• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp1990

Banned
dSMymXx.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/535520

Thanks to Lash!
these graphics are making me want to punch puppies

What do I play with my 1070? 1440p and 60fps in AAA games is incredible.
I'm getting a 1070 in November and I don't even know what I'll play when it arrives, my library is mostly composed of indies and old shit lmao.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 8.9. This release includes the following new features and bug fixes:
  • Added sorting options to the "my sell listing" section of the market home page
  • Updated visual layout of badge page sorting, filtering, and viewing options
  • Fixed a bug where agegate pages would throw an error rather than correctly entering a date
  • Fixed an issue with surprise logos not displaying correctly
  • Fixed a bug with recommendations highlights on storefront
  • Fixed a bug where invalid dynamic store data would be cached incorrectly
  • Fixed a bug that caused items with quotes in their names to not show correct buttons in inventory
  • Fixed a bug that displayed an incorrect wishlist total if some items were not yet available
  • Fixed a bug where some home page elements weren't highlighted correctly
This update is available for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Chrome users should see the extension update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes. Firefox users will update on their browser's regular update schedule, or by selecting "Check for updates" on their addons screen.

Note for Firefox users - some features of Enhanced Steam are not yet working with versions of Firefox less than version 50. For example, custom profile backgrounds and Early Access banners aren't working from steamcommunity.com pages. Most of these features are re-enabled by using Firefox 50 or above, or will be re-enabled at a future date.

A new test build for Microsoft Edge will be coming in the next few days.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

Zeknurn

Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 8.9. This release includes the following new features and bug fixes:
  • Added sorting options to the "my sell listing" section of the market home page
  • Updated visual layout of badge page sorting, filtering, and viewing options
  • Fixed a bug where agegate pages would throw an error rather than correctly entering a date
  • Fixed an issue with surprise logos not displaying correctly
  • Fixed a bug with recommendations highlights on storefront
  • Fixed a bug where invalid dynamic store data would be cached incorrectly
  • Fixed a bug that caused items with quotes in their names to not show correct buttons in inventory
  • Fixed a bug that displayed an incorrect wishlist total if some items were not yet available
  • Fixed a bug where some home page elements weren't highlighted correctly
This update is available for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Chrome users should see the extension update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes. Firefox users will update on their browser's regular update schedule, or by selecting "Check for updates" on their addons screen.

Note for Firefox users - some features of Enhanced Steam are not yet working with versions of Firefox less than version 50. For example, custom profile backgrounds and Early Access banners aren't working from steamcommunity.com pages. Most of these features are re-enabled by using Firefox 50 or above, or will be re-enabled at a future date.

A new test build for Microsoft Edge will be coming in the next few days.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

Much appreciated. With Tampermonkey now being available for Edge, I've made the switch full time.

Fry-Im-Shocked-Futurama.gif

Edit: wait, sega? :/

Oh god knows, it's not like you can even back early or something :/
You just get to look at the page early, see the pledge tiers etc

Forgot to say though (and more importantly!), previous inXile backers get $5 off any pledge tier

Ahhh, they're trying to entice people to try FIG.

Then again, with a heavily investment-leaning FIG campaign, they're really hedging their bets both ways. (Psychonauts 2 is the only FIG campaign that earned more pledges than investments.)

yuraya

Battleborn will finally find its peace. Go gentle into that good night. What a rough journey it has been for that game.

Dr Dogg

So this just happened...

nyq7bqp.png

Yep, I now own more DLC than games. To be fair it's be on the cards for a while now. Guess I'm 'a big part of the problem'. Well that or I just have to delete the vast amount of bundle shite I'm got festering on my account to really skew the numbers in the favour of DLC.

Knurek

When is the true Final Fantasy XIII releasing on Steam?
7C7Wa3J.jpg

Downright baffling it's locked to a dying platform, considering it uses UE3.

rtcn63

I don't think I ever got past the first boss of Lost Odyssey. Tried to go back but couldn't remember how the battle system worked.

Levyne

Banned
I don't think I ever got past the first boss of Lost Odyssey. Tried to go back but couldn't remember how the battle system worked.

The first two bosses, for whatever reason, are the toughest in the game.

I'm not as high on the game as some people, but it was nice to play a competent AAA JRPG with mostly adult protagonists. Of course with the draw back that you have to babysit some kids as well...

rtcn63

The first two bosses, for whatever reason, are the toughest in the game.

I'm not as high on the game as some people, but it was nice to play a competent AAA JRPG with mostly adult protagonists. Of course with the draw back that you have to babysit some kids as well...

One of the early bosses of FFXII was tough too. Like a red bird or something. Thought I just sucked.

But yeah, the more games on Steam the better. I'd give LO another shot. I remember the four-disc game length being a big deal at the time.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Town of Salem -- MB-DC901B84666EB287 - Taken by Belgarion. 3 entrants total.
Robo's World The Zarnok Fortress -- MB-9EA7B38DA275F18C - Taken by Mikurden. 5 entrants total.
Contagion -- MB-EA719D85D6FCE7DA - Taken by Anustart. 1 entrants total.
Mu Cartographer -- MB-C39D2DC33DDAA66B - Taken by Popstar. 7 entrants total.
3089 Futuristic Action RPG -- MB-7D35460D8A7FCF93 - Taken by illusionary. 2 entrants total.
Sacra Terra Angelic Night -- MB-27AE07B458A282F5 - Taken by someguyinahat. 3 entrants total.
Hexoscope -- MB-625877C759BFF402 - Taken by bloke. 2 entrants total.
Insurgency -- MB-B73BC48EF4E538B8 - Taken by Nomadic Sparks. 1 entrants total.
Goblin Defenders Steeln Wood -- MB-595FA39E79C81A25 - Taken by ExoSoul. 3 entrants total.
3079 Block Action RPG -- MB-9DC6BBF6B662E758 - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
Prehistoric Tales -- MB-0769983D1A8B2EC4 - Taken by Purkake4. 5 entrants total.
Grey Phobia -- MB-C1090B0BF9411F12 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Killer is Dead Nightmare Edition -- MB-211523A413BBF94C - Taken by Annubis. 20 entrants total.
The Masterplan -- MB-565D5E2BAF749B85 - Taken by Snakethesniper. 7 entrants total.

t1475193409z1.png

data

axiombqkau.png

God damn it, Tom Happ, there are other discounts than 10% off, you know?

One could assume he doesn't want to devalue his game too much before the xbone release, and maybe he thinks he can make more money this way, since he needs all the money he can get for his son's illness.

The game has a lot of issues with my DS4 controller though. Wireless is pretty much unplayable with inputmapper and just native DS4.

Nabs

One could assume he doesn't want to devalue his game too much before the xbone release, and maybe he thinks he can make more money this way, since he needs all the money he can get for his son's illness.

The game has a lot of issues with my DS4 controller though. Wireless is pretty much unplayable with inputmapper and just native DS4.

Dang. It worked great with my wireless DS4 with and without xinput. I ended up going with 360 emulation so I could map the weapons (1-9) to my touchpad and touchpad+d-pad.

The blog post about his son is really sad.

Drayco21

Hopefully someone here has more of a use for the F2P game stuff that came in the most recent BundleStars bundle than I;

Keep in mind the Neverwinter code is for inside it's own launcher thing, not an actual Steam code

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gamepedia PRO Quarterly Subscription (3 months) -- MB-31C003E66AB803E4
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: First Assault Online Starter Crate -- MB-16CE50E22A9C3A64 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
Neverwinter: Bane of Baphomet Pack (not Steam) -- MB-4276F06BD2933BD9

t1475185249z1.png

Last time Valve sent me a replacement unit express but I assume a few years from now when I'm on Dongle #40 they'll stop sending me free ones. And you can't buy the dongle separately. I'd just put it on one of my rear USB ports but the wireless range is garbage, and even with the extension cord the thing gives me a damn unignorable popup that says "Hey Your Signal Isn't Very Good!!!!" every 13 seconds even though I sit like 12 feet from the dongle because I guess my router being in the same room means it's a Steam signal dead zone?

Looks like all your asking for replacements made them stop sending them out for free, they now sell them for $12.99.

Tenrius

Ucchedavāda;218552513 said:
So apparently Lost Emember by Mooneye, a beautiful game featuring a spirit (wolf?) that possess other animals, is coming to Kickstarter 11th of October.

I know next to nothing about the game at this point, but I am pretty much sold on the aesthetics alone:

Lost e-member? Lewd.

I genuinely read this as "so I apparently lost my Emember to Mooneye" at first and got a little worried for a moment there. Then again, living inside a David Bowie song must be fun

Lost e-member? Lewd.

I genuinely read this as "so I apparently lost my Emember to Mooneye" at first and got a little worried for a moment there. Then again, living inside a David Bowie song must be fun

Hah. I don't know how I managed to mess up typing that.
Sorry for giving you weird David Bowie associations. ;)

oipic

I'm signed and all that, why am I not seeing anything? Email makes it sound like there is more

I can't see too much more being added at this stage, aside from perhaps the usual campaign launch video. We now know the respective tiers and what they contain, and a little more about the funding split - what more would you like to see?

AHA-Lambda

I can't see too much more being added at this stage, aside from perhaps the usual campaign launch video. We now know the respective tiers and what they contain, and a little more about the funding split - what more would you like to see?

I can't even see that though xD

oipic

I can't even see that though xD

Oh, I see! Sorry - not too sure what's up with that.

Looks like a pretty standard Kickstarter-style launch page, for what it's worth - a little light-on for media at this point, which is probably expected given the target launch date is still so far off.

AHA-Lambda

Oh, I see! Sorry - not too sure what's up with that.

Looks like a pretty standard Kickstarter-style launch page, for what it's worth - a little light-on for media at this point, which is probably expected given the target launch date is still so far off.

Seeing as I can't see it, what's the base price pledge for the game and what's the estimated release?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It looks like the latest update for Steam Inventory Helper released earlier today injects ads into your browser. Not too surprising to see the gambling website diversify their profit centers, but I didn't see it mentioned here so I thought I should give everyone a heads up.

Victor Vran is finally on sale again. I've been waiting for it ever since I found out that there's local coop in there.

It's a good weekend deals overall.

Xanathus

It looks like the latest update for Steam Inventory Helper released earlier today injects ads into your browser. Not too surprising to see the gambling website diversify their profit centers, but I didn't see it mentioned here so I thought I should give everyone a heads up.

Ugh, does it show up everywhere or only in Steam inventory?

jshackles

Ugh, does it show up everywhere or only in Steam inventory?

I'm looking at the source code and it appears that pop-ups are enabled on every page it loads on (inventory, market, profiles, etc) so that's not good. I'm seeing some other tracking data it's adding that could possibly lead to more ads on popular sites such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc though I cannot confirm that for sure based on what I'm seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom