• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V currently $10 on Amazon (DEAD)

Really regret buying this game at launch.

I knew it would be cheaper now but $50 cheaper after just two months?!?!?!? Man. :(

They will probably only ship a few orders at that price. They do cancel price error orders for new items. Usually the warehouse deals price errors are honored but not new product.

Rainer70

Thanks

If you're doing that, just trade it in to Best Buy, they sell PSN cards.
Can you definitely trade back for PSN credit at Best Buy?

Would it be smart to start the trade in process now for Amazon despite the game not shipping? I don't mind sending to back to Amazon instead of dealing with a physician retailer

For Best Buy can you do a pre own trade in with the plastic on?

This doesn't address Amazon not selling gift cards with Amazon money.

I bought PSN credit with amazon credit before

I've tried before and wasn't able to, and this is on their website:
There are certain restrictions with Amazon.com Gift Cards, such as not being able to purchase gift cards using a gift card and not being able to transfer them to another account once the claim code has been redeemed. https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201138990

Justinh

Seems weird that they did this same "pricing error" twice. Gotta wonder if they are just doing these quick sales to clear out some warehouse space for a product that's not moving very much.

I was thinking about the pricing error encore, too. I wonder how this happens, like... why did the price change anyways? I get maybe human error, but twice? In such a short period of time?

tanooki27

Jesus, I just rolled out of bed, saw the thread and ordered this for a grand total of $11.02 with sleep still in my eyes, and then the price shoots up mere seconds afterwards. I am a lucky duck. I'll probably get run over by a bus today to even things out.

lol that equation is not quite balanced

You can't buy amazon GC with GC. You definitely can buy PSN credit.

proof

M51rBzg.png

Bought multiple copies and I'll plan to trade them in. Do I just have to take off the plastic before going to Best Buy for trade in? I'm not trying to return the game as if it is new but as pre own.
Wish I would've thought of this, but after seeing people say multiple copy order get canceled I lucked out I guess.

As of now I'm trading both games in but I'm gonna play them first and see if I like them, if I don't they're going towards dark souls or overwatch.

Rainer70

That used to be the case but not anymore. There was a time where gift card purchases always requested a card but now Amazon credit is an option. If you want to check for yourself, go thru the checkout process until it gets to payment info.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004RMK4BC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Cool if that's the case now. But if Best Buy also allows you to buy gift cards with Best Buy credit, wouldn't it be better to go there because someone else mentioned it being worth $28 there.

Nudull

Banned
Amazon's usually cool with price error orders with just one copy, right? First time I've done this, and I'm a little nervous.

Thanks

Can you definitely trade back for PSN credit at Best Buy?

This doesn't address Amazon not selling gift cards with Amazon money.

I was asking a question based on your question

Wish I would've thought of this, but after seeing people say multiple copy order get canceled I lucked out I guess.

As of now I'm trading both games in but I'm gonna play them first and see if I like them, if I don't they're going towards dark souls or overwatch.

If there is already a limit of 3 why would it be cancelled?

Seems weird that they did this same "pricing error" twice. Gotta wonder if they are just doing these quick sales to clear out some warehouse space for a product that's not moving very much.

Amazon has some automatic price adjusting algorithms that mess up from time to time. They don't do these changes manually all the time. Cheapasssgamers have gotten $80 Xbox ones on the warehouse deals site last year in a glitch.

HardRojo

Amazon's usually cool with price error orders with just one copy, right? First time I've done this, and I'm a little nervous.
Yeah, greedy people who went with 3 and even 4 will most likely get canceled. Amazon did ship some copies the last time this happened.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Can anyone post a screenshot of their order with the price? I'd like to show amazon.

TLZ

Banned
Well I left it at the 'review your order' screen and haven't bought it yet, but screen still open. Will I still buy it at the cheap price if I click place order?

vVnXex7.jpg

Tbh I'm not sure I even want it but it's a bargain.

Can anyone post a screenshot of their order with the price? I'd like to show amazon.

They won't honor a price error. If you got it they might ship it but if you didn't it's dead. It's still a great value at full price if you aren't scared of playing online and learning some things.

Battle lobbies with first to 3 or 5 are great now.

I just got 2 for a total of 28.47. I've had the game since launch and fucking love it. I've probably poured over 100 hours into the game since then. But this ain't about having a physical copy or giving anything away. I'm going to trade it into Best Buy or sell it somewhere just so I can get myself a Season Pass or do something else with the money lol.

Spenny

God dammit! I selected my old card that I hadn't deleted so I'm fucked. They should let people edit that without having to cancel.

Koppai

Anyone want to spare a copy, I will pay you $15 shipped. I just lost my grandfather and need some distraction.

wiibomb

Dammit!!! I lost this again??? I've been looking for this game cheap and keep losiny the chance when amazon gets it this low

ChestRockwell

Neo Member
Also purchased 2.

My buddy has a birthday coming up and while he has a general disdain for fighting games, he's going to feel obligated to play this with me as he'll mistakenly assume I paid retail for this one. Thx Amazon (and OP)!

TLZ

Banned
F it I just clicked place order but then I got this s***:

"Some items are no longer available
We're sorry. Some items became unavailable after you added them to your shopping cart. Click here to return to the product detail page and try another seller."

Godammit Amazon!

I jumped on this after seeing this thread. It was still 10 when I was looking from my phone. For some reason I just didn't feel comfortable doing it unless I did it from my PC. So when I did that it said $10 at first but when I went to check out it turned into $34. I was like "awwww shittttt". I searched for it again and it was $10 again so that's when I ordered 2 and placed the order before anything else happened. I did this after already seeing people post that the deal was over. My invoice says $28 for 2 copies so I guess I'm good.

Top Bottom