• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phinor

Yes! FH3 coming to steam! :)

Probably won't but it's pretty funny that you still can't even pre-order FH3 on PC / Windows. Windows Store simply doesn't have it, less than four weeks before release. They pulled this magnificent stunt with Quantum Break as well and that game must have sold really well when they finally put it up at higher price than I have ever seen for a regular PC game.

With QB they said their superior store didn't support pre-orders because wow what a never heard and new concept that was, but that really shouldn't be the case anymore.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
mXpqKh1.png

now thats a sale after my own taste!

and everybody should buy Crimzon Clover, just do it!

Q1ZeHp7.gif

Mushihimesama is pretty cheap too...

Grief.exe

Shmup sale and Ikaruga isn't featured?

I highly doubt Microsoft first party games will ever come to Steam, no matter how bombed they are on WinStore.

This prediction is likely accurate. They aren't worried about revenue, but shifting the business model.

Ozium

What a kick in the face for GOG users. Now, instead of just avoiding them, I think I'll actively boycott their products. Like, this isn't even the first time League of Geeks has been scummy.

Related:
GOG users have made a list of games that want to make money from GOG, but don't want to commit to the platform
. Some of it is just long patch times, but others are 100% missing features; it's gross and disrespectful to their paying customers.

"on another platform" like they are some Microsoft or Sony rep who won't acknowledge the existence of "another console"

kek

Regginator

Any one else having trouble adding reviews on Steam? It just... stays there. No feedback of any kind. If I refresh the page, it just shows me what I wrote down.

Tizoc

^Treasure are still around, although they haven't done anything major or noteworthy in some time now.

Treasure is dead and Treasure has given up.

I bought Ikaruga on launch and give up on them ever bringing anything else.

Treasure died from our sins.

Quite a few tempting deals on steam right now: Castle of Illusion, Paint it Back, Mushihimesama and RunGunJumpGun. But I don't think I'm going to pull the trigger on all of them.

What a kick in the face for GOG users. Now, instead of just avoiding them, I think I'll actively boycott their products. Like, this isn't even the first time League of Geeks has been scummy.

Related:
GOG users have made a list of games that want to make money from GOG, but don't want to commit to the platform
. Some of it is just long patch times, but others are 100% missing features; it's gross and disrespectful to their paying customers.

Some of those games I can agree. Missing patches and fixes isn't cool. Others.... When the multiplayer and mod support is based on steam, you can't really expect that nonsteam versions will access steam features. Also, Complaining that steam has a cheaper version, when the gog version runs better and tweaked and modern computers seems ridiculous to me.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Quite a few tempting deals on steam right now: Castle of Illusion, Paint it Back, Mushihimesama and RunGunJumpGun. But I don't think I'm going to pull the trigger on all of them.

remember that Castle of Illusions will be removed from Steam... tomorrow I think

Wok

Castle of Illusion is great. It sometimes has Crash Bandicoot vibes. Most of the time, it is more like Asterix or The Smurfs on Game Boy, in terms of level design. The biggest downside is that I have to reboot every time I alt-tab...

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/giant-bombcast-03152016/1600-1536/

Treasure has no internal development and no actual employees. It still exists as a legal entity that could be started back up or bought out but that's unlikely currently.

Castle of Illusion is great. It sometimes has Crash Bandicoot vibes. Most of the time, it is more like Asterix or The Smurfs on Game Boy, in terms of level design. The biggest downside is that I have to reboot every time I alt-tab...

I just can't get into the polygon graphics. I much rather fire up a Genesis emulator and play that version.

Tizoc

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/giant-bombcast-03152016/1600-1536/

Treasure has no internal development and no actual employees. It still exists as a legal entity that could be started back up or bought out but that's unlikely currently.

I just can't get into the polygon graphics. I much rather fire up a Genesis emulator and play that version.

The Genesis game is available on PSN/XBL as part of a CoI bundle. It was ported by M2 and is a great port.

The Treasure stuff I wasn't aware of. Night Dive or Devolver Digital should buy them up.
Or I dunno Projekt CD Red or whatever they're called :V

hesho

wow.. gone for 8 days.. and now it is a new month. Now i am behind of 8 days of gaming ><

on a different note, at least not that many games to look forward too this month.

madjoki

Probably won't but it's pretty funny that you still can't even pre-order FH3 on PC / Windows. Windows Store simply doesn't have it, less than four weeks before release. They pulled this magnificent stunt with Quantum Break as well and that game must have sold really well when they finally put it up at higher price than I have ever seen for a regular PC game.

With QB they said their superior store didn't support pre-orders because wow what a never heard and new concept that was, but that really shouldn't be the case anymore.

Wasn't they supposed to merge WinStore & Xbox Stores this summer?

I guess we can always wait for next Build.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo missing the best and most important part of Mario Maker by cutting out the online is just stupid. No one should buy that version despite how awesome the Wii U game is. Just get the Wii U and also play Bayonetta 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles X, Mario 3D World (an amazing game), and MARIO KART FUCKING 8. It's a good console.

3DS is great too, but not having the hands down best feature of the game is just mind boggling.

Also excited to get Cities Skylines in some form. Will it show up in a bundle or should I jump on this sale?

Anno

Total Warhammer DLC sure seems to sell super well for how much people bitch about the prices. I imagine we'll continue to see tons of that roll out.

Ludens

Banned
GOG works differently from Steam: having DRM-free versions mean you can't access some features like Steamwork. In example Spelunky on GOG missed daily challenges etc, because it was lacking pretty much the whole online structure. Of course if you want implement microtransactions (because selling items it's nothing else than a microtransaction), you can't on GOG: the system is lacking the infrastructure for that.
It's the reason why they introduced Galaxy. They are still working on it, but of course it will be ready at one point. They need it for Gwent, so probably soon or later a similar system to the Steam one for crates etc. will be available. But for now you can't have that.

The patching system also on GOG is very different from Steam: I think on GOG downloads are managed in chunks, this is the reason why some Witcher 3 patches were much bigger on GOG compared to Steam. Even for Dreamfall Chapters, I have a friend who told me for every episode he needed to download pretty much the whole game all over again.
I doubt GOG charges for patches, maybe the patching system is more demanding for devs in term of work needed in order to make a GOG patch vs a Steam patch, considering they need to work on two different kind of patches.

Uzzy

MKXL coming October 4th.

Mortal Kombat XL for PC will be available for purchase Oct. 4, 2016. Originally developed by NetherRealm Studios, Mortal Kombat XL is adapted for PC by Qloc. Additionally on that day, current owners of Mortal Kombat X on PC will be able to download the latest patch for free, giving players access to all of the latest balance updates as well as the enhanced online experience, that was available in the recent beta test for the game.

Mortal Kombat XL offers the ultimate Mortal Kombat X experience that includes the main game and all content featured in upcoming Kombat Pack 2:
• Brand new playable characters the Xenomorph from Alien, Leatherface from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre horror film series, Triborg and Bo’Rai Cho
• Apocalypse Skin Pack
• Previously released content including playable Goro, Brazil Skin Pack, Kold War Skin Pack and Kold War Scorpion Skin

Also included with Mortal Kombat XL are previously released downloadable content from the original Kombat Pack:
• Playable characters Predator, Jason Voorhees, Tremor and Tanya, with each accompanied by three themed skins
• Samurai Skin Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom