• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 for PS4 & PC teaser trailer

Altered_Beast

Neo Member
Much of the outrage with Tomb Raider is because Lara has an extensive associated history with playstation and PC. There isn't really an established history for street fighter and Xbox.

You're joking right? PSX classics aside, every street fighter game (2HD, 3rd Strike, 4, X Tekken, MVC3) last Gen was on both Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.

88random

Thats where I'm at.

It is disappointing to see Sony do the same shit Microsoft did.
...and I was hoping for a different game announcement.

...and I say that as someone who'll buy a PS4 early next year and never touch an XBone .

Edit: What duckroll said is correct. Wait and see before hurling around accusations.

Yeah, I have PS4 since January and I'm not impressed but this. I wish they spent their money on something else. Like funding DMC 5.

Bor

Neo Member
I'd say the explanation is pretty simple.

Ono wanted to make a SF5 but couldn't get funding, so Sony stepped in to make it happen.

It happens.
Sony paid to get the game in PC? I dont know, i dislike when existing franchises go exclusive. Tomb Raider was a dick move, and so is this

Cels

Yes it was, Sony even had it at there e3.

you are mistaken.

the game's trailer was shown at microsoft's e3 press conference. no platforms were announced. obviously it was safe to assume it was coming to xbox since it was shown at microsoft's conference, but unlike most trailers where the ending has the game's logo with platform logos like steam/playstation/xbox, the trailer only said holiday 2015.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2014-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-coming-holiday-2015/1100-6420224

The wording seems pretty clear to me. Why would they say 'Exclusively for PS4 and PC' if it weren't exclusive to those two platforms? If they were simply dismissing the Xbone version, it would have just said, 'Coming to PS4 and PC'.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
One of the most important japanese fighting game IPs coming to PC but not one the major consoles?

thesimpsons-what-a-time-to-be-alive-300x228.png

Seriously, who would have imagined this just 3 years ago?.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
How can you even "accidentally" publish something?...

FranXico

However, it being a PS4 exclusive, it does help broaden the portfolio and silence the critics.

But at what cost?

Most PS4 gamers did not ask for this. Spending money on third party exclusives while continuing to neglect their greatest first party major IPs is not going to silence critics, quite the contrary.

Holy fuck. If that isn't a megaton I don't know what is.

I don't think it will be exclusive for long, but god damn. Sony coming out for blood.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
That's a fucking dick move for Xbox One owners if it actually turns out console exclusive.

I have both consoles and a PC so it's irrelevant for me. But I'm curious as to how this is a "Dick Move". It's not like street fighter and the Xbox brand have strong ties...

duckroll

There's no point trying to be the voice of reason, DemonNite is already teasing. It's exclusive, everywhere. Might as well hash it out now so GAF isn't completely nuked during PSX.

If it is exclusive to the PS4 for consoles, then I think Capcom's management problems are far deeper than any of us envisioned. They seem to have almost no confidence to go in alone on any big release this generation. They would have canned Dead Rising 3 without Microsoft's support, and if they can't even be bothered to take a risk on Street Fighter V of all things without Sony being a partner, then the company really has a dismal future.

StuBurns

Banned
Yours is a misguided argument to gauge SF popularity.

The best selling iteration of SF4 talled 3.3M

SFIV sold 3.3M on PS3 and 360.
SSFIV sold 1.9M on PS3 and 360.
SSFIV3D sold 1.2M on 3DS.
SSFIV AE sold 1.1M on PS3 and 360.
Those games are all iterations of Street Fighter 4.

If you're implying sales are declining, because reissues with DLC and patches sold less, you're being disingenuous.

ZeroX03

Banned
If I was angry about Tomb Raider being timed exclusive I should probably be mad about this being PS4 exclusive too, it's only fair. It is a dick move from Sony.

But a smart one. They've basically cornered the FGC this gen with this. Players won't wait on an XB1 version, PC isn't big enough, they'll invest in PS4 sticks and PS+ and that's history. Throw in stuff like Xrd, other Arc Sys titles in future too probably, Tekken being heavily linked to the PS brand, that's game. The community unified on a single platform is great for events.

thuway

Can the industry officially hire competent individuals who have an inkling of when to upload videos on YouTube?

mp1990

Banned
Yeah i was expecting more things from Cap annoucement,but it's not bad.Let's see if this time i can get in the fight genre.
Why people get mad about exclusives like this and TR ? It's competition,nothing new.

Arion

Fucking yes finally they announce it. But why no xbox version when there is a pc version? did sony moneyhat?

I hate all the console wars crap, but the positive reaction for this being Playstation exclusive is odd. Even more so when compared to the vitriolic shitstorm that followed the Tomb Raider announcement.

Well Tomb Raider has forever been a PS and PC franchise, aside some crappy Gameboy games.

Street Fighter always been pushed and pulled everywhere with exclusive games on various systems, so this isn't something new for it.

I don't like any multiplat series going exclusive, but the TR outcry seems more justified.

dose

- Japanese trailer
- No press release yet
- Video pulled because it wasn't supposed to be up yet

Maybe all the console warriors on either side should sit down until there's an official announcement worldwide? Because if you're releasing any game in Japan from now on, you're probably not going to consider Xbox as a viable platform to even market for. :p
Y'know, I'd usually agree with you. But the fact that they show the words 'Exclusively on PS4 and PC' in English and not Japanese suggests that this trailer will be used worldwide. To back this up even more the voiceover is English too, and they've just added Japanese subtitles.

But at what cost?

Most PS4 gamers did not ask for this. Spending money on third party exclusives while continuing to neglect their greatest first party major IPs is not going to silence critics, quite the contrary.

pretending these "major IPs" are commercially viable with the COD/GTA masses in 2014 helps your argument, but doesn't make it any more truthful

Coiote

Meh, I would prefer if the surprise was Dragon's Dogma. SF5 clearly doesn't need Sony's hand to happen, but DD does.

All these years since SFIV, and it looks...exactly the same as SFIV, but a small bump in graphics. Looks like the same art style, same gameplay (as little as we've seen)... disappointing. It looks more like "SFIV Remastered", when you compare it to the differences between every other main game in the series.

Gaogaogao

thats a fantastic trailer for a game I wish I loved

also, I see the timed exclusivity coming a mile away.

in b4 super hyper ultra version.

DemonNite

There's no point trying to be the voice of reason, DemonNite is already teasing. It's exclusive, everywhere. Might as well hash it out now so GAF isn't completely nuked during PSX.

I think a real fan of games would PM me TLG's trailer, but okay, I'll let it slide this once.

I'm not teasing anything .. I'd appreciate if you didn't make it sound like I am :)

Top Bottom