• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ReCore delayed to the second half of 2016

Inafune's game to miss its spring release date, Microsoft confirms.

ReCore has been delayed to "the latter half of 2016", Microsoft has confirmed.

Questions about the game's release window were raised after it was given a '2016' window in Microsoft's latest release schedule, far more vague than the game's previous 'spring 2016' target.

But in a statement provided to Engadget, the platform holder confirmed that the game now isn't due to ship on Xbox One or PC until later in the year.

"We have not yet set a launch date for ReCore however the game will be ready in the latter half of 2016," a spokesperson told the site, adding: "We'll have more to share soon on ReCore, please stay tuned."

Confirmation follows the news that Scalebound, another major Xbox One title previously due for release this year, had been pushed back to 2017.

ReCore is being developed by Keiji Inafune's studio Comcept, although little is currently known about how the game plays. According to Microsoft, the game will let players take control of "one of the last remaining humans" and "forge friendships with courageous robot companions" as they "lead them on an epic adventure through a mysterious, dynamic world".

Gotta polish it up and make sure Microsoft is okay with Mighty No. 9 Easter eggs and possible crossover appeal. Gotta make sure Mighty No. 9 and it's anime are ready first. Don't forget about red ash

WeeklyExcitableHake.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
playing through mount & blade viking conquest story mode is weird

it's actually fairly well done for the limitations of that game and it's got a pretty nice moody and bleak look to it

it also raises how badly i want an actual mount & blade 2 with at least a reasonable interface

how can they be taking this long ;_;

To the moderators, perhaps?
Because they're allowing steamgaf to do one while others cannot.
they're not really allowing anything?

goty votes for steamgaf are always posted in the thread and are ran by users being cool and working the whole thing out. it just so happens that the pc community in this forum is actually for the most part centered on this thread so thanks to said cool ppl we can organize something like this

i don't think there's any privileges to be grateful for

Arthea

I don't know why you keep insisting on it, zky
You would have wanted steamgaf GOTY to be DA:I? Just think how terrifying and ridiculous it would be. We have enough problems as it is, without adding more.

Arthea

RoTR is currently top seller on steam.

Such lust for Lara Croft

tbh, it looks great, I only could resist buying it because I'm yet to play TR2013 (don't laugh, please)

i think it's a discussion worth having

i haven't played dragon age inquisition so cant really comment about that

It really is not worth having, we can talk about anything PC related, because most of other PC specific threads (at least gaming related) are dead or half dead, it's still a steam thread. Before I joined steam, I only visited this thread occasionally and never even posted, sticking to gog and specific game discussions most of the time.
It's not a PC thread, we just treat it like that and we allowed to do that, what's nice.

yuraya

tbh, it looks great, I only could resist buying it because I'm yet to play TR2013 (don't laugh, please)

Same here. I still have 2013 in my backlog and honestly I barely remember anything about the ps1 era games. I remember like shooting a bear in a cave somewhere. Its not really a franchise I care much about but I'll still pick it up when its cheaper.

Arthea

Same here. I still have 2013 in my backlog and honestly I barely remember anything about the ps1 era games. I remember like shooting a bear in a cave somewhere. Its not really a franchise I care much about but I'll still pick it up when its cheaper.

crocodiles! I remember those nasty things at least

whatever, if ppl can't even entertain the idea i'll just abstain from voting

It just occurred to me, maybe you don't know that gaf GOTY does PC GOTY as well? Because if you know, I don't know what you are trying to prove.

zkylon

zkylewd
It really is not worth having, we can talk about anything PC related, because most of other PC specific threads (at least gaming related) are dead or half dead, it's still a steam thread. Before I joined steam, I only visited this thread occasionally and never even posted, sticking to gog and specific game discussions most of the time.
It's not a PC thread, we just treat it like that and we allowed to do that, what's nice.

whatever, if ppl can't even entertain the idea i'll just abstain from voting

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Kill The Bad Guy -- MB-24250CBCA9653329 - Taken by Large Professor
Cloudbuilt -- MB-57A90D193F29D806 - Taken by Vazduh

You should play TR reboot, new Lara > NepNep

I don't see it in the rules post, so sorry if I missed it, but how many games are we supposed to include in our Steam GOTY lists min/max?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Just Cause 3's first DLC pack is called 'Sky Fortress' - and it's almost complete

New missions, features and "other exciting surprises" coming to Medici airspace.

Just Cause 3's first major DLC pack is "nearing completion", and will introduce new missions, features and "other exciting surprises to the skies of Medici", Square Enix has teased.

Titled 'Sky Fortress', the DLC is the first of three expansion packs planned for Avalanche's action game, with the latter two due to be themed around land and sea elements.

"For those of you who picked up the XL Edition, or for anyone interested in the Air, Land and Sea Expansion Pass we announced earlier last year, we've got some exciting news for you all," Square Enix said in an update on the game's Steam page. "Whilst one side of the studio is working on patches, fixes and optimisations for the game, which will continue to roll out over the coming weeks, the other side is busily bringing this additional content to life.

"The first pack – 'Sky Fortress' which is the 'Air' pack, is nearing completion, and will bring new missions, features and other exciting surprises to the skies of Medici. We're play testing this content right now so watch this space for more news on this very soon."

A variety of weapons and vehicles previously available as pre-order bonuses were also released across PS4, Xbox One and PC yesterday, allowing players to pick up any additional content they may have missed out on.

Meanwhile, a new patch that aims to "get to the bottom" of some of the issues reported by players is scheduled to release later in January.

"For those of you that are still having some issues with your game, rest assured that we're working on optimisations, bug fixes, performance enhancements and improvements, and we’ll continue to roll these out as soon as they’re ready, with the next patch expected later in the month," Square Enix continues. "We're doing everything we can to get to the bottom of all the issues that are reported to us."

A release date for the Sky Fortress DLC has yet to be confirmed.

xJavonta

Banned
Been playing a TON of Fire Emblem lately and I'm on a tactical RPG/SRPG kick. Suggestions on steam that'll give me what I'm looking for?

they're not really allowing anything?

goty votes for steamgaf are always posted in the thread and are ran by users being cool and working the whole thing out. it just so happens that the pc community in this forum is actually for the most part centered on this thread so thanks to said cool ppl we can organize something like this

i don't think there's any privileges to be grateful for

Yeah, if we think about it. Steamgaf is the only active community platform here, right? There are PSN thread and such but they're not really that active. And the goty is organized by the community, not the mods. It's our right, but it's also the community's decision regarding the rules of the goty. I won't complain, but I understand yours.

Devs: 'Things to do in 2016'

1. Completing the DLC
2. Fixing the damn game

It's an easy decision.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I can't remember the last time I played a PC game outside of Steam releases that would make a yearly top 5 for me. Certainly none of my Origin purchases ever have.

Parsnip

I'm probably super late to this but I know a lot of people have been waiting on a deal for this.

Resident Evil 5: Untold Stories DLC is 70% off over at GMG (NWYEAR-20PERC-WTHGMG works!) $3.60 USD.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/pc/games/action/resident-evil-5-untold-stories-dlc/
Thanks for the heads up.

Voting for the SteamGAF GOTY starts in
t1452211200z4.png

Here is the selection criteria. If you choose a game that doesn't meet these guidelines, your vote for that game will be disqualified.
  • Game must have have been released on Steam in 2015.
  • Re-releases, ports, and remasters are only eligible if the original source material was not previously available on Steam. For example, games such as Final Fantasy V or even Chip's Challenge are eligible because those games were not previously available on Steam. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin and Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition are not eligible because they are both remasters of existing Steam games.
  • Episodic games are only eligible if their final episode was released in 2015. For example, King's Quest is not eligible, because only the first two episodes released in 2015. However, Tales from the Borderlands is eligible even though it came out in 2014 because it's final episode was released in 2015.
  • Games released on Steam Early Access in 2015 are not eligible. Games releasing out of Early Access are eligible. For example, ARK: Survival Evolved is not eligible, but Nuclear Throne is eligible.
  • DLC is not eligible. Sorry Age of Empires II HD: The African Kingdoms.
  • Multiple votes for the same game on a single ballot will be disqualified. If you list the same game multiple times, the vote with the highest point value will be used and all other votes for that game will be discarded.
  • If you have any questions about a particular game's eligibility, ask in the Steam thread and we should be able to help you.
  • Modbot is not eligible to vote due to the fact that he is a bot.

Sounds good to me and I don't have a problem with the remaster clause, preparing my list already.

Parsnip

Actually maybe one clarification.
I don't know if I will vote for it, but how about Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate?
Half of it is a remaster of Shooter 1 (which is on Steam) with new graphics, but also has Shooter 2 (which is not on Steam) with original and remastered graphics. Eligible? I'd say yes because of the Shooter 2 inclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom