• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonton

Speaking of emulators, Cold Steel 2 is in quite alright state in the most recent RSPCs3 build https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r4Ssid5q1r8

Dude the opening of the game is literally spoilers for the end of the first
I mean it's in Japanese but still i lot you can get from just what's shown

Really happy to see PS3 emulation finally getting somewhere either way
Where's my Vita emulator now tho

Hope XSEED puts out native port for both Cold Steel games soon either way

I'm old. It's my birthday
tumblr_mm3ahuVLl01sn3hw1o2_250.gif

So here is a game about youth and choices.

lEwACD5.png

Happy birthday~

I mean, it is legal to buy games without buying a system and go play those games on a friend's system. It's not like you need ownership of a console to play the games to begin with. Even before Wii U emulation was a thing I had already bought a few Wii U games. Never got the system because I thought it was overpriced. When CEMU started having great improvements I just dumped my games using my friend's Wii U.

I think, at least in my experience, that emulators itself are great, but, and I dont mean you, a lot of people will use it for downloades isos, roms, stuff.
I mean especially on GAF, a gaming enthusiast forum, you will have people really dumping their roms and isos and just want to enjoy their bought games in high resolutions, more options etc.
But even here you have people with raspberry pies as emulation-centers and stuff like that.

Its a bit like when the 3DS was hacked and eveyone "here" wanted Cubic Ninja. Homebrew isnt really the main reason people suddenly wanted Cubic Ninja. And I dont wanna call anyone out, but some people on GAF who never owned a WiiU, and I dont mean you again Bernardo, suddenly posted tons of Screen of emulated games and I personally doubt they are like you and bought all the games and ripped them themselves.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Axiom Verge worth the €8 it's currently on Humble?
Or am I better off saving that money for NieR:Asperger's?

excuse me

Speaking of, I tried the Global Illumination fix for Automata. I still can't get playable framerates on my 660 GTX unless the resolution is set really low, but I did gain 10-15 FPS on average, with dips depending on how much was happening on screen. If you have an even slightly recent system, you might want to keep an eye on it! The gains seem worth the potential loss of GI samples if you want to keep a smoother framerate.

EDIT: I see Nabs has already given it a run on his 660ti and has seen similar gains.

Zanzura

Finally.

The FAR thread was actually pinned by someone from Square Enix or Platinum.

Nope, it's actually just a Steam Community Moderator that did it, no customer/PR rep from SE or Platinum to be found in the discussions so far.

Anyway, that GI change from Kaladaien's fix in the test branch dramatically improves performance, though it comes with some graphical downgrades though. Some objects become fullbright or lose some shadows. I might be wrong on this, but I'm seeing some flickering shadows on things like jagged rockwalls as you transition to the desert zone that I don't think were there before.

Nabs

excuse me

Speaking of, I tried the Global Illumination fix for Automata. I still can't get playable framerates on my 660 GTX unless the resolution is set really low, but I did gain 10-15 FPS on average, with dips depending on how much was happening on screen. If you have an even slightly recent system, you might want to keep an eye on it! The gains seem worth the potential loss of GI samples if you want to keep a smoother framerate.

I'm now getting 60 in a bunch of areas (didn't get to test everything) at 1600x900 on my 660 ti.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-BA0D2715DFA5EDBF - Taken by prudislav. 23 entrants total.

t1490230713z1.png

ModBot 2

Not a Mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

K7GXagI.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-4E9FAAA879BD3397 - Taken by Madventure. 27 entrants total.

t1490230762z1.png

Durante

I really don't understand the emulator's legal side. Yeah, you may be buying the game and getting it legally, but you aren't buying the system, so you're still making them lose money.
Laws do not exist to guarantee a profit for companies. Emulators are perfectly legal because which part exactly of sitting at your computer and creating some software from scratch should not be?

That said, it's not like the profit in games is in hardware anyway.

MUnited83

For you.
I was not aware that PS3 emulation was in this (awesome) state. The emulator seems very promising and it looks like it's progressing faster every month.
They recently reached 1K on Patreon too thanks to Demon Souls and Catherine having great improvements lately. With the 1k goal reached the Dev is now dedicating full time to the emulator development. So expect even faster development :)

Maybe with some luck they will be able to do some further improvements to Persona 5 a little bit after the western release https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RKDS42xX8zM

Mivey

I really don't understand the emulator's legal side. Yeah, you may be buying the game and getting it legally, but you aren't buying the system, so you're still making them lose money.
The people making game console's don't own the idea of how their system and its operating system works in tandem. People writing emulators figure this out in a pain-stacking process and put the software out.
Console's are not really sold at high profit margins. The money is in the games. So you can rest safely knowing that video game console manufacturers are not being harmed by emulators. In fact, most them use emulators to preserve their own games. See recent PS4 remasters based on PS2 emulation by Sony.
It is truly heart-warming how so many of you care deeply that large billion-dollar entities don't lose money on obscure PC software. Commendable.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-ED3BE1E7AB472695 - Taken by Zeeman. 22 entrants total.

t1490231958z1.png

I really hope the Steam client overhaul brings with it a music album thingy so I can download OSTs separately from the games themselves.

...Really didn't think through this decision to skip backing them up because, "eh, they're on Steam. I can get them any time I want."

Endruen

It is truly heart-warming how so many of you care deeply that large billion-dollar entities don't lose money on obscure PC software. Commendable.

I don't, but I just found it odd knowing how anti-piracy are all of you yet not wanting to buy a system, just wanted to see your point of view and now I understand it.

Orgen

Ozium with the hard truth as always ;D We even had someone here insinuating that they were going to download a Zelda ISO without buying the game so there's little to discuss about it :p

There's no spring sales on steam right? The next one is the summer sale?

pislit

Nier in my country is available as Physical release (DVD + Steam key) for 45 USD. Will buy.

Also re: emulation, is perfectly legal in my country so shut your mouth "concerned citizens". lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
happy bday fishy, hope things turn around for u soon

is there like a performance mod for nier?

game runs acceptable for me but wouldn't say no to 5 more fps

Village

ModBot said:
Instructions for Village:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Village, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-AECC3FE74F7A918E - Taken by Zeeman. 5 entrants total.
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-77DAA2DBFB031BC7 - Taken by Platy. 12 entrants total.

t1490236034z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom