• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgone

They aren't that cool though.

q8zGHPB.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark ARISEN B -- MB-804DC754B54FB3B2 - Taken by Khrae. 514 entrants total.
To scorch wolves, see them squirm before you, and hear the lamentation of your pawns!
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen A -- MB-B80BE0B4036D0382 - Taken by Nyoro SF. 530 entrants total.
What is best in life Arisen?!

t1452106071z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
i think i have my list set:

1. pillars of eternity
2. tales from the boredlands
3. the witcher 3
4. her story
5. life is strange
6. squarecells
7. cibele
8. the talos principle
9. massive chalice

honorable mentions: dying light
honorable mentions: cobra club
honorable mentions: broken age
honorable mentions: contradiction

disappointments: hotline miami 2
disappointments: ronin
disappointments: grow home

unsurprisingly not in my list: fallout 4

i gotta get to undertale quick, see if it can be that tenth game in my list.

As I just IM'ed you, SotFS is not some simple "remaster". It should not be disqualifed from voting in the least. I cannot speak to Divinity OS: EE, but with the remixed enemy placements, more enemies in mobs, remixed item locations, additional players over network play, etc. -- it was more than just a "let's port this to DX11 and include all the DLC".
imo that's still no different from dlc, new enemy placement, new items etc., that's just a patch

if that counts then i should be able to vote for league of legends

Dsyndrome

i think i have my list set:

1. pillars of eternity
2. tales from the boredlands
3. the witcher 3
4. her story
5. life is strange
6. squarecells
7. cibele
8. the talos principle
9. massive chalice

honorable mentions: dying light
honorable mentions: cobra club
honorable mentions: broken age
honorable mentions: contradiction

disappointments: hotline miami 2
disappointments: ronin
disappointments: grow home

unsurprisingly not in my list: fallout 4

i gotta get to undertale quick, see if it can be that tenth game in my list.

imo that's still no different from dlc, new enemy placement, new items etc., that's just a patch

Except League's not even sold on Steam.

I do respect your top five though.

zkylon

zkylewd
Except League's not even sold on Steam.

I do respect your top five though.
well i guess you can make the same point for doto

it's gotta be a new game released in this year or at least be a release of a game that wasn't available until now

a patch is not a new game :p

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Nyteshade517, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nyteshade517, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen -- MB-4A2B8A9877F26005 - Taken by cyba89. 120 entrants total.

t1452106913z1.png

Coldsun

Banned
Does it only take just one foil card out of a set to craft a foil badge? I'm still unclear about the purpose of foil cards and badges except that they're rarer and worth more than the regular version.

You need all of the cards in their foil form to craft the foil badge.
Their purpose is simply a different/another badge.

neonglow

You need all of the cards in their foil form to craft the foil badge.
Their purpose is simply a different/another badge.

Thanks for the info. Since I'm not into getting booster packs, I don't think I'll ever get a complete set of foils for any game.

Sorry man, but it falls under the same set of rules. It's a remaster of a game that was previously available on Steam. :(

Definitely not a remaster, but hey, do what you gotta do to get Life is Strange to place. ;)

Most of the time opinions aren't wrong.
In this case, yours is.
And any way you look at it, you couldn't vote League anyway, as it's not a game that's been released on Steam in 2015 (or ever, for that matter).

Dropping some keys on ya'll

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ramoisdead, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Retro Game Crunch -- MB-D35FC94E31E9A1B2 - Taken by bobnowhere. 4 entrants total.
Lumino City -- MB-0A1889A7BDA4AE24 - Taken by neonglow. 2 entrants total.
Syberia -- MB-C1EBC006B92D6B83 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 2 entrants total.
Rise of the Triad -- MB-8EC1DFA3E410FCAF - Taken by BorntoPlay. 2 entrants total.
Akane the Kunoichi -- MB-1DFF4B571B9F30F7 - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.

t1452066354z1.png

Tizoc

If ur going to bring up league of legends then u would be better off voting doto 2 or smite since those are on steam.

I haven't been in this thread that much cause of work and other things. Is there a post limit for giveaways for this thread as well?

I have some free time to burn but I really want to go through the whole thread to look for games that I may want to add to my wish list. Still finding a ton of games you guys already gave away that I am interested in. Thanks for the lists and things you guys make.

zkylon

zkylewd
Most of the time opinions aren't wrong.
In this case, yours is.
And any way you look at it, you couldn't vote League anyway, as it's not a game that's been released on Steam in 2015 (or ever, for that matter).
there's no opinion here, it's a balance patch, the only difference from something like what wasteland 2 or divinity or whatever did is that they charge you for it and bundle it up with some dlc

i don't really see your argument

If ur going to bring up league of legends then u would be better off voting doto 2 or smite since those are on steam.
yeah but those games are...

let's not go there :>

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sins of the First Scholar doesn't count?

So Ultra SF4 wouldn't count? If so, none of the many Street Fighter games would count, only 2. Come on now

zkylon

zkylewd
Sins of the First Scholar doesn't count?

So Ultra SF4 wouldn't count? If so, none of the many Street Fighter games would count, only 2. Come on now

and maybe some day fighting games will figure out a non-exploitative format to sell their games!

Ban Puncher

MS PAINT COMPETITION TIME

header.jpg

First person to draw and post what is under their blanket gets a free copy of this AAA title.

Giveaway not being run through Modbot so people do not jeopardize their chances at the fabulous Dragon's Dogma raffles.

header.jpg

First person to draw and post what is under their blanket gets a free copy of this AAA title.

Giveaway not being run through Modbot so people do not jeopardize their chances at the fabulous Dragon's Dogma raffles.

is this something you put under it yourself, a bit confused

Ibuki

Banned

header.jpg

mVDy1Cc.png

boom, thats the kitty

header.jpg

MSPaint? I'm in.

zLzmnpM.png

Totally expected. This is just for fun~

Copons

Voting for the SteamGAF GOTY starts in
t1452211200z4.png

Here is the selection criteria. If you choose a game that doesn't meet these guidelines, your vote for that game will be disqualified.
  • Game must have have been released on Steam in 2015.
  • Re-releases, ports, and remasters are only eligible if the original source material was not previously available on Steam. For example, games such as Final Fantasy V or even Chip's Challenge are eligible because those games were not previously available on Steam. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin and Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition are not eligible because they are both remasters of existing Steam games.
  • Episodic games are only eligible if their final episode was released in 2015. For example, King's Quest is not eligible, because only the first two episodes released in 2015. However, Tales from the Borderlands is eligible even though it came out in 2014 because it's final episode was released in 2015.
  • Games released on Steam Early Access in 2015 are not eligible. Games releasing out of Early Access are eligible. For example, ARK: Survival Evolved is not eligible, but Nuclear Throne is eligible.
  • DLC is not eligible. Sorry Age of Empires II HD: The African Kingdoms.
  • Multiple votes for the same game on a single ballot will be disqualified. If you list the same game multiple times, the vote with the highest point value will be used and all other votes for that game will be discarded.
  • If you have any questions about a particular game's eligibility, ask in the Steam thread and we should be able to help you.
  • Modbot is not eligible to vote due to the fact that he is a bot.

My 1 cent: I approve everything.

Having run so many GOTY in my life, I'd say that 10 entries are way too many. Yes, we will lose a lot of hidden gems, but what's the point of having hundreds of games at 1 point? So 5 is a good number, get on with it.

At the same time, it's great to lock out remasters, even though I'm sure D:OS deserves the #1 again. Let's see some new titles people!

And don't forget to vote Cities: Skylines for #1, of course, and put Contradiction in your lists.

zkylon

zkylewd
the one thing i believe to be really dumb is that first bulletpoint, to make it so that the games have to be released on steam

why not just make it released on pc, i feel like not being able to vote for starcraft or league of legends or battlefield (or whatever outside-of-steam game was released year) is pretty bad

Football Manager 2016 shouldn't count as well.
I mean, it's just a rooster patch.
you're taking the conversation down a useless rabbit hole tho

ppl are normally ok with games like fm2016 being eligible cos despite being highly derivative or whatever they're presented as wholly new games and because that's the form in which sports games work, they get annual releases, etc.

maybe fighting games should count too, as they work in a similar way

dark souls 2: ripoff edition is just a goty edition with an extra patch that only exists out of bamco being like "well we charge for it on console... might as well charge for it on pc as well!". it's not presented as a new game and it's not the norm for how games of the genre work, people don't consider goty editions or directors cuts of action games to be new games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom