• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

I should play the first one at some point, heard some pretty neat things about it.

I was a big fan of it when I played it, like a strange Deus Ex and Telltale hybrid.

This one looks to have greater scope both in combat options (the pitch video showing off stealth, diplomacy and aggreessive options) which is flashier and shows more verticality, and in choice gameplay, there are multiple factions you can ally with NOT just the Consortium

Dsyndrome

Got the Platinum for Steins;Gate, only worth 90 points on Metagamerscore. How sad.

Don't know if I'm getting Danganronpa when it comes out, had fun with it the first time around, still in the first quarter of the second game, and the third's sitting there wrapped and waiting.

Too many games to play, too bad I have to model transformers and study for the FE now instead. Hope folks are doing well today.

... pretty sure the pawn system is still broken

I haven't received a single rating

right?

zbJpj1K.png

that was just a tutorial hydra too!

Have received a bunch of ratings already, did you rest at the inn?

All ratings have been 3/3/3 though. Dunno if it is bugged, people are lazy or my pawn is just mediocre :v

I just started getting ratings today. One 5/5 and two or three others 3/5 across the board. I've spent more time and money adjusting my pawn than on my arisen, lol. I also take the time to give ratings. Generally speaking, they've all been useful/helpful in one way or another. Of course I am always looking at what the pawn's inclinations are before I take them. I'm having more fun playing this now than the small amount of time I spent on it in the PS3.

It's about time. Fallen Enchantress (which in turn replaced Elemental: War of Magic) was wholly replaced by Elemental: Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes a year or two ago. Aside from collecting, buying it was basically a trap.

If anyone has any interest in LH, just get Age of Wonders 3 instead. It's a far better realised and more polished game.

It's about time. Fallen Enchantress (which in turn replaced Elemental: War of Magic) was wholly replaced by Elemental: Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes a year or two ago.

And if you've any interest in LH, just get Age of Wonders 3 instead. It's a far better realised and more polished game.

It's still available as far as I can see (both base game and the Map Pack DLC), though only in a bundle with everything else FE:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/216390/

gelf

Heh, PC gamers should thank Sony for PS4 being a success since it's seems like Square and other devs are making games like Nier: Automata due to the success of the PS4.

I know people are ridiculing this "savior sony" stuff but I would say PC and consoles are good for each other at this point. PS4 being successful and Xbox selling decently enough in addition to Steam continuing to grow keeps the production of more games viable. If those consoles hadn't have sold well PC would likely be getting less of these games as they just wouldn't exist without multiple platform install bases to sell to.

Knurek

Finally, a game worthy of association with the finest work of English literature.

Is someone making a Cryptonomicon game?

Clarity of mind (C [sub m]) is affected by any number of factors, but by far the most important is horniness, which might be designated by [sigma], for obvious anatomical reasons that Waterhouse finds amusing at this stage of his emotional development.

Horniness begins at zero at time t = t [sub 0] (immediately following ejaculation) and increases from there as a linear function of time:

14sirup.jpg

The only way to drop it back to zero is to arrange another ejaculation. There is a critical threshold [sigma sub c] such that when [sigma] > [sigma sub c] it becomes impossible for Waterhouse to concentrate on anything, or, approximately,

15slq7r.jpg

which amounts to saying that the moment [sigma] rises above the threshold [sigma sub c] it becomes totally impossible for Waterhouse to break Nipponese cryptographic systems. This makes it impossible for him to achieve happiness (unless there is a pipe organ handy, which there isn't).

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Steams mobile authenticator is such a piece of shit. Went to login and was typing in the steam guard code as it displayed on my phone and it kept saying 'wrong code' when hitting enter. The fuckers been doing this for a short while but usually it would get it with the next code change.

I am now currently told 'i have too many failed login attempts and to try again later' Anyone any idea how long you have to wait ? Thankfully I removed that shitty authenticator via the steam app on my phone which is still logged in (got the email to confirm the change to email steam guard)

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm playing Undertale, it's pretty good so far. I immediately decided I wanted to take the pacifist route, which makes the battles pretty interesting. Sometimes I have to look up how to get out of battles without attacking, like with
Undyne
, wish I would've thought of the solution to that myself. Bosses are getting harder though, since I'm at lvl 1 throughout. I'm in Hotland now, it's a pretty intruiging game.

Jawmuncher

I know one thing, I have really started to appreciate shorter games even more so now than I did in the past. Guess i'm more variety than a 5 star meal.

Voho

How would I go about adding a Windows 10 store game to Steam, like other non-steam games? I'd really like to have Fable Legends (the beta) in grid view.

Huh. This War of Mine is also in the EA vault thing?
Yup. Somewhat ironically, it is the best EA Access game.
How would I go about adding a Windows 10 store game to Steam, like other non-steam games? I'd really like to have Fable Legends (the beta) in grid view.
If they're installed like normal programs, just find the root directory (with the game.exe) and feed it into Steam via Add Non-Steam Game.

Voho

Yup. Somewhat ironically, it is the best EA Access game.

If they're installed like normal programs, just find the root directory (with the game.exe) and feed it into Steam via Add Non-Steam Game.
That's the thing. They don't have a .exe file. They can be made into desktop shortcuts by dragging them onto the desktop, but attempting to add those as non-steam games brings up a "Catastrophic Error" message. I was hoping someone came up with a workaround.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Steams mobile authenticator is such a piece of shit. Went to login and was typing in the steam guard code as it displayed on my phone and it kept saying 'wrong code' when hitting enter. The fuckers been doing this for a short while but usually it would get it with the next code change.

I am now currently told 'i have too many failed login attempts and to try again later' Anyone any idea how long you have to wait ? Thankfully I removed that shitty authenticator via the steam app on my phone which is still logged in (got the email to confirm the change to email steam guard)

Just to quote myself here it was purely a time thing, finally got back in now :) Wish they'd tell you how long you have to wait.

brau

hi guys!!

i'll start frequenting this thread more often now. Lashman said you guys are super nice here. :D

Been trying to play something, but nothing catches my interest lately. I think im just attached to playing RotTR later this month.

That.. and i want to check out The Division.

I did play some Dragons Dogma. Solid port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom