• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not into VNs anymore, sell me on Danganronpa.

February sure is shaping up nicely.

What we have in February:
  • Tales of Symphonia - 1st
  • American Truck Simulator - 3rd
  • XCOM 2 - 5th
  • Dying Light: The Following - 9th
  • Firewatch - 9th
  • Mighty No. 9 - 9th
  • Unravel - 9th
  • Pillars of Eternity - The White March Part II - 16th
  • Street Fighter V - 16th
  • Grim Dawn
  • Danganronpa

I know that the Danganronpa for Steam video was just posted, but why there are so many dislikes already? lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLWM6m37lfU

:salt:

Expect DESPAIR
Soul crushing and excruciating yet delicious and elevating DESPAIR.

Dis bear?
mjGlp3T.png

Messiah

You just have to look around GAF to see how rabid some fanbases are about their exclusive games, and keeping them exclusive. This is robbing the poor Vita, which is a personal affront to those people.

I loved playing this game on the vita and especially because of that I am happy for it coming to PC and presumably PS4 as well later down the line. I really don't know why some people are so narrow minded.

The series can only profit from this.

I'm not into VNs anymore, sell me on Danganronpa.

*list*

Eh, if you don't like VNs the game probably isn't for you. It only has slight gameplay, Ace Attorney style.

Blazblue: Chronophantasma Extend is also releasing in february!

tmarg

What we have in February:
  • Tales of Symphonia - 1st
  • American Truck Simulator - 3rd
  • XCOM 2 - 5th
  • Dying Light: The Following - 9th
  • Firewatch - 9th
  • Mighty No. 9 - 9th
  • Unravel - 9th
  • Pillars of Eternity - The White March Part II - 16th
  • Street Fighter V - 16th
  • Grim Dawn
  • Danganronpa

You forgot Disgaea. Prinny's gonna be cranky.

It did have dual language on vita so I can't see why it wouldn't have. That said, the dub is really good in my opinion. So people who prefer playing with english dub should enjoy the game just the same.

Just in case if it doesn't have dual audio for some bizarre reason, it should be no difficulty modding in the JP voices from the PSP files.

So it doesnt come with the 2nd? Guess ill just buy the 2nd on psn while its still on sale
Likely few months after it.

The date i was expecting it to be released on :D
It's a month, not really a date :p

I just want to say that steam gaf is one of the best places on the whole board. I really like the lack of bickering and true fans of games.

Glad to have found the community side of the board when I never really joined it much before. mostly because I play games and go to another game so its hard to stay in OT threads sometimes as well.

I like a lot of games and new news so I have to be all over.

I just want to say that steam gaf is one of the best places on the whole board. I really like the lack of bickering and true fans of games.

Glad to have found the community side of the board when I never really joined it much before. mostly because I play games and go to another game so its hard to stay in OT threads sometimes as well.

I like a lot of games and new news so I have to be all over.

You were doing fine until you said you play games ;)

You forgot Disgaea. Prinny's gonna be cranky.

Uh-oh!
Not my fault, I snatched it from the January-February PC releases thread. :p

Eh, if you don't like VNs the game probably isn't for you. It only has slight gameplay, Ace Attorney style.

Blazblue: Chronophantasma Extend is also releasing in february!

I loved VNs.
Danganronpa seems to be getting so much love from the fans, made me all curious about it. I'll get it for cheap later, perhaps.

I'm trying to decide whether the Steam leaks were a good thing or not. Can you imagine if Danganronpa had been announced out of the blue today? GAF would have exploded. Instead the news is just confirmation of something we knew was happening anyway.

Also Danganronpa is ridiculously easy to get spoiled on. If you Google the word then search suggestions can spoil stuff. If you watch a Youtube trailer then the related video titles might spoil something. Don't search online for merchandise or anything like that. Just try and go in blind.

Eila

I'm trying to decide whether the Steam leaks were a good thing or not. Can you imagine if Danganronpa had been announced out of the blue today? GAF would have exploded. Instead the news is just confirmation of something we knew was happening anyway.

Also Danganronpa is ridiculously easy to get spoiled on. If you Google the word then search suggestions can spoil stuff. If you watch a Youtube trailer then the related video titles might spoil something. Don't search online for merchandise or anything like that. Just try and go in blind.

I read the announcement thread and someone said
they die one by one
. That is kind of annoying, as I'd prefer to come in full blind.
I managed to not care about the series at all because I don't have a Vita or watch much anime so I don't know much at all other that some of the characters have ridiculous hairstyles and the bear makes this weird sexy dance or whatever.
Also, Little King's Story could pop out next week for all we know, as in the original announcement they said it was scheduled for early 2016. XSEED has done that for the last few PC ports. Don't forget to buy that one as well!

Deques

Spare
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Ubinota -- MB-D88409A0596BD6A5 - Taken by Sarcasm

Since we are getting a bunch of awesome japanese games on Steam, this reminds me.... where is Corpse Party? :(

The PC version of Corpse Party had to be reprogrammed from scratch but I believe it's being worked on since XSEED got TitS: SC out of the way.

i literally bought a vita (tv) for this but memory cards have been too expensive so i have not gotten around to actually, like, turning on the vita. :(

In Japan, Vita turns you on.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I know very little about Dragonronpa outside of a few of my friends REALLY liking the series, I saw the first arc of the anime adaption but stopped after the first court case was done because I decided I wanted to play the game, and a few other things.

From my limited knowledge, what I know about it is that a bunch of kids with really weird hair and quirky personalities (many of them hardly anime cliche personalities, they're like, very odd characters in general) get trapped in a school. There is a weird bear with a twisted personality who tells them that they can only graduate (IE escape from the school, but also those who escape are also rewarded with a certificate that apparently will get them about any job or position they desire) if they can kill one of the other students and get away with it.

When a student has been murdered, there's a time limit to discover evidence and investigate until a trial is held. At the trial, the student body must work together and make a unified decision on which student was the killer. If they guess correctly, the culprit will be executed and not be allowed to graduate. If they guess incorrectly, all of them will be executed and the killer will be let free and graduate.

I might be off on a few things since I'm saying from memory what I know from the first few episodes of the anime and what friends said, but that's the gist of it.

I also know the second game has a parody mini-game (part of a series of arcade-themed mini-games, I guess since this is the 2nd one of a series) based off of a really obscure horror game series known as Twilight Syndrome, which was the first game series Suda51 ever worked on (second game he ever worked on in general). The reason for the reference was because some of the people who make these games worked on the Twilight Syndrome series previously (Japanese-exclusive horror games that started on the PSX that Suda51 directed again).

Eila

Since we are getting a bunch of awesome japanese games on Steam, this reminds me.... where is Corpse Party? :(

Well, when they announced their upcoming games they had Little King's Story for early 2016, Xanadu Next for spring 2016 and Senran Kagura for summer 2016. I'm sure they're doing the programming for Xanadu in-house, while I'm not so sure they're doing the other two ports themselves.
I would not expect Corpse Party before Xanadu Next, but you never know with XSEED. Would love if they confirm it themselves like they did when they said Second Chapter would definitely release before Cold Steel.

Dusk Golem

I am excited for Corpse Party as well, but I know the reason somewhat behind the delays. They were originally supposed to just re-translate the game a bit, but it turned into a full re-translation. Not only that, but apparently the original game's coding was a mess, so they've had to recode the game quite a bit. This is all also on-top of the fact that they have all of these other projects.

I look forward to it a lot. I also secretly am hoping since they're recoding the game anyway, maybe they'll add some options that weren't in the previous indie release of the game, like maybe artwork options, but that's just me dreaming and not based on anything.

Ibuki

Banned
Thanks for all the answers! It seems like there will be plenty of XSEED stuff to look forward to before Corpse Party then, I hope they can get the issues worked out!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Lol I'm already broke again so Danganronpa will have to wait. I hope I get some side jobs here and there to be able to afford some of the upcoming games. Already have to get The Deadly Tower of Monsters, Slain and eyeing A Boy & His Blob.

I want XSEED to bring Onechanbara Z2 Chaos to Steam. We already have Senran Kagura in the way and it would be nice to have all the hometown and life games on PC. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Plus I wanna fix some textures lol

Eila

I look forward to it a lot. I also secretly am hoping since they're recoding the game anyway, maybe they'll add some options that weren't in the previous indie release of the game, like maybe artwork options, but that's just me dreaming and not based on anything.

Based on all their previous PC games, I would say that's likely, as long as they have the rights to it.
At first glance it might seem like they simply touch up the existing translation a bit and upload the game to the steam store for most of their PC games, but the work they've put on all of them is really underappreciated.
Trails had the high-res portraits from the PS3 port, as well as the bonus content from the PSP ports hacked into it. They also added widescreen, among lots of other things. They also tried to put the japanese voices into it (if you download them the option appears in the menu) but couldn't add it officially. And similar efforts are also present in all the Ys games.
Pretty sure most, if not all of that is done by a single person, so it's no wonder they sometimes push back their games.
We'll still compalin, sorry about that.

Playing Resident Evil 6 proper for the first time in a long time and it is fucking terrible, my God.

This is only bearable because my sister is playing cooperative but shit, Zero can't come soon enough.

Dusk Golem

Playing Resident Evil 6 proper for the first time in a long time and it is fucking terrible, my God.

This is only bearable because my sister is playing cooperative but shit, Zero can't come soon enough.

What part of RE6? It even gave me a negative first impression, but it has something of a learning curve. I think most people start off trying to play it like RE4/RE5, but playing it like those games just doesn't feel good, because the game is designed in a completely different kind of way. The campaign is also uneven.

Usually best experienced if someone can teach you the mechanics or messing around in Mercenaries to figure it out. Learning how stamina works, the different kind of slides, melee attacks, how to automatically combine all herbs so you don't have to mess with your menu, quick-shotting, and other things do help a lot, and I can say for at least myself and many I have played with, there's a moment when it clicks. The game isn't the best RE game, but I'm reminded of my first time playing it and not really liking it, but the game does a bad job at explaining some things to you. It also doesn't help the campaigns jump around a lot in quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom