• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alavard

The problem is I played it years ago and I don't remember shit, so I'd probably have to watch all cutscenes again.

I just started replaying it on Steam, having played it on console years ago and the cutscenes are painful. I've forgotten a lot of little details, and man, watching the characters talk without saying anything meaningful is torture, even moreso when you kind of remember where things go plot-wise.. At this rate I may start skipping cutscenes myself.

Turfster

MacGameStore has Beyond Earth 25% off, extra 5% off with macgames5off coupon (35.62$)

t1417024800z4.png

Alavard

Lol, well, if you are looking for a plot here, you won't find nothing :D
The plot is
you need to kill bad guys and "free" Serah, dunno why. Even characters don't know how to do it, so they randomly do things, hoping for the best.

My biggest WTF moment in the plot is when
the party reaches that moment in Gran Pulse when they finally decide they should just turn the fuck around and go back to Cocoon.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Here's a piece of advice:

iQUuqIEuipOTf.gif
Hah, a friend gifted me CoDAW for my birthday yesterday knowing full well the sale was starting today because I told him, and warned about this, so I fully expect more than a few people ignoring it completely XD

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ehm I have almost 800 cards... should sell them all and have a nice buff to my steamwallet for the sale.o_O

Have fun listing them all! It's a little less of a hassle now that Steam shows the current lowest price, though.

tjohn86

ModBot said:
Instructions for tjohn86:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (tjohn86, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

KickBeat Steam Edition -- MB-62D0A1CDD1B35BA8 - Taken by billmcdougal. 4 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy -- MB-5CD1D3C0E529A774 - Taken by Majukun. 1 entrants total.
Insurgency -- MB-55FC1EA22EE2262B

t1417020883z1.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for tjohn86:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (tjohn86, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 -- MB-A5F7E154BB939C2B - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total.

t1417021063z1.png

Enjoy guys!

Ehm I have almost 800 cards... should sell them all and have a nice buff to my steamwallet for the sale.o_O
Do you want to 800 e-mails notifying you that you sold an item on the marketplace?

Also if there is ever any more badge crafting for more sale cards kind of thing going on then card demand does climb and prices do increase ever so slightly and on 800 cards that effect might be noticeable.

Of course that was before buy orders were a thing...

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Spiegel, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spiegel, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dreamcast Collection -- MB-0FEA002A8E8A7D45 - Taken by Zeeman. 17 entrants total.

t1417023762z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Interesting and good that downloads don't seem to have slowed even after all the recent Steam changes that tried to integrate some of what you have done (such as showing games already in your library).

I think (and I hope) that people see a value in Enhanced Steam that goes beyond what it originally set out to do, which was highlight games you own on the store. In a way the site redesign kind of helped Enhanced Steam by adding a high level of legitimacy in a lot of user's eyes. It also helped spread the word because a lot of press articles would write about Steam's redesign and have a footnote or sentence thrown in like "This is a great and much needed change to the Steam store front that was previously only available using third-party addons like Enhanced Steam."

I imagine a lot of people heard about Enhanced Steam for the first time like this.

Haunted

Man, The Dream Machine Chapter 5 has the main character doing some really fucking morally questionable things (again), but damn if this isn't the prettiest chapter so far.

ss_a4ab057491afb3c7d37024907da1a0c6c6ec90a7.jpg

The craftsmanship is astonishing.

Monooboe

Have fun listing them all! It's a little less of a hassle now that Steam shows the current lowest price, though.

Haha yeah, the sale would be over before I've sold half of them. So I rather lvl up my steam with them as that's what I've been saving up for, though will do that under the winter sale, as they probably have some benefit to leveling up then.

JaseC

Man, The Dream Machine has the main character doing some really fucking morally questionable shit (again), but damn if this isn't the prettiest chapter so far.

The craftsmanship is astonishing.

That looks amazing. I really should get back to the game one of these days. I don't think I've actually played the Steam version at all yet.

JustLynx

Haha yeah, the sale would be over before I've sold half of them. So I rather lvl up my steam with them as that's what I've been saving up for, though will do that under the winter sale, as they probably have some benefit to leveling up then.

Use http://www.steamtradematcher.com/
and wait for Winter sale for the crafting, each badge gives you a sale card which usually worth more than a regular maybe even foil cards...

zychi

Banned
Didn't realize you guys all moved to community :( thought something happened and the thread was nuked.

At least I found ya before the sale :)

JaseC

Dream Machine is one of the best game I played. I hope there will be a discount for chapter 5 soon, even the plot is really entertaining, it'w worth every cent even with a full price purchase.

Yeah, I bought the Flash version back in April 2011 and played through the first two chapters. The devs stopped handing out Steam keys for existing owners last year since doing so "took too long [a] time to administer", but I don't mind.

I think (and I hope) that people see a value in Enhanced Steam that goes beyond what it originally set out to do, which was highlight games you own on the store. In a way the site redesign kind of helped Enhanced Steam by adding a high level of legitimacy in a lot of user's eyes. It also helped spread the word because a lot of press articles would write about Steam's redesign and have a footnote or sentence thrown in like "This is a great and much needed change to the Steam store front that was previously only available using third-party addons like Enhanced Steam."

I imagine a lot of people heard about Enhanced Steam for the first time like this.

You've done the community a huge solid, and I really hope that karma is excellent to you in your future endeavors.

GaussTek

Completed FFXIII.
In the end, I think this is a 7/10. Not bad, but for me is the worst FF ever. I very liked the combat system, but there's simply too much backtracking, even on Gran Pulse. There's no exploration at all, because the whole game is a corridor. No cities to visit, no NPCs, no mini-game like Triple Triad, nothing at all.
There's only combat, and combat, and combat again.

Also, I think the plot is too...convoluted and bad narrated. There's a GREAT potential here, but is wasted by dumb dialogue. You can't do a game and explain NOTHING about the world, its rules, it's mythology etc.
Yes, there's a lot of stuff in the archive, but...it's in the archive. The game can't ask the player to read all that stuff to understand what is going on.

The game nees to give you main plot lines, and then if YOU WANT know more informations about the world etc, then you can read notes and archives.

Also, I didn't understand AT ALL the ending. Really, I need to look some plot explanations because I didn't understand nothing at all on what happened :l

I agree with your review. Although I must say that on my second playthrough (I'm about to reach Gran Pulse), I'm understaing a lot better the story (but yeah, I'm also checking out sometimes the archives), and I must say it's fine, not among the best FF games, but not bad.

Now, and IMHO, FFXIII is one of the FF games that didn't need a sequel, story-wise. Like I've said before, the story in FFXIII-2 seemed way to much forced to me, but yeah, the game improved over the first game in a lot of aspects, so it's still worth playing.

Turfster

Didn't realize you guys all moved to community :( thought something happened and the thread was nuked.

We didn't move, we got moved because of a stupid mod decision (yes, I'm going to keep calling it a stupid decision) that had nothing to do with the actual content of the thread.

Twitter

What could possibly go wrong?
... God this is stupid.
This is like a preorder, with a price increase every time they uncover more games, isn't it?

I played through a beat FFXIII on the ps3 years ago. Definitely not the best, but I really can't find it to be worse than FFVIII. Scaling enemies can fuck off.

Reposting.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a first come first serve.

Monaco -- MB-80661201A1DA52B1 - Taken by iosefe

t1417007082z1.png

Nobody wants this? Look at dem reviews:

"One of the best co-op games of all time."
PC Gamer Magazine

9.5 out of 10 - "A hallmark of excellence"
Destructoid

10 out of 10 - "It's original, beautifully designed, good looking, well written, challenging, highly playable and deeply immersive. Everything a great game should be."
GameReactor UK

9 out of 10 - "One of the most unique and addicting games of 2013"
IGN

9 out of 10 - "Monaco is a class act and it knows it."
Eurogamer

9.5 out of 10 - "A strong contender for Game of the Year."
GameFront

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You've done the community a huge solid, and I really hope that karma is excellent to you in your future endeavors.

Thanks man!
keep an eye on sexy-bots.com

Alavard

I agree with your review. Although I must say that on my second playthrough (I'm about to reach Gran Pulse), I'm understaing a lot better the story (but yeah, I'm also checking out sometimes the archives), and I must say it's fine, not among the best FF games, but not bad.

Now, and IMHO, FFXIII is one of the FF games that didn't need a sequel, story-wise. Like I've said before, the story in FFXIII-2 seemed way to much forced to me, but yeah, the game improved over the first game in a lot of aspects, so it's still worth playing.

You know, now that I think about it, many of the main story concepts of FFXIII-2 may have worked much better as a brand new game with no connection to FFXIII.

I played through a beat FFXIII on the ps3 years ago. Definitely not the best, but I really can't find it to be worse than FFVIII. Scaling enemies can fuck off.

Really? The scaling isn't bad at all.
Besides, you get Encounter-none less than two hours into the game.

That's not to mention the 1,001 ways to break enemies.

abracadaver

damn. bought the sega bundle because I wanted sonic and friends racing but its sonic racing transformed instead. should take a closer look next time

Zeknurn

I'd care more for the sale if it wasn't the for the fact that Valve has completely restricted gifting to the point that it's unusable and I'm not going back to paying twice the price for everything.

redlacs

indiegala link

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:

Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren`s Call -- MB-83D3446A5DD398F2 - Taken by Benedict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom