• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

Apologies, this may have been covered already (on mobile through my work's web server - it's a battle), but:

How much might an Australian, cruelly denied access to Anno 1404 Gold, expect to pay a friendly-friend or trader for a copy of said title? Is 3 keys ($6-ish) about right, SteamGAF? Thanks!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Apologies, this may have been covered already (on mobile through my work's web server - it's a battle), but:

How much might an Australian, cruelly denied access to Anno 1404 Gold, expect to pay a friendly-friend or trader for a copy of said title? Is 3 keys ($6-ish) about right, SteamGAF? Thanks!

2.5/3, yeah. Eastern Europe got Dawn of Discovery for some reason, though, so you have to buy Anno 1404 through someone in rest-of-Europe.

zkylon

zkylewd
reliable? no. What just happened to Kano is a rare moment, like what happened with JaseC.

yea i'm just thinking well if it's a fun game and you slowly make .50c, .50c, .50c and eventually get your money back that's kinda nice

wasn't expecting major profits or anything

thinking it more like eve online paying for itself

Just beat VC. It was a enjoyable ride however I have to say, while unpopular I still prefer VC2. My main gripe with VC was just that the mission difficulty felt kinda all over the place for someone of my caliber. Some missions were just right while other's were more than just scratching my head to figure it out. There was more than a few that I couldn't figure out how to beat without cheesing my way through with orders and beelines. Which just kinda takes away from it. You shouldn't want the person playing going for the quickest route as soon as a mission stars. Might have been just me but I never had that issue with VC2.

Aside from how I felt about the mission difficulty I really liked everything else.
Story was great as were the cutscene's and voice acting. Plus the graphics look phenomenal thanks to the art style especially when down sampled. Still a worthy purchase and something you should play when given the chance. Just don't feel bad if you have to get a little help in some missions.
wow you're fast

i agree with the difficulty, i just got my first a rank on what was supposed to be a suicide mission

i'll write my own thoughts after beating it, i'm close to the end too

yea i'm just thinking well if it's a fun game and you slowly make .50c, .50c, .50c and eventually get your money back that's kinda nice

wasn't expecting major profits or anything

thinking it more like eve online paying for itself
Get operation passe, get chest drops from said operation, sell them, you can make the money back.

holy shit,that is surreal for some reason.

image.php

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Is there any description on how this works?

dispenser.tf said:
Added feature to exchange untradable gifts

We have added a test button under 'Shop Inventory' for you to send untradable gifts to the bot. We also added a way to add the bot to your Steam friendlist under Bot Customization Page. Please note that untradable gift trading is still under early test and there may be unforeseen errors. We suggest not to sell high valued untradable gifts before the feature is fully tested.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dispenser.tf added functionality to trade the the untradable games.

I'm still miffed that the accounts of those who donated before the decision was made to lock gift storage behind the $50 tier were not grandfathered and allowed to keep their gift slots. There's no way I'm ever going to pay another $40 just to make my trading life a wee bit easier.

So I got my first two foils ever today using Idle Master. The first was from a no-name game (Paranormal State) and is worth about $3.30. The second is from Papers, Please and is worth about $0.52. I guess it being bundled in a more popular bundle lowered the game's foil prices.

I also am giving away Steel and Steam Episode 1. Just quote this post and it is in an email tag.

Derp

I've got $5 in my Steam wallet. Thinking of pulling the trigger on Terraria. I have Starbound and i love it, and i've done everything there is to do in it so i'm not sure if there's a point in grabbing Terraria. Starbound seems to be superior from what i've read.

Shadownet

Banned
so no to the money back thingie?
i'm trying to prevent myself from buying ff13 here
help me out people
Operation Breakout (the one before this) was so much better. They weren't dropping cases as often as this Operation. BUT, according to Ozium. If you buy Operation Vanguard, you will get cases from the previous operations (Phoenix, Breakout, etc)

So it is a good way to earn like 8-15 cents overtime. BUT you do have to spend a considerable amount of time to get drops like that.

So usually, you get like 4 case drop per month + regular skins drop and with this new operation you also get drops if you complete missions.

So that's 3 different ways you can get stuff.

ViviOggi

I've got $5 in my Steam wallet. Thinking of pulling the trigger on Terraria. I have Starbound and i love it, and i've done everything there is to do in it so i'm not sure if there's a point in grabbing Terraria. Starbound seems to be superior from what i've read.

If you don't get Astebreed you're an
astehole

JustLynx

Operation Breakout (the one before this) was so much better. They weren't dropping cases as often as this Operation. BUT, according to Ozium. If you buy Operation Vanguard, you will get cases from the previous operations (Phoenix, Breakout, etc)

So it is a good way to earn like 8-15 cents overtime. BUT you do have to spend a considerable amount of time to get drops like that.

So usually, you get like 4 case drop per month + regular skins drop and with this new operation you also get drops if you complete missions.

So that's 3 different ways you can get stuff.

actually you get like 3-4 cases and 3-4 skins per week , not a month...
the drops reset every Wednesday i think

Reset timer: http://josh3d.com/csgo/

and i suggest grabbing Vanguard only if you plan on playing it, cause you won't get your money back with the cases like with previous ops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom