• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

$30 and digital only tho.

Are there any good clones on steam?

There are no clones of Picross 3D.
Only Picross 3D and Picross 3D Stage 2.

There are good clones of Picross 2D though, Paint it Back for one.

He just mad he too broke to afford a 3DS and indulge in dat Nintendo goodness.

image.php

WTF?

derExperte

Homefront 2.0

Got my cheap PS4 copy today, that's timing.

We are pleased to announce that our ‘Performance Patch’ is out now!

The team have worked incredibly hard on features and improvements contained in this patch. From stabilisation to bug fixes, we're excited to finally get it into your hands!

With hundreds of improvements and fixes, we cannot list them all but we would like to focus on some of the bigger ones.

Frame rate Improvements
The biggest problem players experienced at the launch of Homefront: The Revolution was inconsistent frame rate. We have been working hard to improve this incrementally throughout previous patches, and have now boosted frame rate a further 15% on top of the 25% improvement already achieved in 1.06. This will ensure a much smoother experience for everyone playing across all platforms.

Save Game Stalls
The team have also been working on another of the bigger issues since we launched, ‘stalls’ that were present when the game is saving. We reduced the number of stalls occurring in previous patches, but the team have spent further work to reduce this event entirely. We are happy to report that this has been greatly reduced from the 5 to 10 seconds originally reported to becoming unnoticeable as you play through the game.

Bug fixes
As mentioned above, we have been regularly reviewing Community reported issues and have spent time fixing up the most commonly reported bugs that players have unfortunately encountered whilst playing Campaign and Resistance Mode. Further details of the main issues fixed will be present in the Patch Notes.

HUD Customizer
Some players have been requesting the ability to hide certain UI elements from the HUD. We are pleased to announce this is now possible. Players will see a new menu item under Options called “HUD”. Here you will be able to toggle elements on or off to change your experience.

Resistance Mode – 2 New Maps
Boom Patrol
“The KPA seem to be massing their drone forces, we believe they're planning a huge mechanised attack, but if we can destroy their fuel supplies we can stop the drones in their tracks. Find the KPA fuel dump and eliminate it.”

Indy Forever
“The KPA have retaken parts of Lombard and are probing our defences at Independence Hall. We think they might be planning a major assault. We need the Resistance Goliath to repel their attack but its offline. Repair the Goliath and defend Independence Hall at all costs.”

Resistance Mode – Guerrilla Score
The ‘Guerrilla Score’ system has been introduced to indicate a player’s overall experience with the game. Players can earn Guerrilla Score by ranking up characters, completing missions on increasing difficulties, earning new citations and increasing a character’s ‘Renown’.

Resistance Mode – Renown
Players who have reached top rank on characters will be pleased to hear that our new ‘Renown’ system will allow continued play. All XP gained at max rank contributes towards a character’s renown, increase their Renown to earn more Guerrilla Score and Armory crates.

Teggy

Obduction definitely has that way of making you feel smart for figuring out a puzzle and then making you want to keep playing so you can figure out the next one.

This SHUMP sale is overwhelming, any stand-outs to dive in on? Astebreed, Enter the Gungeon, and Assault Android Cactus were already on my wishlist, and look great. Can anyone curate the other stuff just a little bit for me?

This SHUMP sale is overwhelming, any stand-outs to dive in on? Astebreed, Enter the Gungeon, and Assault Android Cactus were already on my wishlist, and look great. Can anyone curate the other stuff just a little bit for me?

Deathsmiles is a really fantastic CAVE developed side-scrolling shooter with a totally bonkers theme (one of the bosses is a giant milk cow, and the final boss is DEMONIC EMPERATOR TYRANNOSATAN). It's kind of short but has a bunch of different modes, and there are very forgiving modes if you're not a bullet-hell master (and it's not even that bullet-hell-y).

Darius Burst is *amazing* but also the priciest of the bunch. There is a damn near infinite number of stages (made by remixing and recombining elements), there's a super-nuts wide-wide-wide-screen mode that emulates the original ultrawide monitors of the arcade version, there's a ton of different player ships with very different loadouts and weapons, and the bosses are all crazy takes on sea life like turtles and sailfish and seahorses.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

I really like these:

Crimzon Clover - A must IMO one of the bes shmups ever
Mushihimesama - A really good CAVE shooter with lots of options and good "easy" modes
Luftrausers - good 10 minute game to just blow some shit up
Raiden 4 - just a really good game :p
Danmaku Unlimited 2 - really well made bullet hell shooter, and its just 1$
Eschatos
Dariusburst - Expensive, but besides Satazius probably the best gradius style shmup on steam
Downwell
Deathsmiles - more Cave love
Revolver 360 Re:Actor
Satazius - its a well made gradius clone
Renegade OPS - awesome co-op fun

well...I own Paint It Back now...and it carried over what I had finished in the demo so that was good

Homefront: The Revolution is ok...if you like the newer Far Cry games then you'd probably like it as well (at a deep discount though so wait until there's a sale)

BTW Mortal Kombat X is GBP 10 over at Gamesplanet UK. Get the Prem. edition cuz thats its price, if anyone is interested.

My character in God Eater 1, the one in red

I'll wait until the XL version gets officially announced and all that since the Premium Edition doesn't include all of the DLC anyway

I think Bundle Stars has done a pack in the past that had it all but they don't have one currently on offer

Dinjoralo

Maaaan, they don't got Mecha Ritz in the Shmup sale? I know it only came out a few months ago... but it's stupid good and everyone should play it! Also, some random recommendations from the sale:

The ALLTYNEX series (Kamui, RefleX, ALLTYNEX Second): Really good series of shmups that actually feel like they could have been arcade games. Each game plays way differently, too!

Savant Ascent: It won't take long to get through, but it's EXHILERATING while it lasts.

Assault Android Cactus: Probably the best twin-stick shooter to come out in a long while.

Eschatos: Uh... It's good?

Super Galaxy Squadron EX: Actually, I anti-recommend this one. It looks cool, it sounds cool, but the actual gameplay is so damn dull. Buy Mecha Ritz instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom