• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I thought as much as well, thus I posted it in this thread first. Felt better to suggest it here as I think it it's "safer" here to do so as well and keep it managed. I just didn't want to hijack a thread.

The collecting urge has already long since been a part of my life, I think after getting close to 5000 games spread across every gaming console since the Atari 2600, and now living in Tokyo, where I have to forbid myself from visiting certain districts of the city too often in order to keep my wallet safe.

Oh, on the contrary, it would be more on topic than what is commonly posted. At this point I don't even have to read other threads to be current with exclusive games on Nintendo hardware. On a serious note, if you choose to go forward with your plan, I'll definitely participate.

Yeah, I had to stop visiting auction sites to track down obscure limited run titles when I ran out of room to store my current collection.

lemme give you some perspective. $5 is price of a small pizza margherita here, not minipizza, but small enough to feel you haven't eaten all that much (minus price of delivery of course), and it's not $5, it's 4€, but that's besides the point. So, if you wish only to $5 a game, it means a game is barely worth skipping a meal that's not that much of a meal, but still.
OK, I'll stop here (><)

you are hopeless!
you can make your own version, also the verb can't be plural, but you feel free to ignore that too (><)

Okay. This is not worth debating further, do what you will. :p

Turfster

MacGameStore has BioInf and separate DLC 75% off, season pack 50% off

Resi 5 75% pl0x
5 isn't even part of the Gamersgate RE dailies, so... I wouldn't hold my breath.

t1417024800z4.png

Monooboe

Damn... I though I wouldn't buy anything during the sale and save up for the winter sale... BUT seems one bill was 200 euros less than I though it would be. Not good at all.:S

derExperte

My latest CS:GO crate gamble has so not paid off, it's kinda funny. Instead of rising in price like older crates did they're only worth 10 cents or less now. Guess it's time to bury the plan to become a professional crate trader. ;)

FloatOn

Well if this is anything to go by...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ICSSO78/

I wouldn't say short as it took me about 18-20 hours to finish up and I've still got some side quests to do. Great game though nonetheless.

Good to hear that it's a little longer than what I've heard. I hope your not one of those crazy collect all the feathers completionists though Dr.Dogg

I mainly just want to end this year with a good laugh that I know stick of truth will provide.

My latest CS:GO crate gamble has so not paid off, it's kinda funny. Instead of rising in price like older crates did they're only worth 10 cents or less now. Guess it's time to bury the plan to become a professional crate trader. ;)

Yea everyone had the same idea this time :(

Last time I made back many times the amount I spend on buying the operation. This time around I don't even think I'll break even on the $12 I spent.

Maniac

Banned

Well, a Deagle | Blaze dropped from a mission for me yesterday, and those are worth 40 euros, so I'm happy with my purchase of the operation-pass thing. :3
Yea everyone had the same idea this time :(

Last time I made back many times the amount I spend on buying the operation. This time around I don't even think I'll break even on the $12 I spent.

Poor lad. Hopefully you'll get something that's worth decent coin.

MadGear

My latest CS:GO crate gamble has so not paid off, it's almost funny. Instead of rising in price like older crates did they're only worth 10 cents or less now. Guess it's time to bury the plan to become a professional crate trader. ;)

Same for me. I wont even get to pay off the pass with case sales anymore and having multiple cases as mission rewards is also kind of annoying because of their super low value.
I also have yet to receive a skin out of these mission drops that i actually want to use or is of any value :/

tioslash

Damn... I though I wouldn't buy anything during the sale and save up for the winter sale... BUT seems one bill was 200 euros less than I though it would be. Not good at all.:S

It looks like some of that money is about to get well spent. :D

Well, a Deagle | Blaze dropped from a mission for me yesterday, and those are worth 40 euros, so I'm happy with my purchase of the operation-pass thing. :3

That´s great value. After I saw a guy drop a skin worth it like U$250 as a mission reward last operation while I kept dropping 15 cents skins over and over again, I was very sad about the whole thing. :/ Don´t know if I´ll buy Vanguard pass though.

Poor lad. Hopefully you'll get something that's worth decent coin.

Fingers crossed for the Dragon lore eh? :)

Nah, I try to remember that getting money back is a bonus and not the point of these operations. Shouldn't get too disappointed with whatever drops and their prices.

Dr Dogg

Good to hear that it's a little longer than what I've heard. I hope your not one of those crazy collect all the feathers completionists though Dr.Dogg

I mainly just want to end this year with a good laugh that I know stick of truth will provide.

While there are collectables in the shape of Chinpokomon toys to find (and I guess the Friend Everyone in South Park and Own Every Weapon achievements) there are some good bits of side content too. The Al Gore side quest line was more than worth it.

*chortle*

Oh, on the contrary, it would be more on topic than what is commonly posted. At this point I don't even have to read other threads to be current with exclusive games on Nintendo hardware. On a serious note, if you choose to go forward with your plan, I'll definitely participate.

Yeah, I had to stop visiting auction sites to track down obscure limited run titles when I ran out of room to store my current collection.

Well two people at least is enough to start. I would like to go forward with a Neogaf Steam Secret Santa.

wKzvvhu.jpg

This will be the general idea of it then. I am open to suggestions!
People can sign up that they want to be a part of the "Neogaf Steam Secret Santa Drive" until December 3rd at 11 a.m PST to sign up, so it doesn't go insanely out of control by posting in the Steam Community thread, and they can pm me their steam account info privately for their Secret Santa to be able to get their information if they are afraid of getting random dudes asking them to click on links.

Next I would suggest people work on their wishlists and watch the Autumn Sale for good deals and ideas for gifts, and on December 4th I will randomize the list of people given, and I will send out the information through pms.

People should send their gifts by one day after the last day of the Steam Winter Sale(I assume it will be January 6th when it ends) So by January 7th. That way if you want to wait for all the daily deals and flash sales to run their course you can take advantage of that. Thankfully the changes in the way trading works, still allows for direct gifting through Steam, but of course if you were to buy things during the Autumn Sale, the 30 day window would expire if you wanted to trade the gifts to your target for convenience.

This is entirely a work in progress and if anyone has ideas on how to do this smoothly and give input I am more than willing to listen.

Once again, If you are interested in participating in the Steam Secret Santa. Please post in this thread, and send me a private message.

I'm only hoping for some cheap DLC for Dishonored and Sleepy Dawgs, price mistakes notwithstanding. Maaybe The Witcher 2 if it finally goes under 80% off...

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nosferatu -- MB-EBE66A9FF60378D5 - Taken by tylergregg. 1 entrants total.
The Culling of the Cows -- MB-5E4DA77098DF1AE9
Afterfall InSanity -- MB-A30A03FA5C953C15 - Taken by Costa1774. 1 entrants total.
Borealis (1) -- MB-70AEA8BF36A80E2B
Borealis (2) -- MB-CB6E64CADE344DF1 - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.
Weird Worlds -- MB-556462680B35C468 - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Realms Of The Haunting -- MB-3C71E5DAAA6C1A92
Ionball 2: Ionstorm -- MB-2F2758F076E09B16

t1417013682z1.png

Starts off looking like Senator Armstrong... whoa.

I expect at least the same price of PSN. The game is already out since March, so it's "old".
If Konami adopt the same policy he took for Rising, the price will be 20€. And...this is not really a game, it's basically a demo. So you need to consider this too.

Yeah, I'm not saying the game is going to be $30 or whatever (though I wouldn't rule it out), but I see no way that it's no $20 with a potential 10% preorder discount. If we're lucky, GMG will allow for pre-orders as well and you can use a 25% voucher bringing it down to $15 or so.

Beat all mission achievement in FFXIII is bugged. I beat all missions, no achievement. Maybe I need to complete Chocobo trasure hunts too?
Well, no problem anyway, I'm happy to having almost completed this thing. Now I sold all my equipment, I bought 99 invisible clocks and I'm running past all enemies in Orphan :D

Depends. I can't remember if those are numbered "missions", but if they are, the answer is yes. And I can't remember if there's an achievement for beating all of them or if it's for "beating all of them with 5 star ranking". So it may potentially be your scores on the missions, rater than not having completed them all.

Spiegel

ModBot said:
Instructions for Spiegel:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spiegel, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dreamcast Collection -- MB-0FEA002A8E8A7D45 - Taken by Zeeman. 17 entrants total.

t1417023762z1.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sanic Racing: Gotta Go Fast Edition -- MB-76784484ABD56146 - Taken by MulderWasTaken. 2 entrants total.
Deadly 30 -- MB-A1CDB078E2AC633D - Taken by dave is ok. 1 entrants total.
Puddle -- MB-B8EB9D24DDA3D3A6 - Taken by Fantastapotamus. 1 entrants total.
The Ship: Complete -- MB-629637281193AFFC - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 1 entrants total.
Mysterious Cities of Gold -- MB-5D8528C6E9F81009 - Taken by Ruruja. 1 entrants total.
Critical Mass -- MB-649974E20A71FCE7
Postmordem: One Must Die -- MB-ECB14C23C22CAA76
Gold Rush! Classic -- MB-B94F952A2EACC4DA - Taken by ScreamingTrees. 1 entrants total.
Anomaly Warzone Earth -- MB-64C6D23B68667237

t1417014282z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom