• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
EDIT: Wow, I actually did find it faster than I thought. It's http://www.gamegavel.com/
Maybe you'll have more luck there as it is games focused. Should be enough visibility. If your games are in mint condition, it should be even better.

Ta, might as well give it a shot. I did sell one copy on G2A but I was then blocked from selling until submission of proof of purchase, which I can't provide since I bought the copies through traders. I also tried setting up a "shop" on Kinguin, however my request was completely ignored.

It was there in DA2, in one of the free DLCs. You could go to a mirror and change appearance. I don't know why they didn't bring it back.

Actually, I don't know why something like this isn't in every game with a customizable character. It could have saved me hours of restarting ME1 for example :p

Never forget

tumblr_m769tyWmBh1qfxeya.gif

jblank83

No one knows.

We have been following it in this thread.

The long and short of it, there's a hybrid build in there now that could be the migration build (description: g4wl + patch), so you could maybe assume that you would need to login to g4wl and select your saves to be migrated from the in-game menu.
The most recent change was that the steamdbuild debug branch shrunk down to the size of the actual game, possibly signaling something, maybe debug is (close to being) done? Draw your own conclusions. :p
There was also a stat schema change not too long ago with stuff like "stats/importedGfWL/displayName:" in there. Could have something to do with importing pvp leaderboards.

But no official update yet on whether the November timetable is holding.

It might happen next week with all those changes in the steam data base.

Thank you. Really looking forward to some Dark Souls w/o GFWL.

komorebi

Time traveling can be a very good or very bad thing. But please, don't say me that, I really hope to have fun with FFXIII-2.
EDIT:Shit, I watched the New Adventure trailer for FFXIII-2, the first thing the video does is spoilering FFXIII ending :l

FFXIII-2 is much better than XIII in my opinion. The gameplay and music are fantastic and its nice to be able to explore big areas and return to them in alternate/past/future timelines. Collecting monsters for party members is fun as hell. The story and characters are forgettable but its a much more enjoyable game overall. When I first played it on 360 I also hadn't finished the first game and had the ending spoiled for me. My reaction was "meh, whatever", much like the rest of XIII.

Lomax

I wasn't paying much attention to the autumn sale in previous years - are the deals usually good, or would I be better off waiting for the winter sale in most cases?

The deals are identical, the prices publishers choose apply to both. However a much larger number of games get dailies during the winter sale obviously. If you see a daily during the fall sale it isn't likely to be cheaper during the winter sale but there's always the chance of a price mistake or something similar. So basically it's a wash, there's no harm in waiting, but there's probably no harm in buying stuff during the fall sale assuming it's a daily or something in the catalog that obviously won't get a daily.

JustLynx

Some Origin keys are language locked, iirc.

yeah, they're missing languages, that I know, but you can activate it and just install the language you want, I think...

well, I hope it'll be back and not locked, cause I'm regretting now that I didn't buy it :(
I thought I'll be in FC4 non-stop but the game isn't even launching for me and Ubisoft ain't fixing it... a week after release and I still can't play the game... Ubisoft........

Parsnip

Not sure if this has been discussed but will Dsfix get borked with this update?

It will very likely break 60 FPS.
On the other hand, only a major reworking of the renderer should break my graphics enhancements / resolution support.

But yeah, the real issue with the 60 FPS fix is that (1) I didn't make it, and I also don't have all the data originally used to make it and (2) due to it's nature it's almost certainly very hard to "port" to a new version of the game.

There you go.

yuraya

Wait, FFXIII has only 13 chapters? Really?
I'm on chapter 9, so I almost completed the game? :\

Chapters 1-10 are basically the tutorial. 11-13 are the base game. As crazy as it sounds lol

I spent like 25 hours in tutorial and like 50 hours in ch11-13. Finished the game in 75 hours and still only had like 24/35 achievements. So yea the game slows down a lot in the last 3 chapters. Especially if you do missions + hunt achievements. You can easily spend like 100 hours in the last 3 chapters. Some of the achievements are ridiculous tho.

Ridding the game of GFWL in time for the Autumn Sale would definitely be ideal.

Yep. It would be a very good selling point for during the sale. Not that the game needs a selling point :p It will probably get a $3.74 deal either this sale or winter.

Anteater

what's with all those "i don't care about half of the nintendo games, i didn't buy the system for series i don't care about" threads, is this a new trend now with thread making

and man nfs hot pursuit is long

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Watching Drew on Giantbomb makes me wish PC had Metal Gear remasters.

Turfster

what's with all those "i don't care about half of the nintendo games, i didn't buy the system for series i don't care about" threads, is this a new trend now with thread making

The true face of gaming and the reason we got sent to community.

Indiegamestand has An Imp? A Fiend! for 1$ (greenlight)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Almost missed the Super Time Force Ultra sale because I was away but managed to buy it with 3 hours to go. Played the tutorial and the 198X section, what a damn fun game. Love the time manipulation gameplay, it's like sanctioned "cheating", haha.

Good thing I get paid this tuesday. I'm ready for the sale.

I've been playing Grid 2 lately is the game is great IMO. I really like Codemasters games on PC (that 60 FPS experience). Hope they end up removing GFWL from Dirt 3, I'm almost sure they said something about it at some point.

Almost missed the Super Time Force Ultra sale because I was away but managed to buy it with 3 hours to go. Played the tutorial and the 198X section, what a damn fun game. Love the time manipulation gameplay, it's like sanctioned "cheating", haha.

It's an awesome game! I loved it enough to complete most of it :) Just need to collect all the gorbs and complete all the HellaDeck levels. I like the time mechanic ... and also the ability to use different characters to get through the levels.

Milamber

Autumn Sale is a trap to lure you into spending your Winter sale money early and you have no choice but to spend more come Winter.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Watching Drew on Giantbomb makes me wish PC had Metal Gear remasters.

Having remastered and/or updated versions of MG1&2 and MGS 1-3 on Steam would be great. And a Ghost Babel remake would be nice as well.

4, POps, PW are optional and do not need to receive PC versions.

I started playing Valkyria Chronicles (after beating Child Of Light) today and I am enjoying the combat parts. Still, as someone who doesn't actively follow anime things, some of the tropes are still pretty hard to get over with.

Surely it's way more mature than saying two cat moe 12 year olds abusing each other with tentacles, it's still a quite a (I'd like to say charming but) confusing mix of "Do I look uguu~~ in this uniform ^_^" and "nazi commies are attacking from east and west, let's kill them with pure firepower".

Maybe I am close minded or something, I did watch Akira and other regular stuff in the 90's though >_>

Turfster

Having remastered and/or updated versions of MG1&2 and MGS 1-3 on Steam would be great. And a Ghost Babel remake would be nice as well.

Eh, if they're bringing GZ/5 to PC, 3 and PW are directly connected to those.

PW is crucial to GZ/TPP's story though, wouldn't make sense to leave it out, don't really see what makes you consider it optional when the MGS games we're about to get on Steam are a direct sequel to it.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hi,

This is a clever FPS that you might enjoy from former Monolith Devs. The key should be unused. But if there is any problems, please let me know.

ModBot said:
Instructions for everyone:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Casimir, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Betrayer -- MB-FAA6EACCD198404E - Taken by Oldschoolgamer. 5 entrants total.

t1416765605z1.png

Hmmm, I still haven't gotten a third email with the key yet... I should check to see if the charge reversed.

Edit: charge still pending. :
I'm very surprised you don't have it by now. I only ever got two emails, btw.

Is it region locked now or has it been removed from the store?

Still works for me, they just removed it from the store. The game is in english and still prompted me to download the english V.O. pack from origin. Lol

What perfect timing for thanksgiving break! This is the only time I play videogames during the semester and this just wrecked any plans I had, gaming wise.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Like you say: decent. Nothing groundbreaking.

I'm a sucker for games in that era though... Mafia 2 and LA Noire I both loved to death primarily because of the setting!
I wish more games could venture in that era...

Some screens I've laying around:

mafia225e75.png

I quite enjoyed the experience ^_^. I hope that 2k treats the next entry into the franchise with respect.

----

I'm glad that the uplay DA:I deal is working out for most people. I hope everyone who is still waiting gets their issues resolved.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Tell me about it.
Also, after Vinny left to GBeast, Drew is the new star of GBwest.

That's how it works.
When Vinny was there he kept Drew locked up in the control room, just like Drew now keeps Jason in the shadows. It's a never ending circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom