• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
Cheapest Erica Reed has ever being and you get like 11 other games! (Indie Gala)

sLyCa.png

Thank you Enhanced Steam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Is DARK on Nuuvem region locked? I'm 90% sure that it isn't but I think it is prudent to double check before I end up in a situation paying for a copy of the game that I can't activate.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is DARK on Nuuvem region locked? I'm 90% sure that it isn't but I think it is prudent to double check before I end up in a situation paying for a copy of the game that I can't activate.

Nope. I've been meaning to contact the dev/pub and ask for a key for the strategy guide. I assumed it'd be available post-release but was sorely mistaken. :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cheapest Erica Reed has ever being and you get like 11 other games! (Indie Gala)

sLyCa.png

Thank you Enhanced Steam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was $1.99 yesterday too

zkylon

zkylewd
Operation Breakout (the one before this) was so much better. They weren't dropping cases as often as this Operation. BUT, according to Ozium. If you buy Operation Vanguard, you will get cases from the previous operations (Phoenix, Breakout, etc)

So it is a good way to earn like 8-15 cents overtime. BUT you do have to spend a considerable amount of time to get drops like that.

So usually, you get like 4 case drop per month + regular skins drop and with this new operation you also get drops if you complete missions.

So that's 3 different ways you can get stuff.

yeah too complicated for my puny brain

why must valve always make everything so complicated

Every day I'm waking up to find that I missed several 3-hour raffles that I'd have loved to participate in, because I live in the wrong time zone :(

ExoSoul

Banned
Killer is Dead is $4.50 from Nuuvem

Just saw this, is it locked, would if work for EU?
why am I even asking, I can't afford it, sometimes I wonder if I'm a maso...

Edit:
Nope

You will see this on the Store page if it was.

LU1OM.png

Thank you for killing my dream dead (worst pun ever)
but saving my inexistent wallet on the process, you're a hero!

Card Boy

Banned
I didn't want these from the Indiegala bundle. Steam gift links.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Gez:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gez, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Face Noir -- MB-2AD350B6050680FA - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
Selknam Defense -- MB-5683DC3B4EB96D63 - Taken by NingenJanai
Platypus -- MB-685DE39B9567FBFF - Taken by Haunted
OCEAN CITY RACING -- MB-448E81F7A59FD712 - Taken by Phawx
Jets'n'Guns Gold -- MB-F9EBC650793866E5 - Taken by Ben652
Power-Up -- MB-9055F5EC9081E514

Just saw this, is it locked, would if work for EU?
why am I even asking, I can't afford it, sometimes I wonder if I'm a maso...

Locked but you can try a VPN for science if you want :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why, why must you tempt me so?
What's a VPN? (Is it obvious I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm secretly a console peasant trying to ascend to a superior being?)

A VPN is basically a server you connect to that reroutes your internet traffic so it appears as though you're connecting from a different location than the one you're actually in. Technically using a VPN at all is against the SSA, but in practice Valve's turned a blind eye to people using one to redeem a region-locked key or unlock a game early. FlyVPN is free and has a server or two in Brazil.

ExoSoul

Banned
A VPN is basically a server you connect to that reroutes your internet traffic so it appears as though you're connecting from a different location than the one you're actually in. Technically using a VPN at all is against the SSA, but in practice Valve's turned a blind eye to people using one to redeem a region-locked key or unlock a game early. FlyVPN is free and has a server or two in Brazil.

I see, thank you for your time. =)

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Nope

You will see this on the Store page if it was.

LU1OM.png

Ah, I see now. Thanks for the elucidation on the subject. It's nice that Nuuvem voluntarily marks the region locked titles.

Nope. I've been meaning to contact the dev/pub and ask for a key for the strategy guide. I assumed it'd be available post-release but was sorely mistaken. :(

That is kinda ridiculous. I really hate when pre-order offers disappear forever after the initial offering.

Derp

I am now Spoderman...
I'm having way too much fun with this.

Anyways, i bought Terraria because what the hell.

Dr Dogg

Digital Foundry are so far behind the times and out of the groove when it comes to PC's that it's like watching someones parents who have just discovered their kids music tastes some serveral years later after they had their 15 minutes of fame.

kudoboi

man. dreamfall chapters was pretty damn boring. it seems the entire first episode was just "a day in a life of an average teenager".

Arthea

I couldn't say no to DRM free Anno 1404 and right this instant I'm struggling to say other noes.
Can't wrap my head around people complaining that it's a bad sale

Card Boy

Banned
Could someone explain how to usE SweetFX? I want to apply it to Borderlands 1.

STEP 1: Download the SweetFX files here at the bottom of the page.
STEP 2: Extract the zip to where the .exe is of your game (usually is in the main directory)
STEP 3: Go here and find the Borderlands config preset you want (you can make your own if you know what you are doing). It is just a .txt file you are downloading.
STEP 4: Rename the SweetFX_Settings_Borderlands.txt file to SweetFX_Settings.txt and replace the other SweetFX_Settings.txt file you copied in Step 2.
STEP 5: Run game and press either F12 or Scroll Lock to activate or disable SweetFX on the fly.

DONE!

It's pretty mandatory to use SweetFX on Borderlands. Not only does it make everything more colorful, some presets even bring out more detail.

htzcH.png

N5awK.png

Mr. Doop

I bought the collection and already had Runner.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Mr. Doop:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mr. Doop, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BIT.TRIP RUNNER -- MB-D9A13EE0A6155781 - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.

t1417344599z1.png

Card Boy

Banned
Why does the gamma/bloom and saturation look off with SweetFX on in those preview pictures? (Look at the rocks) Is it purposely done for distinguishable differences?
Also does this program work with all games (as long as they're 32bit)?

There are different profiles. You can choose or make your own to your liking.

Vazduh

1.2.4. patch for Risk of rain fixed the crashing (clients would crash during co-op), finally managed to beat the game. Even on "easy" it took us a couple of retries on the last level to complete the game.

Divius

Cruising through TWD Season 2, just got to chapter 3. I don't care about these characters (Luke is cool though) and I just want to hang around with
Kenny
and skip out on all the group drama. Forcing me to make decisions about people and things I don't care about. Ugh. I really hope this gets better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom