• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

It is a really nice mix of virtually a ton of 2D platformers, but it is in no way a Metroidvania. You should just try it out. It really is one of the best games out this year.

Unfortunately, it's not my kind of a game at all, seeing as I have no desire to play it and usually I want to play anything that looks half fun or bizarre or mix of genres.
Then again I didn't liked Rogue Legacy too, and almost everybody likes it too, just my luck (><)

Dr Dogg

it isn't? I haven't played it, but from what I've seen I thought it is.

Silly Arthea shovel Knight harks back to the times of early MegaMan and Castlevania before it adopted the pathfinding approach (ala Metroidvania). Asides from looking great the music is awesome!

I love Metroidvanias but it's been donkey's years since I've played one I've liked.

I hope Konami see this and it inspires the to pull their finger out and knock up a IGA Castlevania collection. Being spread around the systems their on is a shame and I'm sure the newer console folks, Vita and 3DS folks as well as the Steamers would relish having them all in one place. Yeah not going to happen is it.

Arthea

8 more hours until Alan Wake!

I think Alan Wake is already here
on gmg

Talking about gmg, what happened to them, the store front page is almost empty!

Silly Arthea shovel Knight harks back to the times of early MegaMan and Castlevania before it adopted the pathfinding approach (ala Metroidvania). Asides from looking great the music is awesome!
nope, still don't want to play it!
I'd better go play Letter Quest (><)
dunno what's about that game, music is horrid and gameplay is hella repetitive, but damn if it isn't addictive

Dr Dogg

nope, still don't want to play it!
dunno what's about that game, music is horrid and gameplay is hella repetitive, but damn if it isn't addictive

For a lot of people it's nostalgia back to the NES days. I mean here's a write up about what they were going for (and kind of cheated in some regards) with being authentic to NES design.

Word. Can remember Cyan installing Steam for the first time just to play the game after hearing good things from other mods.

I will be shocked, shocked if Shovel Knight doesn't feature high up on the SteamGAF GOTY's.

wtf, so I was looking at a game in my inventory (Shadow Warrior) in the client and I clicked the View in Store button and it opened it up in my browser instead of the client. I thought that was weird. Then the page timed out and I looked at the URL and it is http://store.origin.steampowered.com/app/233130/
wat
Edit: Looks like it does it for all games in my inventory.
The same thing happened to me and I posted at page 2/3 of this thread. Supposedly it is some database error or something like that.
No, you didn't discover EA bringing Origin on Steam by accident....
that's what I thought ;_;
-
It was supposed to be a bear, but somehow the eyes got lost..
You really have a thing for domo-kun, don't you? ;)
-
Just thought I'd do a giveaway for the community before the big Winter Sale rush of leechers come in. Hope someone puts this to good use.
That's super nice of you! If I win I'll spend everything on gifts! Promise!
Jokes on you, I already do that anyway :)
-
Am I the only one not buying anything during the sale? xD
The secret to happiness and a fulfilled life is not buying for yourself but for others ~freshVeggie
-
The Autumn Sale won't really register on my radar aside from Early Access titles with incentives and software that's liable to be superseded, but I'm hoping I'll have enough moolah to hit 4k by the enter of the Winter Sale.
What does it take for you to stop going higher and higher?
When will the greed for the elusive +1 will find an end?
When will this madness halt?
;)
-
Wow, this looks really nice. Are you enjoying yourself or do you play only for the chievos?
-
Oh no! Why did you post this? I lost so many hours already on those videos ;_;
-
Those drugs sound delicious.
Mail some to me.
If it's 15€, you gonna get him a copy. Deal?

L.O.R.D

i heard someone want alan wake,,so i hope only who need it to enter
ModBot said:
Instructions for L.O.R.D:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (L.O.R.D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Alan Wake's American Nightmare -- MB-A53AB5992E2946C9
t1cxE6r.gif
Alan Wake Collector's Edition -- MB-53EB463AEE25E4F5 - Taken by Maniac. 4 entrants total.

t1417009662z1.png

Knurek

Is it really?
Pity, puzzle games need good music, or rather, music that doesn't annoy even after few hours...

Dr Dogg

Is it really?
Pity, puzzle games need good music, or rather, music that doesn't annoy even after few hours...

I've found most puzzle based games are perfect to have something on in the background. Radio, podcast, whatever your poison may be. That and Diablo. That's the perfect game for me just to switch my brain off, still make progress, catch up on current events and have some sort of enjoyment from both.

Dr Dogg

isn't the autumn sale just a glorified weekend sale like the halloween sale? the winter sale is where shit goes bananas, no?

Same scope as the Winter Seal as in most of the storefront is on sale but mainly just less days in length. Sometimes there's a few deals that are discounted on the Winter Seal that weren't on Autumn one but not very often. Though there probably won't be anything that passes as a metagame for this sale.

Arthea

For a lot of people it's nostalgia back to the NES days. I mean here's a write up about what they were going for (and kind of cheated in some regards) with being authentic to NES design.

I will be shocked, shocked if Shovel Knight doesn't feature high up on the SteamGAF GOTY's.

I'm probably just not a nostalgic person, I feel nostalgia for certain games, like Tetris boss is coming edition or 3D Tetris, Dune or Pac-man, but that's about it.
OTOH, my golden age of gaming were PS1-PS2 eras (in PC timeline too), not when I started playing games, what was at the very beginning of videogaming. More than half of my GOATAN list is from that era. I was imagining it was happening like this:
any dev: let's make a game for Arthea
other devs: hell yeah, let's!
all the time
It really felt like this! (><)
and it's kinda sad that it won't be repeated, no golden age can be repeated, other people need their golden era too, I understand that.

Is it really?

ya, music is surprisingly annoying, I have a game almost on mute now with something in background, I wouldn't say that ambient sounds of everyday genius were any better, tho (><)

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So If Metal Gear Rising is 7.50 USD I should buy it and shouldn't wait for Santa. Yes?

If you want it now, yes. It'll probably end up at the same price in the Winter sale as the Autumn sale, so if you're the sort of person that wants to collect the cards etc and take place in the games that might come along with the Winter sale then wait for that.

Copons

So If Metal Gear Rising is 7.50 USD I should buy it and shouldn't wait for Santa. Yes?

No, it doesn't work like this...

IS IT A FEATURED DEAL (daily/flash/community/whatevs)? YOU ARE SAFE TO BUY.

IS IT A NORMAL DEAL? THEN THERE IS A CHANCE IN WINTER WILL BE A FEATURED.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at the other threads in Gaming Community, why is the AusGAF thread stickied?

I also questioned that around the time we were moved but was admonished because it was clearly an oversight and not preferential treatment. Considering all the time that has transpired since then we should expect the oversight to be corrected any day now.

lol.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I also questioned that around the time we were moved but was admonished because it was clearly an oversight and not preferential treatment. Considering all the time that has transpired since then we should expect the oversight to be corrected any day now.

It's no oversight - on the first page of the thread there's this exchange:
big ups for the quickie sticky mods

I never miss a sticky.

I just don't see why it's happened. Do I ask EatChildren why or will I face scorn for doing so?

dani_dc

I was thinking that's crazy expensive for a remake. Then I remembered I paid $47 for a Pokemon remake a few days ago. No regrets here.

I still think it's too expensive for a Resident Evil :p

Different situations, Pokemon is a full remake of a 2002 game.

REmake is a port (of a remake) from a 2002 game.

So yes, too expensive.

I don't post much, but I had an idea for the steam community on Neogaf. I know that many of us have more games than we know what to do with...(hoping to break through the 750 mark by the end of the Winter sale!)

To cut to the chase, I wondered if there has ever been a Neogaf Steam Secret Santa? I know there is a Secret Santa in general for Neogaf, but I was thinking more a digital or Steam only Secret Santa, without there having to be anything mailed or worrying about shipping time. I know with wish lists and even the Autumn sale coming up tomorrow it would be a good idea to at least suggest this being doable,and the sale starting would give a good general idea of what prices will be even for the Winter Sale, I thought a small scale secret santa would be a fun idea, and not just everyone using the mystery game giveaway with modbot to give Bad Rats back and forth.

Basically a thread is made, people sign up, a deadline is given to sign up of course as well so it doesn't go insanely out of control, maybe by the end of the Autumn Sale, and after people could look through wishlists and by the very last day of the Winter Sale give their gifts to one another. That way they could maximize sale prices, and even well bypass the 30 day trade restriction if they bought something during the Autumn Sale.

I know that Modbot is still going to be going strong, and maybe this idea is a silly one or even it is something that is already done, I don't know. I just was feeling festive and thought it would be something interesting to suggest.

Arthea

http://i5.minus.com/in97FH08IuNdI.png[/IMG[/QUOTE]

If a scheme doesn't include wait for a bundle, it is all wrong.
[SPOILER]ya, I'm totally referring to a certain steamgafer, who is bitter about games he bought being in a bundle years later (><)[/SPOILER]

also, very much sales related

[QUOTE][IMG]http://i.minus.com/iwNuRPjz5KDy4.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
If a scheme doesn't include wait for a bundle, it is all wrong.
ya, I'm totally referring to a certain steamgafer, who is bitter about games he bought being in a bundle years later (><)

also, very much sales related

"Then only $5 for it"

Dr Dogg

Good thing about the sale thread I suppose is that you could probably dump any remaining copies of Insurgency there and they'd be snapped up.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 15 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

tSosaRZ.png

Total War: Rome 2 (DLC) -- MB-DF6D9D410EFFBCB3
PGP3OVL.png
Atlantis The Lost Tales (GOG) -- MB-904844D98EB36866 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
Arena Cyber Evolution DLC -- MB-E85FF753E9CA3BC9
Superfrog HD (STEAM) -- MB-C7BC888DDFCFF703 - Taken by Kiru
Secret Mystery Game (STEAM) -- MB-28C3169D8BE23DA2 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
One Day For Ched (STEAM) -- MB-5FACDA65A9151F94 - Taken by WinterDemons
Sang Froid Tale of Werewolves -- MB-9D79588AE17AC0D1 - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.
Red Johnson's Chronicle One Against All (STEAM) -- MB-9D79588AE17AC0D1 - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.
Puzzle Kingdoms (STEAM) -- MB-E528C3A9F2D09130 - Taken by Jadax. 1 entrants total.
Dead Hungry Diner (STEAM) -- MB-980B6577097ACD0E
Worms Pinball (STEAM) -- MB-BDF878028D511DA2 - Taken by electroflame
Worms Blast (STEAM) -- MB-3ED02B60B212291F - Taken by electroflame
Worms Crazy Golf (STEAM) -- MB-771769C41E5419DA - Taken by electroflame
Depth Hunter 2 Deep Dive (STEAM) -- MB-9578064B64383B09
Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy (STEAM) -- MB-37BBFD6394A7233A - Taken by ArynCrinn. 3 entrants total.
Rush for Glory (STEAM) -- MB-2C7C0239AD479480 - Taken by 28 Posts Later. 1 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Red Johnson's Chronicle One Against All (STEAM) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dead Hungry Diner (STEAM) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1417003422z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom