• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickyson1

well....surely this upcoming 3 weeks of sales won't be as expensive for me as the summer one was where I was basically building up a steam library from nothing

right? right?

*breaks down crying*

How is Mafia 2? I remember playing if for a little bit on PS3. It was decent. Otherwise I can't remember anything else.

Pretty cool, not much to do outside of story missions apart from collecting playboy magazines. The world is beautifully modeled it just seems a waste that there is not much else to do.

JustinBB7

I started Hearthstone a week or 2 ago, and you have to download the Battle.Net client to use it of course. Man it's so bare bone. It works but it feels so.. empty, compared to steam.

Also they sell Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne for 15 euros each lmao.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The specific migration start and end dates will be available soon; however the migration period will begin sometime in November 2014 with more specific dates to come.

Well, gotta be this week since it's the only week left for Namco-Scamdie to release the Steamworks port in line with that original news post for Dark Souls.

(Who am I kidding? We won't ever see that this week)

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (D3RANG3D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Commando Jack -- MB-D26A289C3F07CC54 - Taken by Haunted

Anteater

How is Mafia 2? I remember playing if for a little bit on PS3. It was decent. Otherwise I can't remember anything else.

It's decent, but play it like a narrative driven game since the open world is really just a stage it takes place in with nothing really to do, and expect lots of driving. Overall I thought it was nice and I enjoyed the story, there are some seasonal changes and I really like the details and the era it was set in.

derExperte

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Kingdom Rush -- MB-158F0864B4E6CF8A - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

t1416752285z1.png

Volimar

I was pretty disappointed with the story, and the ending is somewhat abrupt, but if you enjoy GTA open world stuff, then it'll probably sit okay with you.

Smash88

Banned
Your assumption is correct. But I sure will miss 60fps :(

They can take all the time in the world for all I care! (i.e. as long as GFWL is up)

Wait DSFix won't work for the new patch? I doubt removal of GFWL would affect how the injection of it works, it's not like they are changing actual game code, just the DRM shell that surrounds it.

Grief.exe

Corrosivefrost thought he could quietly hide his shame in the previous thread before it is closed. Not so fast!

There's absolutely nothing that FFXIII does better than VC. VC obviously has vastly superior gameplay, more intricate systems, and a more unique art style. It has a better story, more likeable characters, and more replay value. Its port is also much better.

Now, I see that you put a "for me" in there, but this is one of those rare cases where an opinion is objeectively wrong :p

Corrosive is known for his unique and extremely polarizing opinions. His shame is eternal.

Asgaro

Like you say: decent. Nothing groundbreaking.

I'm a sucker for games in that era though... Mafia 2 and LA Noire I both loved to death primarily because of the setting!
I wish more games could venture in that era...

Some screens I've laying around:

Catshade

Since a few weeks I have literally completely stopped buying games exactly because of this reason.
I will now first complete my backlog before buying games again, except if they arrive in a bundle.

From my experience, this exception doesn't really help me shaving off my backlog, especially since I'm buying every major bundle (Humble, Indie Royale, Indie Gala, Groupees, Bundle Stars) under the sun. Maybe if you're really selective with your bundle purchases, maybe...

Asgaro

From my experience, this exception doesn't really help me shaving off my backlog, especially since I'm buying every major bundle (Humble, Indie Royale, Indie Gala, Groupees, Bundle Stars) under the sun. Maybe if you're really selective with your bundle purchases, maybe...

Yeah, I'm still selective regarding bundles, so it should work. :)
I only buy a bundle when a wishlisted game is in there. (My wish list is well managed so I never impulse buy.)
The rest of the games in the bundle I don't add to my Steam account but instead give away here on Neogaf.

(And sometimes, I buy a bundle or cheap standalone game for giving away here.)

Like you say: decent. Nothing groundbreaking.

I'm a sucker for games in that era though... Mafia 2 and LA Noire I both loved to death primarily because of the setting!
I wish more games could venture in that era...

Some screens I've laying around:

I remember really liking the Godfather game that was made, the GTA clone.

Must be redeemed by the 25th

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (grindamasta, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Risk of Rain -- MB-CB0BBB260B78C11D
Teleglitch -- MB-C551F3EF368349F8

t1416753305z1.png

Wait DSFix won't work for the new patch? I doubt removal of GFWL would affect how the injection of it works, it's not like they are changing actual game code, just the DRM shell that surrounds it.
Nah, it's not guaranteed, but it's likely it'll break something. If it breaks 60fps it'll probably stay that way since Durante didn't make the 60fps-tweak. It's not even guaranteed Durante will fix any issues with the new patch.

Strider

Far Cry 4 is really freaking fun. I don't enjoy Kyrat as much as the island in FC3 but overall this game is an improvement. Played 9 hours and only 34% through the main story.

Momentary

Banned
Just incase anyone's looking for something to write about, here's some of the notable PC releases next month that aren't already claimed.

FFXIII-2
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
The Crew
Dead State
Elite: Dangerous
The Talos Principle
Halo:
Spartan Strike

I'll take BBCSE.

AHA-Lambda

Well I've just bought a new pc, still to get a monitor though, and have my backlog; I really don't think I'll be buying much this sale :(

Well I've just bought a new pc, still to get a monitor though, and have my backlog; I really don't think I'll be buying much this sale :(

I'm also looking for a new monitor too, and browsing the PC Gaming threads from the OP I saw the thread about 21:9 monitors.... MUST... RESIST. Love the cinematic look, but in reality, probably too strenuous for the wallet. Hope there are some good deals during Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

Parsnip

I'm surprised that the previous thread title stayed the same through its life, and feel extra super duper proud to have picked it.

You haven't truly arrived until a Steam thread gets a name you suggested.

D3RANG3D

Just incase anyone's looking for something to write about, here's some of the notable PC releases next month that aren't already claimed.

FFXIII-2
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
The Crew
Dead State
Elite: Dangerous
The Talos Principle
Halo:
Spartan Strike

I'll take 13-2 off your hands :3

_machine

I personally found Mafia II to be one of my favorite games of the generation and one of the few games that I've bothered to finish twice. It's a flawed game no doubt, but something about that atmosphere, story and mechanics simply grab me in to the world. It's repetitive, especially with the DLC, but still all the core mechanics like driving and shooting feel fantastic and the game is paced really superbly. It doesn't offer much in terms of content with the open world, but then again it doesn't need to. It's a linear game with a great story and the open world just adds immersion to the game.

This killing/combat in This War of Mine is brutal. The actual mechanics are kind of clunky, but it just looks and feels brutal. Stealth killing with a knife isn't some fancy Splinter Cell throat slit; you take the guy down and just stab him a few times.

Very tense as well. Was clearing out the church of bandits, took two nights. The first to see how many people were there and get some glimpses inside when one would go in after patrolling. Second night, I got in, fumbled a stealth kill and sent a guy plummeting two stories off a ledge with a shotgun blast. Stabbed the guy that ran upstairs to investigate, and take his partner down with a few shotgun rounds.

You're killing me with these. I want to wait for a good sale, but I know this game will be my style. I love emotionally tense moments, whether subtly provided or not so.

I went on spending spree this month for no reason that I can see, thus I'll try to skip Autumn sale and fast forward to Winter one. Let's see how that will work.
On the bright side of things, I don't need to buy anything, as in "not gonna to play this year", but we all know that this kind of logic hides under the table, when sale hits (><)

edited: almost forgot! nice thread, btw

Yea this is me too. Ended up buying a couple of new games I had no intention of getting and some other random stuff and suddenly my credit card bill is the script of a horror movie :(

Going to try and buy only price mistakes or special discounts in both upcoming sales.

And it's probably not going to work

derExperte

Listening to Polygon's Quality Control Podcast and the reviewer said he literally teared up at the thought of having to finish Escape Dead Island. Wow and lol. Can't wait for the inevitable free weekend.

ArjanN

Listening to Polygon's Quality Control Podcast and the reviewer said he literally teared up at the thought of having to finish Escape Dead Island. Wow and lol. Can't wait for the inevitable free weekend.

From that I've seen it just seemed bland mostly, not really broken or terrible in an interesting way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom