• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Seal 2015 |OT| This isn't the account you're looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurm3n

Neo Member
The sale ended, so here goes my damage list:

Max Payne 3 Collection
L.A. Noire Complete Edition
Max Payne Bundle
Batman Arkham Origins
Outlast: Whistleblower DLC
Outlast
Banished
Portal + Portal 2
Half-Life Complete
Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition
Batman Arkham City GOTY
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY
Bioshock Infinite Season Pass
XCOM: Enemy Unknown DLC Pre-Purchase
XCOM: Enemy Unknown: Slingshot DLC
XCOM: Enemy Within
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Complete
Dishonored GOTY
Oblivion Game of the Year Deluxe
Alan Wake Bundle
Darkest Dungeon

Senhua

Zk38zWZ.png

Is that Steam Gaf Official t-shirt?

Nzyme32

Ah I see we are back in Mr Orange territory, fashionably late as usual. The legacy of the Shackles threads will live on, or probably be brought back when we deal with the community ARG of where Mr Orange has disappeared to again :p

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I thought my $100 on backlog/wishlisted stuff I already owned/played (Doom 3, Biohazard 0 notable) was bad. Geez.

I went ALL IN.

Actually, a number of these were gifts from friends, like Metal Gear Solid V, Undertale, and Clickteam Fusion Developer upgrade were all gifted to me by friends. ;3; But on my side, I also told everyone who I meet for the holidays just to get me Steam cards or something for Christmas, and many of them did just that.

However, my sister was very kind and she thought of a dorky little present I adore.

She made me a T-Shirt based off of my game I released recently.

CXHWWDGU0AAzdJw.jpg
CXHWkPUVAAAZtUp.jpg

I was touched. ;3; And also got an antique shaving kit, which is nice.

I'll stop bragging or whatever it is I'm doing now, I was just very happy.

My damage list:

NOTHING, SUCKERS! NOT ONE SINGLE GAME! I'M FREEEEEE!!!!!!!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ah I see we are back in Mr Orange territory, fashionably late as usual. The legacy of the Shackles threads will live on, or probably be brought back when we deal with the community ARG of where Mr Orange has disappeared to again :p

Badge:

Half-Life 3 Confirmed:
100 XP
ARG?

zkylon

zkylewd
CX5dgzDWEAAAXq4.jpg

man that christine love doll is so funny haha

The Bard character doesn't have to move to the beat. Enemies move whnn he moves, so it's staight up turnbased.

Also, from what I've played I think learning the enemy patterns is more important than perfectly following the beat anyway.
hmm yea i'm just trying to stay under two hours and figure out what i think. like a demo or something

Steam sales still going on I see.

My damage list:

I lol.

My damage list:

Dragons Dogma in 10 days

Benedict

wtf just happened to me?
Suddenly on this page a annoying sound commercial started playing and I couldnt get rid of a pop-up demand, unless I CRTL-Alt-Del Chrome.

Dusk Golem

Steam sales still going on I see.

With no daily deals and burning money holes in our pocket, added with being antsy waiting for the new thread, we've gotten into the hobby of throwing our money desperately at Valve to support their empty ARG creation addiction. It's all we know to do now in a new world where we can't be swayed by daily deal impulses to buy games we never play.

FFF733DC68BCF48A34A4E47B5DB707C3AF4DA056

Deques

Aye, it's why I bought the developer upgrade. I have messed a lot with their products over the years, and many don't realize how many games have been made in it.

If I actually make something good with Clickteam Fusion I might consider the developer version.

I bought...

Rocket League + Back to the Future Car DLC
SOMA
Rebel Galaxy
Star Wars Republic Commando
Dying Light Ultimate Survivor Bundle (DLC skins and weapons)

Bought more than I thought I would, really wasn't planning on getting anything.

Kind of wish I would have gotten Door Kickers, that game looks really cool.

To everyone that isn't a steam-gaf regular:
for the love of god please come back with us to community ;_;

I keep popping into community but this year i've bookmarked and added a sub to the thread so i can find it easily. I'll visit while i'm avoiding playing the games i've bought.

Damage was worse than I expected.

Rocket League DLC Packs
Assault Android Cactus
Galak-Z
Ashes of the Singularity
Helldivers (not on sale but wth)
Planetary Annihilation Titans
Her Story
Alien Isolation DLC Packs
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - Episode II
Assassin's Creed Black Flag + DLC (already beat it on PS4, I have a problem)
Assassin's Creed Rogue Deluxe
Assassin's Creed Unity
Downwell
Split/Second + Pure (Disney Extreme Racing Pack)
Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015: Do You Still Shower With Your Dad? (6 copies for friends).

Dusk Golem

If I actually make something good with Clickteam Fusion I might consider the developer version.

It is good to take steps before big commitment, so the right move, since i know during the sale it was relatively cheap (the engine, not the developer license).

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Kotaku: Next Assassin's Creed codenamed "Empires"; set in Egypt, coming 2017

Rumors about Empire originated this morning on the 4chan boards, of all places, where an anonymous poster claiming to be a developer at Ubisoft wrote that Assassin’s Creed would be skipping this year and that 2017’s big game would be set in Egypt. Although I haven’t been able to confirm the veracity of this 4chan poster—whose posts are compiled on NeoGAF here—everything he wrote matches up with what I’ve heard independently for months.

I’d heard last year from three different people familiar with goings-on at Ubisoft that the next big Assassin’s Creed would be set in ancient Egypt. Since this morning, two other independent sources have contacted me to corroborate that. I heard about the code name Empire from two of those sources. Three of them told me the game would indeed launch in 2017. Months ago, one source told me the game would also take place in ancient Rome, although that may have changed; the 4chan poster says some sections had been removed from the game. (“There are talks about making a trilogy of this same character, so they might explore Greece/Rome next,” the poster wrote.)

I'm still baffled there has not yet been a feudal Japan AssCreed. Perfect setting with the stealthy ninja (would be the assassin's in the games).

Egypt is still pretty cool though.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Ended up caving a buying a few things before the end. I got caught up on the hype train for a few things, but it won't matter since I don't have time to play any of them while dealing with a crippling Xenoblade Chronicles X addiction.

The tally:
Darkest Dungeon - waiting to play until it fully releases anyhow.
Invisible, Inc. - Austin on GB sold me on this. I have loved most of Klei's work.
Half-Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax - played the original on PSP, it was like $2.
Half-Minute Hero 2: The Second Coming - Didn't even know there was a sequel!

Sober

Why not set near the end of the 19th century, when the British extend their influence there?
(more Evie yes please. Jacob can fuck off and die in a fire, though.)
Hopefully AC every 2 years still means I can buy each AC about a year later still for 40 bucks or less. /shrug

People getting ancient and classical antiquity eras mixed up always grinds my gears though, like that Kotaku article.

"Ancient" Rome would not be that fun to explore, let's be honest.

def sim

I keep popping into community but this year i've bookmarked and added a sub to the thread so i can find it easily. I'll visit while i'm avoiding playing the games i've bought.

That's what I like to hear! Make sure to sub to MRORANGE's thread when it's posted later in the day, though.

Damage Report

Distance
Detective Grimmoire
Mark of the Ninja
Psychonauts
Life is Strange
Crypt of the Necrodancer
Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut
Dream Pack 1 DLC for Assetto Corsa

This is the first sale where I didn't buy anything... I wanted to get Undertale and CSGO but I had to go outside and I missed it just before the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom