• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLD

I plan to go back to Nier once I'm done with Automata. I hope it doesn't spoil too much of the first game.

I'm not done with Automata yet (only just started route C), but so far the only thing I've seen that could be called a spoiler for the first Nier were a bunch of optional text documents I found near the end of route B. It's possible there's some more blatant stuff later on that I haven't seen yet, though.

Honestly, if you really care about remaining unspoiled you should probably just put Automata on hold and go back to the original now. Or do like me and just watch the Clemps videos. Like Grief said, it's a pretty in-depth recap and even goes into some of the stuff that's outside the game (drama CDs and a short story, IIRC). I found the humor in them to be a little grating but that's just me.

Teggy

Almost there.
YVk2ojjl.jpg

All those but not E?!

DasFool

How much of Automata is going to go over my head if I didn't play Nier? It looks amazing to me, but I really don't have the time or desire to play Nier first.

Is there a good summary/video of what I'd need to know first? I would check in the Automata threads but I'm terrified to go in there 'cause I don't want to get spoiled.

You can play this game without having knowledge of the previous game. Any references to the first game are mostly that: references. There are actually a few plot points in Automata that work as twists if you haven't played the original, which is quite interesting.

Monooboe

Any of you guys played Death Road to Canada? I'm always looking for a good 2D "rogue-like-lite"and that one does seem to have good ratings.

Yeah.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (boybrushdRED, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

We do not talk about this game on GAF -- MB-72423974EE544592 - Taken by Purkake4. 23 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: One or more keys you added were already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1490259164z1.png

I snapped some dude's neck in ME2. I felt a little bad about it as he was trying to play peacemaker. I have decided to give him a backstory as tribute.

His name was Ralph. A troubled childhood led him to mercenary work. He had ethical concerns about his work that manifested in frequent donations to war orphan charities. Lacking a true sense of self worth, he avoided relationships with others which inadvertently caused him to move up the ranks in Eclipse.

And then Shepard snapped his neck because Miranda couldn't deal. RIP Ralph.

If anyone needs a coupon code for 33% off Tyranny, shoot me a PM. I only backed the $29 tier of Pillars 2 figstarter, so I only got a 33% discount. The discount coupon is redeemable on the Paradox store https://www.paradoxplaza.com/games

Purchasing this at the Paradox store will give you a code to use on Steam. Expires on May 31st 2017.

FLD

Wait, it's missable as in there is a point where it's impossible to do unless you start a new save? or can you still get it using the previously mentioned chapter select?

Curious about this as well. Someone previously mentioned that nothing in the game is missable. I looked up the requirements and I think I'm still good but I'd like to know specifically which part to look out for if necessary.

edit: Oh nevermind, I think I see why it's missable. I guess
you need to lose that fight against the boss in that specific way and if you win the fight you can't fight him again?

Zanzura

Wait, it's missable as in there is a point where it's impossible to do unless you start a new save? or can you still get it using the previously mentioned chapter select?

It's something that unlocks after maxing out all weapons. You'll even get a quest for it, so you'll know it when you see it. Look up the requirements then.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Adam Wolfe Episodes 1-4 -- MB-7CDCC3CE5B8232F5 - Taken by InquisitorAles
Brave Dungeon -- MB-E0B89D0EA13B09BB - Taken by Baron_Calamity
CountDown -- MB-010CC0BAE34C4322 - Taken by Loptous
Crazy Pixel Streaker -- MB-CEBD3B23788253BD - Taken by rainking187
Diastr_Blastr -- MB-07BA461987ADA326 - Taken by voodooray
Extreme Forklifting 2 -- MB-1C4DE72EB57B22D0 - Taken by Professor Lexicovermis
Flame of Memory -- MB-8DB45C329B842794 - Taken by Hakkelus
Hitogata Happa -- MB-229C387A15D3EDCA - Taken by Megauap
Invention 2 -- MB-933E6E83455A40CF - Taken by Eila
Metanet Hunter CD -- MB-8C7B90D7256C927A - Taken by Mikurden
MontaSayer -- MB-5AE98DD76D6ED714 - Taken by septicore
Omega One -- MB-74CB2767FE189C84 - Taken by Vuze

Socxel: Pixel Soccer -- MB-24B14AB15E3D49DF - Taken by Kifimbo
Super Destronaut -- MB-F4CF84901E5E50B1 - Taken by Eila
The Cat! Porfirio's Adventure -- MB-173544D0E6FECEE5 - Taken by voodooray
Unnamed Fiasco -- MB-D58060DA321938E5 - Taken by dave is ok
Visitors -- MB-931E2C44E69E35F1 - Taken by Abomination
Word Killer: Zorgilonian Chronicles -- MB-B6CA0674081143FA - Taken by ctw0e

Yesterday was day of glitchy games for me. I was playing Dishonored 2 when suddenly my mouse was locked in X axis and could move it only up and down. I thought it was hardware issue, but after alf+f4 from game everything was back to normal. That engine is disaster, game is awesome and huge improvement of original Dishonored mechanics, but technical issues are slowly destroying my goodwill.
After Dishonored 2 i tried to play Nier, and after 20 minutes i spent o rearranging my inventory and pod chips in resistance camp game crashed at amusement park. It's not Nier fault though, firstly i saw Nvidia Share crash message, so that's my fault that i forgot to disable it in geforce experience control panel. After that game performance slightly increased, but it's annoying that there is no autosaves for situations like this, i was forced to waste my time on inventory again because i forgot to save before leaving camp.

zkylon

zkylewd
anyone have a spare copy of poker night at the inventory?

i want to see how they do tells and stuff for a secret project

yooo I can't wait til the weekend so I could dive into route B
don't get too excited about playthrough b

playthrough c does show promise tho

also that mod thing did absolutely zero for my performance heh

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 -- MB-404646B4E9D17A6C - Taken by kagamin. 3 entrants total.
Burnout Paradise -- MB-011E072AD125E4C7 - Taken by Dream_Journey. 6 entrants total.
Medal of Honor -- MB-FC967FA321B79E9D - Taken by Battlechili1. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-31E05B00C36403EB

t1490271283z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
btw went kinda crazy and finished route b in like a 5 hour session i dug out of my poor sleep schedule lol

did all the sidequests, found some cool stuff, gotten very little answers, but route c sounds like them starting to explain shit so i'm optimistic

i still think this game lacks the inventiveness of nier 1 and the character quality and feeling of adventure that nier 1 had, and none of the sidequests so far reached the level of my favorite sidequests in nier 1

i do enjoy playing it a lot because the world is great and the music and style and all of that works really well, and they keep adding layers of mystery so it's still intriguing and weird, but i feel it might have less to say than nier 1, cos i don't get the impression that there's something of substance hiding underneath

also i finally discovered how to blow up my pants so now i can run around in tight boxer shorts and a pink bow like god meant always meant it

IgGFojN.png

2b aint got shit on mah boi 9s

Sarcasm

Since I got this free PS4, where is the cheapest place to get plus? I know this steamgaf but some of you may have

the knowledge.

Pixieking

Banned
Since I got this free PS4, where is the cheapest place to get plus? I know this steamgaf but some of you may have

the knowledge.

I assume you've checked on the PS Store on the PS4? They occasionally run offers for Plus there - I got one month for 87p yesterday.

Otherwise, probably cdkeys.com? Which country you live in? Someplace like Tescos might have a decent deal, if you're in the UK.

Edit: Actually cdkeys don't seem to have many great deals on Plus subs, so not sure.

Tizoc

the knowledge.

What region are you? If you are UK, grab GBP PSN Cash codes from CDKeys, redeem on EU PSN, buy stuff worth GBP 50 or whereabouts (eg 1 year plus for GBP 40+Something for 10 or more) and you'd have gotten plus for the cheapest price possible :X

Pixieking

Banned
What region are you? If you are UK, grab GBP PSN Cash codes from CDKeys, redeem on EU PSN, buy stuff worth GBP 50 or whereabouts (eg 1 year plus for GBP 40+Something for 10 or more) and you'd have gotten plus for the cheapest price possible :X

Wouldn't that be "redeem on UK PSN"? I didn't think wallet codes could be used in different countries.

Also, if you're in the UK - buy £50 of stuff in March, get a £10 voucher in April. I've been told it works if you use wallet codes to buy anything, and PS+ subscriptions, but only if you buy the subscription on the PS Store.

In fact, if you're anywhere in the EU, go here and ask: Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

Hektor

on what difficulty you replayed?
just curious how doable very hard is.

Played on Hard both times, tho had to put it down to normal for two bosses.

The biggest difference between very hard and hard is that grunts oneshot you.
Bosses oneshot you more often than not on Hard as well.

I'd not recommend anyone to play Very Hard unless that someone really, really hates himself.

Arthea

Shiness releases on 18th of April

a new trailer: https://youtu.be/ps5Ah9guXmE

Played on Hard both times, tho had to put it down to normal for two bosses.

The biggest difference between very hard and hard is that grunts oneshot you.
Bosses oneshot you more often than not on Hard as well.

I'd not recommend anyone to play Very Hard unless that someone really, really hates himself.

there are plenty of insane people out there!
people do NG no death runs!
I find idea fascination myself but I have no patience for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom