• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Warlock of Firetop Mountain got an update with 3 additional characters.

15b8b824ab0ab61a638655af5d239fc7aa0a77d0.png
f512c2982f2fa2fb4c0c98b520c7b82aa473f461.png
c8e93f97671431ae72e4f8768011e814eec3aad8.png

FEATURES
  • Three new playable characters, with new stories, combat moves and achievements
  • Linux version of the game
  • Art Gallery to keep track of illustrations you have seen
  • A new feature detailing the History of Fighting Fantasy from the 1980s to today
  • Timeline of Fighting Fantasy paperback releases
UPDATES
  • Additional checkpoint benches to give you the upper hand against Zagor's devious traps
  • Decreased the amount of souls required to purchase new heroes
  • Optimizations to make more efficient use of hard disk space

Tizoc

It is Pay What You Liked.

To be more exact
The game uses a "pay-what-you-liked" remuneration model.

"Pay-what-you-liked" is a system designed after "pay-what-you-want", except you choose to support the game *after* having played it for yourself, and determined its personal value based on your own experience. It is designed to offer each player the most choice possible in how, when and why when considering whether to support the game or not.

Since Steam doesn't support "pay-what-you-liked" or "pay-what-you-want" remuneration systems, the DLC acts as a stand-in to offer multiple suggested tiers of support.

IMPORTANT NOTE: buying DLC stands in for supporting the game at the value of the suggested tier. It will NOT enhance or change your ingame experience, you will not be getting additional content other players can't access, as the aim for this system is for the game to be the same for everyone: ie, its most complete state right off the bat! That also means the game is NOT F2P/P2W: there is NO in-game economy that allows you to pay for additional content. The game is fully available for free from the minute you start playing it!
Basically it's Free, but if you want to support the dev you can pay if you liked the game and wanted to support them.

I'm still pretty thrilled about getting Quantum Break at launch on the Windows Store and getting shafted because Steam getting a superior version for less. Good job, Remedy.
Is it actually better in terms of performance and the like? Gsync works with W10 games now at least.

Still really bummed about how little I liked that game.

Hektor

To be more exact

Basically it's Free, but if you want to support the dev you can pay if you liked the game and wanted to support them.

I love this system. This is the most fair way to sell a videogame i've ever seen.

Too bad most people probably won't respond to it in a fair manner.

Knurek

I love this system. This is the most fair way to sell a videogame i've ever seen.

Too bad most people probably won't respond to it in a fair manner.

It's exactly like putting the game on itch.io (or OST on Bandcamp) with no minimum payment.
Great for folks who are not making games for the money.
(Steam should just have a PWYW scheme for free games. Maybe by 2020?)

data

Spent 2 hours with it, it's interesting with a nice art style and some funny banter.

Also, speaking of free VNs, just noticed this got released too:

This is confusing me greatly. Wasn't Hebereke a series way back on the NES? With like a duck and a ghost and all that stuff? What

data

What exactly does the VAC ban limit you from doing? I think the red on your profile looks kind of cool and have been debating getting myself VAC banned.

ExoSoul

Banned
What exactly does the VAC ban limit you from doing? I think the red on your profile looks kind of cool and have been debating getting myself VAC banned.

While you're at it why not get aids as well? Sounds really cool, "I've got aids".
And then people will be like "the hearing kind"? And you answer "the sexual" for that extra edge.

wbacon

Capcom USA
Wbacon only has two games showing on his profile, which generally means he is playing a hidden game.

More ports confirmed. It could also be something the company is actively working on that has already been announced RE2, RE7, etc

l3udsG1.png

Very...observant. Lips are sealed, but we do have lots of unannounced games in the pipeline. Only good games ;-)

Knurek

Very...observant. Lips are sealed, but we do have lots of unannounced games in the pipeline. Only good games ;-)

I wish you were like that ATLUS PR rep, constantly making fun of PC gamers wanting to purchase your product.
I mean, it's obvious all PC gamers are pirates only interested in downloading keylogger Chrome extensions and would not be able to appreciate the greatness that are console games.
You're going on my ignore list if one of these games doesn't star Amaterasu

Fingers cross for Okami, but you do have a lot of interesting titles in your catalogue.

Also, I assume that you cannot comment on when you'll be announcing these, right?

Went on a half-awake tear and bought Lichtspeer, Clustertruck, King of Dragon Pass, and Hyper Light Drifter. Hopefully it works out better than the last time I bought a game with no sleep(Dangerous Golf)

Still can't believe how bad that game was. 6 button presses to retry, terrible(TERRIBLE) performance, repetitive, and just all around poorly put together. Only time I've used the refund system, although I still feel a bit bad for not researching first.

Jawmuncher

To me the most likely candidates are games with an easier porting process at the moment. So basically anything from last gen, and not much else. Okami I expect to happen just so some more salt can be rubbed into my wounds.

Considering they refuse to fix up the Resident Evil 1-3 PC ports, Dino Crisis really is unlikely at the moment unless that mentality changes. I don't think they've touched anything from the PSX era really for PC. Outside of like that street fighter on gog

well if it's worth anything I'd rather have Dino Crisis than AA Dual Destinies :^)

So far, the only AA I refuse to play again. Somehow ended up worse than justice for all. Which really only has a lacking circus act, the rest is fine. DD though just stayed a snooze throughout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom