• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 for PS4 & PC teaser trailer

Alrus

3rd party exclusive are bullshit, Titanfall was bullshit, Tomb Raider is bullshit, and this is bullshit if it's truly PS4 exclusive on console.

Other than that, it's about time. I was beginning to think they were going to announced yet another version of SFIV for XBone/PS4.

As a PC owner, the amount of fucks I give that Xbox One doesn't get this, is close to zero.

However, it being a PS4 exclusive, it does help broaden the portfolio and silence the critics.

Yeah I'm sure that's why you give zero fuck about it not being on Xbone heh.

KooopaKid

Banned
The amount of hypocrites in this thread is amazing. MS got so much shit with Titanfall and Tomb Raider and now it's suddenly ok?

People thinking this wouldn't get funded without Sony are straight up delusional.

Yeah I don't care, but the bias is clear as day now. Anyone telling otherwise is a hypocrite.

Just saw the trailer, looks like SFIV HD². Same assets but uprezzed. Capcom being lazy? No way!

The wording seems pretty clear to me. Why would they say 'Exclusively for PS4 and PC' if it weren't exclusive to those two platforms? If they were simply dismissing the Xbone version, it would have said, 'Coming to PS4 AND PC'.

Sort of how I see it, as well. If the trailer was meant to be revealed for PSX, then "PS4 & PC" seems pretty clear, because they probably wouldn't include "PC." That being said, I don't see how this doesn't end up on Xbox One at some point, so I don't know.

Altered_Beast

Neo Member
Even if you own both consoles you would rather have a exclusive built to the PS4 limitations than to have it built to the Xbox One limitations. but if the game isn't pushing the hardware then yeah it's a bad situation for the people who don't own the console that it's exclusive to.

The fact that the game is on PC means eliminates your argument. The engine will be scalable, given the common platform (x86) any 3rd party exclusivity is purely a financial decision.

Grief.exe

Yeah, I have PS4 since January and I'm not impressed but this. I wish they spent their money on something else. Like funding DMC 5.

Street Fighter is capable of generating more revenue, simple as that. Devil May Cry is a more niche franchise and the last title wasn't well received.

One of the most important japanese fighting game IPs coming to PC but not one the major consoles?

thesimpsons-what-a-time-to-be-alive-300x228.png

Seriously, who would have imagined this just 3 years ago?.

Interesting times indeed.

orioto

Good Art™
I hope it's early (remember how far the first SFIV footage was from the final game), but i'm expecting way better from next gen SF in term of animations.

As a PC owner, the amount of fucks I give that Xbox One doesn't get this, is close to zero.

However, it being a PS4 exclusive, it does help broaden the portfolio and silence the critics.
As someone who pretty much only games on PS4, I care because this means that Sony isn't spending this money on an SCE game. It was gonna come to PS4 anyways so all their money does is fuck Xbone owners. Their money adds nothing.

All these years since SFIV, and it looks...exactly the same as SFIV, but a small bump in graphics. Looks like the same art style, same gameplay (as little as we've seen)... disappointing. It looks more like "SFIV Remastered", when you compare it to the differences between every other main game in the series.
We've seen 5 seconds of footage and people are claiming same gameplay? lol

Those juggles, that new Chun move, that new ink tatsumaki, none of those are in SF4 and aside from that of course it looks like SF4 it's fucking Street Fighter

As X1 user OK with the ROTR deal, I'm fine with this deal because it somehow is going to make the game better and the investment safer but I will remain exceptical about the extent of the agreement as I was with the ROTB announcement.
Also calling weird the positive reaction to this exclusivity compared to the ROTR one despite being marginally different situations.

3rd party exclusive are bullshit, Titanfall was bullshit, Tomb Raider is bullshit, and this is bullshit if it's truly PS4 exclusive on console.

Other than that, it's about time. I was beginning to think they were going to announced yet another version of SFIV for XBone/PS4.

At least titanfall and this had PC from the start unlike the new tomb raider.

Agent X

Gold Member
I'm happy to hear that Street Fighter V is actually in development, and is coming to PS4.

That said, I have a difficult time envisioning this "exclusivity" being permanent for a game of this nature. It will probably come out for Xbox One at some point afterward, even if it's in the form of a revision such as "Super Street Fighter V".

dose

The amount of hypocrites in this thread is amazing. MS got so much shit with Titanfall and Tomb Raider and now it's suddenly ok?
Yeah I don't care, but the bias is clear as day now. Anyone telling otherwise is a hypocrite.
Works both ways. Xbone owners didn't think there was a problem with TR being exclusive, and now they're really pissed SFV is.

Just saw the trailer, looks like SFIV HD². Same assets but uprezzed. Capcom being lazy? No way!
Salty tears? lol

biteren

i have no problem with this, MS started this when they decided they wanted to Cockblock PS4/PS3 with Titanfall, they diddnt have to do that.

what comes around goes around man.

this probably should have been multiplat, but Capcom and money you know...

As someone who pretty much only games on PS4, I care because this means that Sony isn't spending this money on an SCE game. It was gonna come to PS4 anyways so all their money does is fuck Xbone owners. Their money adds nothing.
How do you know this? What if Sony had to fund this game like an article suggests?

Bricky

That's game footage? Are we sure it's not PS3 exclusive?

It doesn't look that great in the teaser bits, but I can imagine this looking alot more impressive without shitty compression and only a few seconds of footage to judge.

Good IQ does wonders when you have a decent artstyle.

I wonder if "Rise up" means there will be a bigger emphasis on air juggles, or if that Chun li clip was just a coincidence. Sucks for Xbone owners though.

Sort of how I see it, as well. If the trailer was meant to be revealed for PSX, then "PS4 & PC" seems pretty clear, because they probably wouldn't include "PC." That being said, I don't see how this doesn't end up on Xbox One at some point, so I don't know.
My guess is you'll see the 'Ultimate' version on Xbone a year later.

Nose Master

I must be the only one that enjoys console exclusivity. I don't even give a fuck which console gets which games, I just like that their libraries are different.

oksTHr0.jpg

Here. Have a drink.

Top Bottom