• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V currently $10 on Amazon (DEAD)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Did you get one?

Nope. Amazon rep is asking me if I'm still waiting. I just told him that people are afraid their order will be canceled.

His response: "Janes: I see, no worries, Amazon will not cancel it. "

Can someone just PM me their order number? Nothing is gonna happen if you got it for that price already. :|

Also purchased 2.

My buddy has a birthday coming up and while he has a general disdain for fighting games, he's going to feel obligated to play this with me as he'll mistakenly assume I paid retail for this one. Thx Amazon (and OP)!

This is literally my exact situation! Gifted it so he can't see the price >:))

Smidget

Bought 1 SFV by itself and then second order I did 2x SFV and 3x Project X Zone 2 - second one qualifies for same day delivery so hopefully I'll get that today and the first order on Monday it says...

hadar

For a week now I've been on the fence, choosing between getting SF5 or DS3, and now I open GAF and see this.

Sad panda is sad.

Lyte Edge

NeOak, thanks again buddy-- They just honored the price and told me that if I order it for full price, they'll do a refund to make it $10.32! :D

Just saw your PM but it looks like someone else just helped you out. Good luck with that.

Thanks man.

Wow, it was $10 again? Damn, I was playing too much Hearthstone lol. Would have bought copies for friends. Oh well, I got it the first time. Didn't expect another price error so soon for SFV.

ChestRockwell

Neo Member
This is literally my exact situation! Gifted it so he can't see the price >:))

Brilliant. You know what they say about great minds...

Yeah, $30 was my sweet spot for this and tbh, I almost pulled the trigger @$63 for the collector's edition. I had an opportunity to sample SFV the other day and was just bowled over with the quality of gameplay. Absolutely sublime.

Anyway, as a longtime Capcom enthusiast it's disappointing to see how badly they dropped the ball on this launch. This is a 5 star product(from a gameplay perspective) that just happens to be lacking in content. Priced correctly ($29-$39) I think it would have been a resounding success. Now, it's really facing an uphill climb in terms of public perception.

However, at the $10 price point, I think they could rip a page out of Killer Instincts playbook and turn this ship around. Get as many copies as you can into gamers hands and the profit will come in the form of downloadable add-ons.

I already have it digitally on PS4 and PC...I just wanted a hard copy for my shelf!

Only have it digitally on PC. Was thinking about selling one or maybe both to Best Buy to get a Season Pass something else. I would love to get it on PC but my current rig just isn't quite good enough and I'm not ready to upgrade it yet just for one game.

//ARCANUM

If anyone scored an extra Project X Zone 2 that they don't want from that 7$ amazon price glitch just now and wants to help a gaffer out, I'd love to buy one. Thank you!

Ovid

Brilliant. You know what they say about great minds...

Yeah, $30 was my sweet spot for this and tbh, I almost pulled the trigger @$63 for the collector's edition. I had an opportunity to sample SFV the other day and was just bowled over with the quality of gameplay. Absolutely sublime.

Anyway, as a longtime Capcom enthusiast it's disappointing to see how badly they dropped the ball on this launch. This is a 5 star product(from a gameplay perspective) that just happens to be lacking in content. Priced correctly ($29-$39) I think it would have been a resounding success. Now, it's really facing an uphill climb in terms of public perception.

However, at the $10 price point, I think they could rip a page out of Killer Instincts playbook and turn this ship around. Get as many copies as you can into gamers hands and the profit will come in the form of downloadable add-ons.
What's so bad about this game? What is it missing?

Pompadour

What's so bad about this game? What is it missing?

It doesn't have much in the way of single player content but more is coming in June for free. As of the last update, the only real issue I have with the game is rage quitting doesn't have an automatic fix but aside from that the game is fantastic.

Alucrid

Banned
It doesn't have much in the way of single player content but more is coming in June for free. As of the last update, the only real issue I have with the game is rage quitting doesn't have an automatic fix but aside from that the game is fantastic.

i can't wait for the 2 hour story mode to disappoint everyone

Ovid

What do you mean single player content? You mean different modes? For example, Story mode, Arcade Mode, etc.

Pompadour

What do you mean single player content? You mean different modes? For example, Story mode, Arcade Mode, etc.

Here's the big issues for SFV in regards to single player, currently:

• It has a "Character Story Mode" for each character which is both extremely short and easy. The main benefit to this mode is that it gives you a lot of in-game currency to use in the Shop.
  • The game has a Survival Mode that has 4 different difficulties. You can spend a ton of time in this mode but frankly, it's pretty bad. People play it to unlock colors or get FM.
  • There's no Vs. CPU as in you can't just go to "versus" and play against the CPU. You can play the CPU in the modes I listed and in training mode but that's it. Capcom has made comments that this will be added TBD.
  • There is no Arcade Mode. There really hasn't been a concrete answer as to whether it will be added in the future. There's other single player modes coming but none specifically called "Arcade Mode"

Lyte Edge

You should check the OT for more info, but the big complaints are that the story mode is ridiculously easy and over quick (a baby beat it...no joke) and there is no arcade mode. You just get survival mode, with an AI that can be all over the place. They also just added a challenge mode.

Don't buy this if you want to play it by yourself. Buy it for multiplayer. Personally I don't get why anyone would even want to a buy a fighting game to play alone, but that's just my opinion...and despite that I still think this game feels like it is missing content that should have been available at launch.

Ovid

Here's the big issues for SFV in regards to single player, currently:

• It has a "Character Story Mode" for each character which is both extremely short and easy. The main benefit to this mode is that it gives you a lot of in-game currency to use in the Shop.
  • The game has a Survival Mode that has 4 different difficulties. You can spend a ton of time in this mode but frankly, it's pretty bad. People play it to unlock colors or get FM.
  • There's no Vs. CPU as in you can't just go to "versus" and play against the CPU. You can play the CPU in the modes I listed and in training mode but that's it. Capcom has made comments that this will be added TBD.
  • There is no Arcade Mode. There really hasn't been a concrete answer as to whether it will be added in the future. There's other single player modes coming but none specifically called "Arcade Mode"
Okay, that's pretty lame. How the hell do you not have Arcade Mode in a fighting game? That doesn't make any sense.
You should check the OT for more info, but the big complaints are that the story mode is ridiculously easy and over quick (a baby beat it...no joke) and there is no arcade mode. You just get survival mode, with an AI that can be all over the place. They also just added a challenge mode.

Don't buy this if you want to play it by yourself. Buy it for multiplayer. Personally I don't get why anyone would even want to a buy a fighting game to play alone, but that's just my opinion...and despite that I still think this game feels like it is missing content that should have been available at launch.
I never play fighting games online so yeah, this would have been a terrible purchase for me.

Thanks.

GuessWho

Worst full price game I've ever bought. Will never preorder any game ever.
Gaming industry is a total shit show at times.

Top Bottom