• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pahamrick

you cant play the same game at the same time but you can play different games. I think? otherwise its pointless (well not in JaseC's case since he doesnt play games, but in general)

In my experience you can't play any games if the person is already playing a game.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I'll idle if the cards are worth something, but even so I intend to work with the winner so that our schedules don't always fight. Otherwise, though, no, I pretty much don't play games.

No way, Cartmanland the fucker ;)

I just read the megagiver rule. How does a three month window discourage bundle trash? Wouldn't the fast expiry flood us with it?

Oh, and JaseC's acct. needs to be logged into the winner's PC first to enable family? Dayum!

Yo, can family members then idle cards on their own account? I may just set up multiple accounts for the free money then.

Oh, forgot that new 3 months rule. Feels more fair, so people that are continuously generous, of gaveaway a bunch of games on the sale are eligible.
Even if i wanted it, i couldn't enter. This makes things easier for me :p
So yeah, good luck to whoever wins this. Will love to see the reaction of the winner :D

EDIT: oh, and the key of Ballpoint i gave away was not claimed. If someone wants, PM me. i deleted the register post i sent to ModBot D:

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
In my experience you can't play any games if the person is already playing a game.

oh lol so its completely fucking useless then. as a feature that is, not regarding Jases giveaway

Hugstable

Banned
oops sorry mods.

-------------

Btw Ive been sending money to russian sellers to buy games through paypal. paying directly through my bank account. how come when I checked my bank. no money have been taken out yet?? I still have all my money 0.o

does paypal wait till like the end of the month or something to take it all at once?

Ehh sometimes Paypal lags. The other day I made 2 different 5$ purchases during the sale and was charged one immediately, but the other one didn't come in til 2 or 3 days later

Turfster

oh lol so its completely fucking useless then. as a feature that is, not regarding Jases giveaway
They want to discourage random game sharing with your internet-bros.
When I did it with my colleague, we basically put down some ground rules and times when he'd have access to my account, and it works fine.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
oh people get the same message that you sent to yourself when you use links in giveaways? I guess that makes sense

guess a lot of people saw my super thoughtful message I always use:

name: X
Shit. Hope people don't think bad of me whenever they read "1 / 1 / 1" or "2 / 2 / 2".

At least I didn't write anything offensive. At the last second I decided not to insult myself in the gifts I sent to my email, which would have been weird for whoever won them.

pahamrick

They want to discourage random game sharing with your internet-bros.
When I did it with my colleague, we basically put down some ground rules and times when he'd have access to my account, and it works fine.

Yeah, right now I've got a single friend that he and I share our accounts with, and the general rule is if one of us isn't online it's free reign but if we hop on and the other is in a shared game to let them know if we were going to play something or not.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
To celebrate, I'm watching Violet & Daisy.
Hope it's good (apart from having Sawhorse Roaming).

It works as an off-beat black comedy, but the last act of the film is too jarringly sentimental for my tastes. I expected better of Fletcher, frankly.

Turfster

Jørdan;119661935 said:
In JaseC's case just stay the fuck away from Assassin's Creed and your golden.

Pretty sure the ACs that use Uplay aren't shareable anyway.

It works as an off-beat black comedy, but the last act of the film is too jarringly sentimental for my tastes. I expected better of Fletcher, frankly.
Sadness.

Edit: Oh, hello, pattycake scene.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
That'd be awesome but I'm probably getting it on PS3. Weak PC and all. =/ As much as I want to get it on Steam due to a larger community, low pre-order price, and guaranteed post-launch support. And I'm not saying I couldn't run it for sure, I'm just not 100% confident.

Oh that's alright. Hope you get the proper info soon :p

Shadownet

Banned
Ehh sometimes Paypal lags. The other day I made 2 different 5$ purchases during the sale and was charged one immediately, but the other one didn't come in til 2 or 3 days later

hmm thats weird. im sitting here afraid to spend any more money. cause I don't know what the hell is going on with paypal. my first purchase using paypal was on the 1st.. and no money have been taken out yet.

pahamrick

Modbot claims these are all untaken, so if anyone wants em have at em.

ModBot said:
Instructions for pahamrick:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Company of Heroes 2 Soviet Skin Four Color Belorussian -- MB-68FA555856CEA1AC - Taken by Henry Swanson
EVE Online Rifter Ship Skin -- MB-0BCC8DAD05B325D9
Tiny and BIg in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-B702470F203D2B5A - Taken by EzioCroft
EVE Online Trial Key -- MB-00EAA23438F86D12
Company of Heroes 2 German Commander Storm Doctrine -- MB-D094251E206515AA - Taken by Henry Swanson
SpaceChem -- MB-F5186B413D828588 - Taken by TheMadMan007
Total War Rome II Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack -- MB-3BED3F62D047E6D2 - Taken by EzioCroft
Company of Heroes 2 Soviet Commander Conscripts Support Tactics -- MB-C3EF2AA14EF489A2 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Company of Heroes 2 German Skin Four Color Disruptive Pattern -- MB-125ADAE43B2E4DF2 - Taken by Henry Swanson

ModBot said:
Instructions for ricochetguro:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Blades of Time Limited Edition -- MB-B05A12AB4CD99220 - Taken by Evrain
Mount & Blade -- MB-D4523640BB34AED0 - Taken by cardinalmind
UFO Extraterrestrials Gold -- MB-43342B03BEF010C4 - Taken by Drakhyrr
Puzzle Kingdoms -- MB-1C27646AE3719151 - Taken by derExperte
System Shock 2 -- MB-ACDF6C707E6EF9D3 - Taken by Sammichu
STORM: Frontline Nation -- MB-8E136411A021987B - Taken by redlacs
Thunder Wolves -- MB-F579D84ACA92106B - Taken by AngerdX

No shame :p If I do somehow win JaseC's raffle I'll give away 100 dollars in games because I won't have to buy many ever again :p

Dr.Acula

Banned
Yeah, right now I've got a single friend that he and I share our accounts with, and the general rule is if one of us isn't online it's free reign but if we hop on and the other is in a shared game to let them know if we were going to play something or not.

Can you play someone's shared game while they're playing your shared game?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I just read the megagiver rule. How does a three month window discourage bundle trash? Wouldn't the fast expiry flood us with it?

First, 3 months is actually a lot longer than you'd think it is. But yes, I am aware that MEGAGIVERSONLY emphasizes quantity over quality, and unfortunately it's very difficult to come up with a system that does the opposite without having a substantial administrative burden.

FtHTiny

There is a way around it. The first one has to start the game and then go offline in steam. Then the other one can play from the same library at the same time.

so since i started using shadowplay i tried to make some webms, still need to figure out how to make the quality not shit though (these have sound if you're at work (stop browsing neogaf))

a.pomf.se/kuhtyu.webm
a.pomf.se/nomqqa.webm
a.pomf.se/hohsee.webm

T-Eng?

Is that LP3?

That'd be awesome but I'm probably getting it on PS3. Weak PC and all. =/ As much as I want to get it on Steam due to a larger community, low pre-order price, and guaranteed post-launch support. And I'm not saying I couldn't run it for sure, I'm just not 100% confident.

EDIT: But hey, I just sold someone on the game, so that's good!

Just use low settings.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh that's alright. Hope you get the proper info soon :p

Yeah, I mean, the main problem is the integrated graphics I have. I know it's at least on the level of, if not better than, the cards in the minimum requirements. But still, with integrated you can never be quite sure. So I can't really afford to spend the $10 if I'm not 100% sure it'll run well.

Ibuki

Banned
Checked Modbot and these were unclaimed. Take them if you want em guys!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Junko:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

RENA - CLASH OF CHAMPIONS -- MB-6CD380C79CACB2DC
SHUFFLEPUCK CANTINA DELUXE -- MB-CD496B6A1BE9BCE9 - Taken by Ben652
UFO: Aftershock -- MB-1634B31358273FBD

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for RENA - CLASH OF CHAMPIONS was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for SHUFFLEPUCK CANTINA DELUXE was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for UFO: Aftershock was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Vazra

hmm thats weird. im sitting here afraid to spend any more money. cause I don't know what the hell is going on with paypal. my first purchase using paypal was on the 1st.. and no money have been taken out yet.

I suggest you to not buy anything until next week. That should be enough time for them to update the info. Be careful sir.

Jørdan

Pretty sure the ACs that use Uplay aren't shareable anyway.

Ah, well there's that. Whatever the restrictions in place there is no denying there is a lifetimes gameplay for someone incredibly fortunate. Given the sheer size of the library I'd doubt the paths of the winner and JaseC would often meet.

Hugstable

Banned

Try waiting til you see it taken out just to make sure, it shouldn't be longer than about 2-3 days from when you made the Paypal purchase. It seems that have been abit longer than that but I say wait it out til atleast monday or tuesday since it's the weekend and if it's still not out try giving them a call or hit up there support and try to find out what happened. They do take a long time at times for them to take out my money, but I haven't had it be as long as 4 days before. Never dealt witb paypal support so I don't know how that usually goes.

Dr.Acula

Banned
First, 3 months is actually a lot longer than you'd think it is. But yes, I am aware that MEGAGIVERSONLY emphasizes quantity over quality, and unfortunately it's very difficult to come up with a system that does the opposite without having a substantial administrative burden.

Overall I am really impressed with how the modbot has evolved over the years. I remember when it was a first-come-first-serve clusterfest. There's never going to be a perfect solution to some unique issues. I'm just grateful that everything is optional. The juniors-only is a nice touch too.

Vazra

Yeah, I mean, the main problem is the integrated graphics I have. I know it's at least on the level of, if not better than, the cards in the minimum requirements. But still, with integrated you can never be quite sure. So I can't really afford to spend the $10 if I'm not 100% sure it'll run well.

You should post your specs and let people tell you how it adds up to the steam requirements.

Minimum:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 4800+
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: ATI 3850HD 512 MB or NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 4 GB available space

Recommended:
Processor: Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 4 GB available space

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sadness.

Edit: Oh, hello, pattycake scene.

Quiet a few people I've spoken to enjoyed the film overall so you may find that the last act doesn't drag it down too much. My ex says it's one of her favourites, which is just bizarre considering her predilections, but, hey, whatever. She's also the one who said Saoirse "fakes" her bubbly attitude and has a "weird face"... which is why we're no longer together. :p

Nah, it's the perfect Lost Planet 2. Another one of Capcom's underrated action masterpieces <3 It finally works on my PC so I should spend more time with that version, put a ton of time into the 360 version.

Vmi3C5T.gif

add me to wreck shit up on one of the best coop game of last gen
http://steamcommunity.com/id/RobertJSullivan/

Shadownet

Banned
JaseC has The Last Tinker.

He's okay in my book.

I suggest you to not buy anything until next week. That should be enough time for them to update the info. Be careful sir.

Try waiting til you see it taken out just to make sure, it shouldn't be longer than about 2-3 days from when you made the Paypal purchase. It seems that have been abit longer than that but I say wait it out til at least monday or tuesday since it's the weekend and if it's still not out try giving them a call or hit up there support and try to find out what happened. They do take a long time at times for them to take out my money, but I haven't had it be as long as 4 days before.

thanks guys :) i'll wait. the amount i spent matches the total of money I have left. so I don't wanna overspend :p i'll call them up on monday if nothing changes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jørdan;119662646 said:
Ah, well there's that. Whatever the restrictions in place there is no denying there is a lifetimes gameplay for someone incredibly fortunate. Given the sheer size of the library I'd doubt the paths of the winner and JaseC would often meet.

you dont seem to understand, you cant play any game if the owner is playing a game, its not just the same game

again, this has nothing to do with Jasecs giveaway, he doesnt play games (and not in a joke way, he really doesnt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom