• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Transistor Collectible Figure 34.99 (Ships Worldwide)
http://store.supergiantgames.com/products/transistor-collectible-figure
*This figure is part of a limited run available only while supplies last.*
She's about 6 inches high, SGG told me on twitter. In the US with shipping you're looking at 40.99 total for her.
CZBZHQJUkAA8qEP.png

I'll buy one

Shadownet

Banned
So here is a stupid question about ShadowPlay.. do I have to turn on manual recording in order to save the last 5 minutes of gameplay (or however long I want it to be?)

So here is a stupid question about ShadowPlay.. do I have to turn on manual recording in order to save the last 5 minutes of gameplay (or however long I want it to be?)
Are you on beta? Because in the current stable you activate Shadowplay and in the same small window can choose which variants you want activated.

WHC3Hyh.png

Beta sucks/won't record the last xx minutes for me, so I dunno bout that.

Shadownet

Banned
Are you on beta? Because in the current stable you activate Shadowplay and in the same small window can choose which variants you want activated.

Yeah i'm on beta right now. I just wanna play a game and if something cool happen I can save it and be like "ohh cool I can save the last 5 minutes of it." So I don't actually want to record the entire game session. Just whenever something cool just happened.

Right now the setting is on Shadow & Manual. Should I just switch to just Shadow instead?

Anteater

if capcom replaced re0 with okami hd i'd be all over it

i really think capcom put a lot of effort into re0 tho, i want to buy it just for the graphics alone

Yeah i'm on beta right now. I just wanna play a game and if something cool happen I can save it and be like "ohh cool I can save the last 5 minutes of it." So I don't actually want to record the entire game session. Just whenever something cool just happened.

Right now the setting is on Shadow & Manual. Should I just switch to just Shadow instead?
There really is no need to turn off Manual since only Shadow mode has a slight performance hit (since it records permanently compared to manual).

Grief.exe

if capcom replaced re0 with okami hd i'd be all over it

i really think capcom put a lot of effort into re0 tho, i want to buy it just for the graphics alone

Most of us are going to buy it at one point anyways I'd imagine.

It just has that problem of being considered one of the worst examples of the classic RE formula, and releasing next to Dragon's Dogma (not the same genre, but will still erode sales to a degree).

Anteater

is 20% the lowest for RE0 on gmg

Most of us are going to buy it at one point anyways I'd imagine.

It just has that problem of being considered one of the worst examples of the classic RE formula, and releasing next to Dragon's Dogma (not the same genre, but will still erode sales to a degree).

it's just that I think RE0 was the game that has more work put into it but it's a bit low on steam's best sellers regardless

Teggy

I'm thinking DLGamer made a bad boo boo. I just saw an isthereanydeal mail in my box that said Dying Light was 100% off. I clicked through out of curiosity and now it is 60% off but out of stock.

I'm thinking DLGamer made a bad boo boo. I just saw an isthereanydeal mail in my box that said Dying Light was 100% off. I clicked through out of curiosity and now it is 60% off but out of stock.

~waits to see if there's a sudden rise of Dying Light copies for sale in the BST thread~

Anteater

good news everyone

Hello Arisens -

The Rift gifting/player rating issue that seems to have manifested post launch should now be fixed. The root cause is still unknown but we can confirm the server side database have gotten corrupted as a result.

Keep in mind that the first couple of trades may not work correctly due to the built in cool-off period, but you should start seeing positive results within 12-24 hours. Please continue renting pawns and resting at the inn as usual and let us know how it's working out for you.

Meanwhile, the dev team is investigating other client side issues such as the W10 beta infinite loading screen that occurs right before the pre-rendered movie/cutscene. It appears Microsoft is testing a different video codec in the beta build which is causing issues for a handful of our games that rely on WMV codec.

We'll post further status updates on the official Steam forum. Please stay tuned.

I think isthereanydeal is glitching out, RockSmith 2014 showed the same deal.

There is interesting insider information in this. Good stuff.
A bit worrying if Deus Ex rumor he heard turns out true as did the other stuff. I liked Human Revolution (played on PS3) but I'd rather see new setting, era, protagonist with each game than a trilogy with too many similarities. I was already a bit bummed that Mankind Divided has Jensen etc. :(
Other than that, it's funny how PS4's big success has apparently lead to some games forgoing initially online/mp-only design. Consoles saved us!
;)

Square-Enix has gotten to the point where they cannot afford to float 50+ million dollar budgets and 3-7 year game development cycles. I wouldn't assign malice and forethought where incompetence will do. It's not like buying Eidos did them any favours. While Eidos gave S-E their most recognizable western IPs outside of Final Fantasy, it hasn't exactly made them, you know, money.

It's a coin toss on if Square-Enix or Capcom will be the next major publisher to implode. Both are struggling to finance their own games.

Tizoc

Square-Enix has gotten to the point where they cannot afford to float 50+ million dollar budgets and 3-7 year game development cycles. I wouldn't assign malice and forethought where incompetence will do. It's not like buying Eidos did them any favours. While Eidos gave S-E their most recognizable western IPs outside of Final Fantasy, it hasn't exactly made them, you know, money.

It's a coin toss on if Square-Enix or Capcom will be the next major publisher to implode. Both are struggling to finance their own games.

I don't think there's need to worry about Capcom.
For one thing they're releasing, for the most part some good games, and even if this year has them mainly re-releasing their older catalog, that'd be fine in the sense that it allows it to be preserved via Steam at least.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
There is interesting insider information in this. Good stuff.
A bit worrying if Deus Ex rumor he heard turns out true as did the other stuff. I liked Human Revolution (played on PS3) but I'd rather see new setting, era, protagonist with each game than a trilogy with too many similarities. I was already a bit bummed that Mankind Divided has Jensen etc. :(
Other than that, it's funny how PS4's big success has apparently lead to some games forgoing initially online/mp-only design. Consoles saved us!
;)

Yeah those deus ex rumors is not fun :(
Deus Ex is one of my most anticipated games because of how much I loved human revolution so if they fuck this up I'll be really sad.

I don't think there's need to worry about Capcom.
For one thing they're releasing, for the most part some good games, and even if this year has them mainly re-releasing their older catalog, that'd be fine in the sense that it allows it to be preserved via Steam at least.

Yeah I don't believe Capcom will impode, they will either continue to lay low and release smaller stuff instead of full AAA games every year. S-E though that might be something, they have a lot of projects and who knows if the market will be able to support them enough, it probably will but S-E is the least reliable big pub at the moment it feels like.

Tizoc

Yeah I don't believe Capcom will impode, they will either continue to lay low and release smaller stuff instead of full AAA games every year. S-E though that might be something, they have a lot of projects and who knows if the market will be able to support them enough, it probably will but S-E is the least reliable big pub at the moment it feels like.

AAA games are a hoax anyways.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
AAA games are a hoax anyways.

Yeah indies and mid-budget games get a bigger and bigger interest by me every year while my interest for AAA dwindles(I still buy a lot of them and enjoy them)

Though with pubs impoding I guess the last one would be Konami but they mostly just left lol

Nillansan

I have played following games that were released in 2015 (I am going to play Witcher 3 and GTA V once I have built a new rig sometime later this year). I haven't really settled on the exact ranking yet.

Deadstate: Reanimated
Technobabylon
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Undertale
Rocket League
NEON STRUCT
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds
HuniePop
HELLDIVERS
Downwell
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
Westerado: Double Barreled
The Swindle

I know that Deadstate: Reanimated and The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth don't qualify as candidates for the Steam GOTY, but I am going to submit a vote for the GAF GOTY 2015 as well.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Man, Dragon's Dogma really has me hooked. The more I play it, the more I want to play it.

Also, regarding GOTY re-voting. I'll allow a single re-vote per person, but please do try to be sure about things when casting your vote. And if you haven't voted yet, there is just over 3 days left in which to do so.

t1453420800z4.png

Volimar

My Dragon's Dogma character was suppose to look like a wise old adventurer, but after seeing his mannerisms he just looks like Moses.

fantomena

Heh, PC gamers should thank Sony for PS4 being a success since it's seems like Square and other devs are making games like Nier: Automata due to the success of the PS4.

Grief.exe

Capcom seems to be very conservative at this point, so I doubt it will be them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom