• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, thanks that may help, I missed that first guy.

Then I can understand why you are getting frustrated; I also ran into a wall until I found that character. You definitely need both characters to stand a chance.

Also, a small correction to my previous post, it is the third character that can poison / restore 'mana', not the second.

Annubis

I like her too.

68ebecceb48aea28a15b436302931526.png

She's been my Steam icon since I made my account years ago.

Dusk Golem
I'm A Murderer
(Today, 08:15 AM)

Tizoc

I'll never going to catch up, will I?
I'm now more or less three years worth of releases behind (and these are games I wanna finish), some I haven't even started!

And with this many new releases I want to play, it seems hopeless. Still pretty happy about finally being able to play Danganronpa and so soon too!

I took short break from Trails to clean up some of games I planned or was playing, about 10 ended discarded to my NOPE folder, mostly ones I'll never get back to playing and I've played some new, short impressions follow

Chip's Challenge 1 is a nice game, creative take on sokoban, it has only one problem with keyboard controls, they aren't sensitive enough, for example if you try to stop at the certain spot, there is a good chance of Chip moving to next one and getting killed, what can be really annoying at times. Because of this, I plan to take it in smaller doses.

This game is interesting interpretation of Sudoku, I liked it more than I thought I will, good for short sessions also.

Left in the Dark: No One on Board is hidden object - point & click game which has very positive reviews, what I find strange now after beating it. Not that it is bad, but it isn't particularly good either, but it being short as it is, I finished it in one sit, so there is that.

I liked idea of such a game, changing gravity and place where blocks drop seemed like such a nice way to make an original game, unfortunately GravBlocks proved to be horrible, one of worst I've tried recently, from controls to design, it's just not worth it.

Chip's Challenge 1 was released in 1989 wasn't it? Was Sokobon released before then?

Arthea

Chip's Challenge 1 was released in 1989 wasn't it? Was Sokobon released before then?

I use sokoban more like a genre name, than a game, although I see how that can be confusing with some games going by that name, the same as with sudoku actually.
The first game of it I've played was way before 1898, but it still probably was 80-ies, can't say I remember exact date.

Sarcasm

Looking at some of the extra that comes with games, the PDF file is annoying because I don't have anything installed to view it and big PDFs lag the default browser that opens them (EDGE I think).

Which program should I use to view these beasts?

Deques

Looking at some of the extra that comes with games, the PDF file is annoying because I don't have anything installed to view it and big PDFs lag the default browser that opens them (EDGE I think).

Which program should I use to view these beasts?

Do you have Chrome installed? Open PDFs with it. Windows 10 should have a pdf reader built-in

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Anything past RE2 isn't the direction I ever wanted the series to go in, sadly.

I feel there's been some good directions... Well, I mean, I also don't quite understand how you could think RE3 is like some radical departure from RE2, it obviously has some differences but they also have a lot of similarities.

But I'm the audience that has liked near every RE (not every though). But that's not to say I liked them equally, I have my opinions of course. Though I am hoping RE7, whatever it is, manages stronger horror tones. I can't shake the feeling the gameplay is going to be quite different to previous RE series. sort of like the change RE4 brought, but in whatever direction it decides to be. What we know about RE7 is that it started development over three years ago, we're getting closer to three and a half years ago. We know that several voice actors put RE7 on their resume but then took it off when spotted over two years ago. Capcom has mentioned that they're obviously working on RE, but have been very quiet about it. We know there's a CG RE film coming out in January of next year that's apparently some kind of reboot featuring Leon, Chris, and Rebecca. I don't know if they'd decide to go for more action or horror, but we shall see.

You know, also typing this out, I just realized the three stars of the CG RE film are all the main characters of the first three RE's chronologically, Rebecca, Chris, and Leon. Since of the two Remasters and REmake 2, that can't be a coincidence obviously, but I can't believe I just realized it.

Dusk Golem
I'm A Murderer
(Today, 08:15 AM)

I'd take it.

RE3 and Code Veronica are very good.

I don't disagree. Code Veronica is my personal least favorite of the classic styled, but not by any large margin like a lot of people state it as.

milena87

Enternal Ferrystone is a free and you can use it many times -.-

Sorry, yes, I know and I already use it, but it can only teleport you to Cassardis, Gran Soren and that isle that was added in Dark Arisen. And I understand that in the vanilla game there was no such object, so you had to use a ferrystone for each teleport.

So, unless I put those purple teleport things somewhere my options to explore the world are somewhat limited.

Ban Puncher

Every time someone mentions Monster Monpiece I always misread it as Monster Musume and get momentarily excited that TOP SNEK is coming to Steam.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
There's a new Iron Maiden RPG

Really.

In 1999 Iron Maiden released an album and video game of the same name: Ed Hunter. Now, 17 years later, the band's back with a new game.

rC1iw0S.jpg

Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast is described as an "action-packed, free-to-play RPG steeped in Iron Maiden mythology". It's due out this summer for iOS and Android devices.

It's the work of Roadhouse Interactive and 50CC Games. And Iron Maiden. Roadhouse made Warhammer 40,000: Carnage and Food Battle: The Game for YouTube comedy act SMOSH. It's worked with Iron Maiden's people, who granted the team "unparalleled access" to the vaults.

"As a lifelong fan, I have always thought that Maiden's music, lyrics and cast of characters would provide the perfect basis for a deep RPG experience", said Roadhouse boss James Hursthouse.

"With this game we're creating an outstanding RPG that will appeal to all mobile gamers, including those discovering Maiden for the first time."

As in Ed Hunter, in Legacy of the Beast you play Iron Maiden mascot Eddie, who has many forms, each with unique abilities. You can also travel through time.

The soundtrack uses Iron Maiden songs, and includes previously unheard live recordings adapted for the game.

"We know many of our fans are gamers and we have long thought that Eddie and Maiden's music and imagery would be perfect for this," said bassist Steve Harris.

"It's something we have been looking at revisiting since Ed Hunter way back in 1999.

"Now in 2016 it can all be done on a smartphone so it makes it even more accessible for Maiden fans everywhere and also all the gamers out there."

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Nice. I hope this one turns out good, and that it'll actually have a little community.

Are they any good? And they are not on Steam?

Also, I really want a Resident Evil 3: HD Remastered. It's the only game I really played as a child, and Code Veronica as well.

I'm pretty sure if RE2 REmake does well, they'll probably greenlight a remake of RE3.

If they remake RE3, then they'll have every main RE game in the MT Framework Engine. Once the REmake of 2 is done, the only main title leftover is RE3 (Code Veronica still needs to come to Steam though)

Them this is bad. I heard that game works bad on X1 but this is awful xD

Ark: Survival Evolved Xbox One Frame-Rate Test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_w9uIClgPM&feature=youtu.be

This is hardly surprising since the game is badly optimized on PC, even those with super computers can't run it all that great on higher settings. The idea behind development right now for Ark seems to be content now, optimization later.

Arthea

First have to play the prequels Eiins and Zweii.

you do understand that one and two dimensional games don't allow even basic shapes

sorry

https://i.imgur.com/3txUPCT.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

.... what's with their hands (2,4)? no fingers? that's kinda cruel

edited: btw, Dragon Dogma still at the top of bestseller list, I don't think Tomb Raider even was there once, not rising much? Although, there is some time left still.

Anteater

How long until I stop getting insta-gibbed by anything more than a wolf on Hard Mode in Dragon's Dogma?

Until you learn to avoid attacks ;)

I don't really remember much from my hard mode run, I played a shield class so it was a lot easier to start with being able to block bats and shit

Dragon Dogma still at the top of bestseller list, I don't think Tomb Raider even was there once, not rising much? Although, there is some time left still.

Not really surprising, alot of cheap TR keys going around from other sources. Honestly I can't remember the last time I bought a new release at full price from Steam.

dex3108

Now it is trolling if you post performance test video for a game that was downloaded over 1M times and you can buy it right now. :D

Knurek

Speaking of preorder bunuses (bonii?), the PDF for Dragon's Dogma is badly prepared. The two page spreads don't match when put side by side (SumatraPDF has an option for two-page viewing).
Is something like that acceptable? Or should I PM wbacon, maybe Capcom could fix this?

Arthea

I would do things for a Killer7 HD release.

Lewd things.

let's not get distracted here, Breath of Fire IV could do with major overhaul and it's already on PC, so that takes priority.

Also is Killer7 really a Capcom's game, I thought they are only publishers.
All Suda games are coming to steam, at least it seems so.

Anteater

Mage/Sorcerer feels boring in combat :/

time to switch :p I wonder what Durante will think of his mage/sorcerer run, I definitely didn't like casters but appreciate their support

So what you're saying is that I should stop button mashing at everything? I don't know man....

Early on, enemies definitely are very hard to stun even on normal mode, so you'll have to figure out a way to avoid attacks/stun lock those assholes and play very defensively

septicore

Indie Gala Capsule Computers "Every Monday" Bundle #94 is LIVE!

Pay $1.89 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get the following 6 Steam Games.

Elements: Epic Heroes (STEAM)
Paradise Island - VR MMO (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Kill The Plumber (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Suits: A Business RPG (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
They Came From The Moon (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Red Baron Pack (STEAM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom