• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does the sale last for?

As long as it has to.
For as long as there is money in your bank account, the sale will thrive.

Can't wait for disappointment!

I know, right?
Now imagine that you owned 4 or 5 times as many games on Steam...

Unless you're JaseC looking for +1s... it's reaaaaaaally reaaaaaaallly dire for some of us. :p

--

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/metal-gear-rising-revengeance/113375

MGR:R 75% off at Gamestop.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Can't wait for disappointment!

lowered-expectations.jpg

Dr Dogg

The first 'Hey guys X game is -33% off and not a daily should I buy it now?' that I see I'm going to gouge my eyes out with a spoon.

There are two achievements: beat all missions, beat all missions with 5 stars rank.
I completed 64 missions. The only thing remaining is doing chocobo hunts, but I really don't want waste my time here, since it's totally random and useless now. Also Chocobo Hunts have another achievement, so I don't know if those count as mission, but I think they don't, since are not actually missions.

Yeah, saw that. But sadly I can't purchase it. Also it's 1€ expansive compared to aSteam 75% off discount.

And for Ground Zeroes and GMG, we EU users probably won't even see the game here, since Konami games are not available for EU users (we can't purchase Castlevanias nor Rising).

64 is the total # of missions, so I'm not sure why it didn't pop for you.

derExperte

The first 'Hey guys X game is -33% off and not a daily should I buy it now?' I'm going to gouge my eyes out with a spoon.

We've survived dozens of 'at what time does the sale start' (why exactly is that the new thing, never was before?), we'll survive everything else too.

Reposting my question for new page:
I've got a question about the region restriction of MGS Rising (https://steamdb.info/sub/36077/). If I activate the key using a VPN, can I play it without a VPN later while in a restricted country?

check steamDB...

and you're not on a new page... at least not in the world of the 100ppp royalty.

The first 'Hey guys X game is -33% off and not a daily should I buy it now?' that I see I'm going to gouge my eyes out with a spoon.

Hey guys -- X game is 33% off as a daily... is it worth it?

Turfster

You're doing it wrong.
Gouge out their eyes.

We've survived dozens of 'at what time does the sale start' (why exactly is that the new thing, never was before?), we'll survive everything else too.

Judging by the twitching of my eye every fucking time that question got asked, I don't know if survival is worth it =p

Speaking of which, for the 50pp plebs:

t1417024800z4.png

^^ Dammit Turfster!
t1417024800z4.png

Very soon. Hope for many price mistakes :3

What's the plan for those who want to buy from Russia since trading is off the table now?

Mokoi

Banned
I just don't see why yall are getting excited about wasting your money. You can send it to the fund mokoi's new computer, so he doesn't have to waste his money instead. Just saying. :)

No. Probably not. It might really trigger that aneursym that I'm always worried about... and then I'll be dead with a large Steam library of unplayed games. :(

You're doing it wrong.
Gouge out their eyes.

Judging by the twitching of my eye every fucking time that question got asked, I don't know if survival is worth it =p

Speaking of which, for the 50pp plebs:

t1417024800z4.png

See, I knew we saw eye to eye, even if we occasionally disagree. If only I could hit a button and send assassins to do the good work of Turfster (using a melon baller, no less) every time I saw one of the offending questions...

Luckily, most of the idiocy should move to the sale thread that Salsa or MRORANGE should be creating?

if street fighter x tekken gets a good discount i think i will buy it ( even if is still in GFWL )

Keep wishing.

Reposting my question for new page:
I've got a question about the region restriction of MGS Rising (https://steamdb.info/sub/36077/). If I activate the key using a VPN, can I play it without a VPN later while in a restricted country?

Ok, so time for a lesson:.

https://steamdb.info/sub/36077/

Code:
AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries	No
PurchaseRestrictedCountries expand	BT BN KH CN HK ID JP KR LA MO MY MV MN NP PH SG LK TW TH VN
AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting	No

Now compare to something like... Wolfenstein:TNO, which I believe DOES require a VPN everytime you play:

Code:
AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries	Yes
PurchaseRestrictedCountries expand	AM AZ BY GE KZ KG MD RU TJ TM UZ UA
onlyallowrunincountries expand	AM AZ BY GE KZ KG MD RU TJ TM UZ UA

See that nasty little ONLYALLOWRUNINCOUNTRIES attribute? Yeah, that's what requires a VPN everytime you want to play.

Darkroronoa

Resident evil revelaitons is still 40€ base price, whelp.

I hope i can get cheap valdis story and dark souls, the rest can wait for christmas sale.

I won't get most games I wished to buy. Can't afford to pay more than 10 euros for single game.
Buy less stuff. At least that's gonna be my plan.
Eh, that sucks but I think you are right :(
The dream is dead. Russia will prosper again. I believe!
-
Sadly, if past experience holds true, this thread will be locked for the duration of the sale and we'll all have to move to the sale thread.
I remember MrOrange saying that this thread will get locked during sale. So, yeah I think that's already a certain.

Sadly, if past experience holds true, this thread will be locked for the duration of the sale and we'll all have to move to the sale thread.

That happens when there are 2 threads in gaming... however, this is the first time we're in community when it happens, no?

Maybe they won't bother to lock this, and they'll leave the other thread open in gaming for all the idiotic questions that make my blood pressure skyrocket. ;)

If not, I suppose I'll be disappearing once again. Maybe I'll see you on the other side. :3

Dr Dogg

This sale sucks. Nothing is discounted!

That's the post that's gonna make me want to punch my monitor.

Odds are that will be one of the first responses. That and why has the store crashed as everyone tries to rushing in the door at the same time.

Don't worry. We're in Community now. Nobody will hear them scream.

Well isn't the Sale Thread going in Gaming and this thread getting locked as per usual or am I missing something?

I like to see myself as a tolerant and patient chap but there's only so much asking of the same questions which could be answered themselves I can take.

Hey guys -- X game is 33% off as a daily... is it worth it?

Well crankyfrost is going to rear his head at some point in the sale thread and much worse than my off the cuff remark :p

You're doing it wrong.
Gouge out their eyes.

Sadly I'm not Mr Tickle and don't have the blessing of arms to reach out into the internet to make that a possibility.

Xanathus

Ok, so time for a lesson:.

https://steamdb.info/sub/36077/

Code:
AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries	No
PurchaseRestrictedCountries expand	BT BN KH CN HK ID JP KR LA MO MY MV MN NP PH SG LK TW TH VN

Now compare to something like... Wolfenstein:TNO, which I believe DOES require a VPN everytime you play:

Code:
AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries	Yes
PurchaseRestrictedCountries expand	AM AZ BY GE KZ KG MD RU TJ TM UZ UA
onlyallowrunincountries expand	AM AZ BY GE KZ KG MD RU TJ TM UZ UA

See that nasty little ONLYALLOWRUNINCOUNTRIES attribute? Yeah, that's what requires a VPN everytime you want to play.

Oh thanks. However it turns out to be sort of a non-issue now because I can't even purchase it from Gamestop with a non-US payment source. Maybe I can find someone to buy it for me.

Oh thanks. However it turns out to be sort of a non-issue now because I can't even purchase it from Gamestop with a non-US payment source. Maybe I can find someone to buy it for me.

I'm sure there are GAFers out there with a heart of gold who would help you with this.

If I wasn't headed out the door in a minute, I would do it.
If it's later on and you still need a hand, send me a message on Steam or something.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Last Remnant -- MB-191082BBC6E5C73C - Taken by Man Puncher. 15 entrants total.

t1417026343z1.png

I'm only hoping for some cheap DLC for Dishonored and Sleepy Dawgs, price mistakes notwithstanding. Maaybe The Witcher 2 if it finally goes under 80% off...

If getting Witcher 2 specifically on Steam isn't too important to you, I can give you my extra GOG Witcher 2 key if you want it, just let me know via PM.

Dr Dogg

So just got an email from Zavvi with the subject saying 'New Strategy stuff coming soon...' Thinking this might have a deal on TW Attilia or something I checked out the body text...
Yeah, that's not quite right Zavvi. I don't know if they're trying to tell me something like buy a PS4 or that 'The Crew is a Strategy title, honest' .

I can understand that, but do you really need 2 versions of the same game? Are you going to replay the PS3 versions when you have the option of playing them on PC with higher res and fps? If not, why keep them?

You're right, I don't need them and I'll probably never play those versions (for those where I do get the superior PC versions). But if I don't need the money, I still like being able to look at the boxes on a shelf. I guess I'm old fashioned that way.

NotSelf

ModBot said:
Instructions for NotSelf:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NotSelf, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

PAYDAY 2 - Lycanwulf and The One Below Masks #2 -- MB-A5BA4B9B002B294D
PAYDAY 2 - Lycanwulf and The One Below Masks -- MB-07B3F56DEAE69B3C - Taken by Pudge
Dungeon of Elements -- MB-D8CBC52A47D7398E - Taken by Baha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom