• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Completed 1954 Alcatraz. I understand why the game was in the 2$ pre-order on Bemine :S

It's weird for a game that was developed by Daedalic to not use their Visionaire engine.
Store page this was co-developed by another company, I'm guessing Daedalic only handled publishing. :\

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of fenners, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fenners, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dreamcast Collection -- MB-F911CE31437D33FC - Taken by Sgt.Pepper. 24 entrants total.
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-AE1C17A5F7CC0A86 - Taken by tioslash. 14 entrants total.

t1417388337z1.png

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Since they are super cheap right now and since I love the series and since you might want to catch up on it before Witcher 3 happens, here you go.
Hope this works.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fantastapotamus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition -- MB-FBAAB534027D9ED5 - Taken by Fare Godmace. 9 entrants total.
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut -- MB-12D28AAC9C4AF4F6 - Taken by Madn. 7 entrants total.

t1417356118z1.png

Tizoc

STEP 1: Download the SweetFX files here at the bottom of the page.
STEP 2: Extract the zip to where the .exe is of your game (usually is in the main directory)
STEP 3: Go here and find the Borderlands config preset you want (you can make your own if you know what you are doing). It is just a .txt file you are downloading.
STEP 4: Rename the SweetFX_Settings_Borderlands.txt file to SweetFX_Settings.txt and replace the other SweetFX_Settings.txt file you copied in Step 2.
STEP 5: Run game and press either F12 or Scroll Lock to activate or disable SweetFX on the fly.

DONE!

It's pretty mandatory to use SweetFX on Borderlands. Not only does it make everything more colorful, some presets even bring out more detail.

htzcH.png

N5awK.png

Thank you! Which SweetFX preset is the best if you don't mind me asking? I do agree the game can benefit from the colors popping out.

Vazduh

+1

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vazduh, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sins of a Dark Age -- MB-9253B11A13B02E7B - Taken by Rhaknar. 6 entrants total.

t1417347118z1.png

KtSlime

I'm thinking about getting Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but have a few questions. 3 says that it is not optimized for Win 7, so will it run fine on 8.1? And there are two different versions of New Vegas, is the one with DLC worth it?

derExperte

I'm thinking about getting Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but have a few questions. 3 says that it is not optimized for Win 7, so will it run fine on 8.1? And there are two different versions of New Vegas, is the one with DLC worth it?

Not 100% sure about the F3 situation and if you need a fan-patch or something but in the end it will run on 8.1.

And get NV Ultimate, the DLC is good and it'll be more expensive to buy it later.

zkylon

zkylewd

yes, get new vegas ultimate edition, the dlc is fantastic

STEP 1: Download the SweetFX files here at the bottom of the page.
STEP 2: Extract the zip to where the .exe is of your game (usually is in the main directory)
STEP 3: Go here and find the Borderlands config preset you want (you can make your own if you know what you are doing). It is just a .txt file you are downloading.
STEP 4: Rename the SweetFX_Settings_Borderlands.txt file to SweetFX_Settings.txt and replace the other SweetFX_Settings.txt file you copied in Step 2.
STEP 5: Run game and press either F12 or Scroll Lock to activate or disable SweetFX on the fly.

DONE!

It's pretty mandatory to use SweetFX on Borderlands. Not only does it make everything more colorful, some presets even bring out more detail.

htzcH.png

N5awK.png

This is THE way to play Borderlands 2! So happy I found out about it before I started that game!

Vastag

The Long Dark's art style is beautiful, but I hope that I never get stranded in the wilderness, I can't survive even in a game.

Cruising through TWD Season 2, just got to chapter 3. I don't care about these characters (Luke is cool though) and I just want to hang around with
Kenny
and skip out on all the group drama. Forcing me to make decisions about people and things I don't care about. Ugh. I really hope this gets better soon.
Yea I felt the same, don't really care for the supporting cast besides luke. The worse one is pregos. She's really annoying imo

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
South Park must be selling gangbusters as it managed to creep into the weekly Top 10 (#9), which Valve published four'ish hours ago.

I dont know how that is remotely possible since its such a shit insulting deal. Steam is a joke

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's good to see the larger audience recognize a quality game with great, legitimately funny writing.

Yeah, I'd planned on finishing the game in time for GAF's GOTY voting period but I don't think that's going to happen. Styx will probably end up being my GOTY by default, haha; the only other game I've finished thus far this year is Fable: TLC (not to be confused with Fable Anniversary).

Edit: Err, "finishing", not "fishing".

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's a joke related to people complaining about deals and some reason many think that Valve set the deal prices.

jke? im sorry but im very serious, I dont see how Valve can be considered...

(shit what was it?... fuck. Oh, yes!)

...can be considered the bastions of PC gaming with these shit deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom