• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Inferno Climber is Dark Souls as fuck.

Though given the art style and slightly more button mashing friendly attacks, it might be like if someone made Salt and Sanctuary in 3D, so far at least.

Tempted to buy this before the price increases, but I'm not very sure I like the artstyle.

Hoping dice finally make a worthwhile campaign. That's one thing cod has been able to hold above them, even on their weaker games.
With there being little footage of the playable single player campaign (just a bunch of random cuts from it), especially when they showed a good amount of campaign gameplay from battlefield 3 and 4 before they came out, they are either trying to not spoil some deeper aspects of the campaign or its gonna be the usual throwaway campaign.

Deques

The balance patch, performance upgrade, and new netcode is a free upgrade.

Kombat Pack 2 has new characters and skins. It costs money.

So I can buy the Kombat Pack 1 without worrying that it's going to be included in Kombat Pack 2?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
All of that sounds great. Hopefully there will be a deluxe edition upgrade on PC.

That seems unlikely. At the end of the post, there's this:

One head’s up, though: If you buy the story expansions separately, they will run you a total of $39.97. With the Season Pass, you get them all for $29.99. (Or, if you buy the Deluxe Edition of Mafia III for $79.99, it includes the full game and the Season Pass – which saves you a total of $19.97.)

2K clearly wants people to buy the DDE in order to save money on the Season Pass. Offering a $20 upgrade option for owners of the standard edition would render the $30 Season Pass completely pointless as that's exactly who it's for -- the $10 penalty is by design.

Corpekata

Banned
Inferno Climber appears to have some really cool ideas.

Like I compared it to Dark Souls earlier, and it is, but I just got to the hub, and it apparently has a sort of Diablo-esque character system as well, where you can deposit gear and experience in case say you want to switch to a mage type character from your sturdy warrior. Definetly a lot more interesting stuff going on that I gave it credit for.

Card Boy

Banned
Dumb question where is the Epic Games launcher? I want to download that free Shadow Complex Remastered copy i got awhile back. Did they give up on their own storefront already?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Vd1j7n6.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-9B2B95677D295D86 - Taken by Gez

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Yellow: The yellow artifact -- MB-298262A0C7C623DC - Taken by spacellama

Ludens

Banned
So I can buy the Kombat Pack 1 without worrying that it's going to be included in Kombat Pack 2?

Kombat Pack 1 is included in the Premium if you purchase the Bundlestars version. So to get the "full" package you should only purchase KP2.

Eila

Thanks for this!

Is Amnesia: Memories worth getting?

I liked the free demo version of it but it's also quite expensive at $22.

It was 90% off last sale so I would hold off. It's an Idea Factory game (from Neptunia fame) so you know it'll be cheap as shit again.

Monooboe

Ugh ok The Final Station should have level select or at least hard save, on my third restart of the game because one guy keeps dying on my train and if I don't keep him alive I wont get the achivement... sure not a big deal in most cases but this game has so few achivements and all of them are somewhat easy to get so I'm determined to get them all.

redlacs

I've just tried a few until I ended up with the "too many attempts" lockout from Steam - it looks like you were lucky, or got in just in time.

i still managed to get one on second attempt now, more than 2 hours after they were posted. that lockout should only last 60 minutes I believe so go try again, maybe you just had really unfortunate picks

also, thanks Eila for the heads up

Deques

Kombat Pack 1 is included in the Premium if you purchase the Bundlestars version. So to get the "full" package you should only purchase KP2.

Your posts are contradicting or it's probably me who don't understand you

From what I understand, the XL upgrade is a free upgrade, but to get the new characters you need to buy KP2. This one does not include anything from KP1

JarrodL

XL is a free upgrade. Kombat Packs cost money (DLC).

From what I understand, the XL upgrade is a free upgrade, but to get the new characters you need to buy KP2. This one does not include anything from KP1

XL includes both Kombat Packs. It is NOT free.
XL = base game + Kombat Pack 1 + Kombat Pack 2 + "almost all" current bonus alternate costumes + improved gameplay/balance and netcode patch

All the current owners of MK X will be getting for free is the "improved gameplay/balance and netcode patch".

Tizoc

XL includes both Kombat Packs. It is NOT free.
XL = base game + Kombat Pack 1 + Kombat Pack 2 + "almost all" current bonus alternate costumes + improved gameplay/balance and netcode patch

All the current owners of MK X will be getting for free is the "improved gameplay/balance and netcode patch".
Mkx owners better get a good eiscount deal for dl in this case

Ludens

Banned

On console there was the option to buy KP2 if you owned the Premium version of MKX (aka base game+KB1+remaining DLCs).
KP1 was already present for MKX, the only new content "exclusive" for XL was KP2. In the case you buy the Bundlestars pack, you own KP1 already, so the only missing content will be KP2. But again if that will be priced like PS4 version, it will cost 20€, so pretty much 30€ for the whole XL. My advice was, considering it's a WB game and they get discounted heavily after no time, to just wait a 75% off on the new version. I doubt XL will be 60€ like the PS4 version, probably it will be 40€ or so, considering you can get XL for cheap on console from any retailers (digital version is still 60€, but I saw the physical version going for 20€, with a base price of 30€).

fantomena

Finally completed Blood and Wine yesterday. Had to take a rerun of the DLC to fix the bug. So now ive completed the base game twice, Hearts and Stone twice and Blood and Wine once.

Super great game overall. The expansion pass was super worth it.

Edit: I really hope MKXL will get a sale once it's out in october.

d00d3n

I just started my Steam discovery queue for the first time in about a month. What is the deal with that agecheck bullshit they have started to pull? Is it legally mandated in the US or something?

Content in this product may not be appropriate for all ages, or may not be appropriate for viewing at work.
Here are frequently applied tags that people have used when describing this game:
Strategy Management Adventure Indie Singleplayer Choices Matter Story Rich Atmospheric Crime Noir Simulation Mature Memes Great Soundtrack Political

Incredibly annoying to say the least. I thought the thing about the discovery queue was supposed to be that it is easy, fast and fun?

Finished The The Turing Test, and I have to agree with Uzzy, overall.

Moreover, I found that the gameplay itself simply felt incongruous with the story that they were trying to tell. Here I am listening to discussions about the ethics of mind and conscious,
the cure for death, and it's biological consequences and (dramatic) side-effects
, all the while throwing around ball lightning to solve puzzle after puzzle. It felt .. odd. However, the puzzles themselves were enjoyable, even though most of them were quite easy. So easy in fact, that I several times had to stop and wonder if I had solved it in an unintended manner. I'd still recommend it, though perhaps not at the current price.

I was also amused by the fact that the scientists using
virus discovery
techniques that are already very much out of date today, and a bit puzzled the game never touched upon the seemingly monumental fact that
there was not only life on Europa, but it apparently also uses the same genetic code and related proteins as terrestrial life
. This was just taken for granted.

yuraya

Gaming side has been losing it these past few days. People shitting all over MGS3, MSGV and now Half-Life 2. So many disrespectful and ungrateful modern day gamers. I guess its the cool thing to do these days. Lets just shoot down everything past, present and future.

fantomena

Gaming side has been losing it these past few days. People shitting all over MGS3, MSGV and now Half-Life 2. So many disrespectful and ungrateful modern day gamers. I guess its the cool thing to do these days. Lets just shoot down everything past, present and future.

Well MGSV is not very good so... Only good thing is gameplay, rest is pretty meh.

Well, it's not like MGSV is a game without significant flaws.

MGS3 I only remember from being a game I wanted to like, but where the camera and controls led me to only playing it for a couple of hours before selling it. MGSV is at least much much better in those aspects.

Mikurden

I know, right? Did you see this?

Mario in 2016

sigh

The 80s called..they want their crappy platformer back.

fantomena

Dammit. Still not sure if MK Premium is worth it for 10$ since MKXL includes a few DLCs (like Kombat Pack 2) which I have to buy if I buy the Premium Edition now. Yeah, I think Im just gonna wait for MKXL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom