccat and Mionix.

The Roccat Kone Pure (Optical) (the laser one is much more expensive, and I worry for the laser sensor to be too anal for a cheap-ish pad) is perfectly in my price range and I quite like it, but I worry it may be a bit small for my hand (which isn't as big as a basketball player's, but still, what got me worried is that apparently the Pure is the smaller version of the XTD, which is too expensive).

Zowie gets a lot of love, but there are too many models in the same price range (ZA12, FK2, EC1-A), and I don't know what's best.

The Mionix Naos 7000 or 8200 (basically same price) seem cool, but I didn't read anything about them, except their name being mentioned. :D

Anyone here knows anything about anything I've said?

tl;dr
nothing to worry about, move along

I have a Razer Deathadder 2013 and a Mionix Naos 7000. I definitely prefer the Naos, but both are good mice.

XShagrath

Yeah, I think I'm done with Season Passes in games. I don't do a lot of multi-player, and have enough of a backlog to not worry about needing things on release.

There have been so many times that I (and others) have been burned with the first DLCs being great, and then the last couple of the pass being throwaways.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
i said i was over buying games but i kinda want to play one of those survival games that the kids play,too bad most of them aren't out out however Rust looks cool.

shockdude

Oh, AMD, you so funny:

polariscnapw.jpg

What's funny is that the laptop pictured is the Lenovo Y700, which is 5.7 pounds and 1.02 inches thick and thus nowhere near "thin and light."
Even funnier is that the Y700's predecessor, the Lenovo Y50, is thinner and lighter and already has console-caliber performance with its GTX 960M.

But seriously console-level performance in an actual thin-and-light would be great, so long as the price is decent and the battery life isn't crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom