• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeMaxX

Is a player considered good if he/she reaches Ultra Silver legit?
Depends what you consider good. I think with each rank up, you learn something new about your character and gain a different skill set. Keep grinding and soon enough you'll hit Gold, then Super Gold, then Ultra, then Plat :)

SephLuis

No, I have seen bronze and silver players giving me more trouble than some gold or platinum players. Obviously, some of those gold/platinum rage quit once they lose.

I feel that they should change the system to something like no matter then rank you get or lose few points (-10/+10) and the ones that will accumulate a big value are those that win constantly. Now its bad because one loss for a bronze player, you can lose hundreds of points that take a dozen wins to get it back.

Edgeward

I mean, at that point, personally I would think they would have a solid AA game and can punish decently. It's still a bit of a toss-up if they play at a level where you need to respect them with your play or are just steamrolling/overwhelming people on offense but don't have the necessary footsies or defense. To me, if they are past gold then you need to approach them as a good player most times.

Edzi

Tried playing online again just now. It was a mistake. Still nothing but wifi warriors and rage quitters. I want to play this game Capcom, I really do, but I don't have anyone in person to play with and your shitty online won't let me play either. Guess it's back to Doom.

Big Brett

Tried playing online again just now. It was a mistake. Still nothing but wifi warriors and rage quitters. I want to play this game Capcom, I really do, but I don't have anyone in person to play with and your shitty online won't let me play either. Guess it's back to Doom.

Stick to lounges boot people below 5

Stick to lounges boot people below 5

And definitely only create rather than try to join. 90% of rooms still don't show connection until you join so it's like roulette.

Of course creating is also like roulette since you're gambling that anyone will actually join your room with how dead lounges can be but hey. Lesser of two evils.

I mean, at that point, personally I would think they would have a solid AA game and can punish decently. It's still a bit of a toss-up if they play at a level where you need to respect them with your play or are just steamrolling/overwhelming people on offense but don't have the necessary footsies or defense. To me, if they are past gold then you need to approach them as a good player most times.

Shit, man, I'm a super gold and I still consider myself a steam rolling setplay player who relies on gimmicks. In general though, while some super/ultra silvers still have serious issues with anything past their flowcharts, they're dangerous enough within them to have to approach them warily. That 3,000 mark is where, even if they're one-dimensional, they're at least capable when playing their game.

Edgeward

I think you are selling yourself short, based on the set we ran recently, TYT.

Everyone past silver has gimmicks/sets that they like to use. But when you get to gold+ you need to start watching for player tendencies/weaknesses and the mental game becomes prominent along with character knowledge. Because concepts like conditioning, shimmies,etc open up for you because they understand the ranges and dangers of certain things

When you face bronze players it is 100% you are playing the player not the character because they don't have enough command of the character or understand what is the "correct" option vs the unsafe option

Silvers will you get more character orientated because they have set-ups and things they should do but aren't on the level to exploit player tendencies. They follow the archetype of how they should be played.

Super Golds and above have a good mix of both and have a playstyle that is unique to them. So you need to have the character and player knowledge.

Of course, this is just based on my experience. I'm sure people have encountered players that run counter to what I have said and there are always exceptions to the rule.

It's always fun when you do the most unconventional punishes. Was playing as Birdie, forward-jumped over a nash's sonic boom. He tried to poke me with a button and I just did CA as soon as I landed and won the match (Birdie in V-Trigger is insane)

SmokeMaxX

Super Golds and above have a good mix of both and have a playstyle that is unique to them. So you need to have the character and player knowledge.

Of course, this is just based on my experience. I'm sure people have encountered players that run counter to what I have said and there are always exceptions to the rule.
Mika players.

Lol jk.

I had some success with Ryu last night, took rounds off some Ultra Golds and Super Golds, which I think is good for a day 1 character. He is really different from Nash tho, and I keep dashing forward to grab after a light punch lol. Footsies are still not my best suit yet, and I don't use Tatsu that much as an ender, even though it's a good set up for meaties. Still have a lot to learn.

I had some success with Ryu last night, took rounds off some Ultra Golds and Super Golds, which I think is good for a day 1 character. He is really different from Nash tho, and I keep dashing forward to grab after a light punch lol. Footsies are still not my best suit yet, and I don't use Tatsu that much as an ender, even though it's a good set up for meaties. Still have a lot to learn.
Ryu is a good character to learn good spacing and fundamentals from. Nash’s dashes and teleports gets him out of a lot of stuff without really anticipating what your opponent does, it might cause some bad habits.

Your Nash will certainly improve by just getting solid with Ryu.

thelastword

Banned
Wow, this game is ridiculous, it takes an hour or more to get a game, when you do, the guys only want to play one round because they fear they will lose more points. Another hour ensues...repeat ad nauseum.

Terrible netcode, so many connections are unplayable, jumping jumping jumping, nothing you do registers. I also realize that second rounds are always laggier for me than the first, more-so against pc players, but the same happens against PSN players too. It appears that it gets progressively worse throughout the match.

People still quit like this game is unpatched, I think there's more ragequitting now. I have received no points because of these quiiters, nor do they lose points either. I have taken every loss even if the game was unplayable and lost a sea of games to lower ranked players who siphon my points (mostly due to terrible lag), but I will never quit. When I do get some wins to make it back up, people just quit......

The saddest thing is most of these quiiters play top tier characters like Nash, Karin, Ryu etc.....I play Gief who is abysmal in this game on top of the worse netcode I've ever seen in a fighter, these quitters should be ashamed because gief can now be rushed down and is slow, in lag it's just impossible.

Baleoce

and I don't use Tatsu that much as an ender, even though it's a good set up for meaties. Still have a lot to learn.

They're good even just as a corner carry as part of your game plan, just got to confirm they're not crouching, unless you're going into it from a cr.HP which will force stand. or from a b.HK (force stand) > st.LK . Also you can sparingly use heavy tatsu enders as part of your mixup game as it crosses up on the last rotation. b.HK catches a quick rise as soon as you're out of the heavy tatsu animation.

Oh, and you can use a light tatsu as a free juggle off of v-trigger. Say for example. TC (Either MP > HP > HK, or HP > HK) xx V-Trigger > light tatsu > CA

Shito

.I play Gief who is abysmal in this game on top of the worse netcode I've ever seen in a fighter, these quitters should be ashamed because gief can now be rushed down and is slow, in lag it's just impossible.
I take it you didn't play a lot of fighting games then? ^^

Where are you located if you don't mind me asking?
And are you playing on wifi or ethernet?
It seems the experience can vary A LOT in this game based on those two things alone...

Shito

According to that SRK rumor, new stage and zenny shop would be next month. :/
Was this rumor debunked, btw? I haven't seen it talked about much on other websites...

Numb

A new stage would be freaking great. Maybe the Zenny Shop is really coming....
we got an old remake before

6f9820abf406972b842cd1182e1897b0.gif

why not another?

combofiend pls

looking forward to mike ross challenging him to a mirror match of the new unreleased character combo has been using behind the scenes forever

Zerojul

next month? I thought story mode was next month?
Afaik content roadmap doesn't say anything about stages, for example air force base was not mentioned until a short while before release. The only thing that's sure is that we're not getting a character at the same time as story mode, stage and Zenny shop next month could happen ?

Afaik content roadmap doesn't say anything about stages, for example air force base was not mentioned until a short while before release. The only thing that's sure is that we're not getting a character at the same time as story mode, stage and Zenny shop next month could happen ?

Yep, but it doesn't prevent them from adding a new stage and the zenny shop as well. ^^
But yeah, we'll see tomorrow if that rumor had any truth to it or not I guess...

That's a good point. I'm sure story mode has scenes in new areas that can become stages down the line, like that Shadaloo command center (unless that's a 4 Kings transition)

Raitaro

we got an old remake before

6f9820abf406972b842cd1182e1897b0.gif

why not another?

looking forward to mike ross challenging him to a mirror match of the new unreleased character combo has been using behind the scenes forever

This one in particular is long overdue for a return indeed. That said, they might hold off on it till Sagat eventually returns, unless they give him a Thailand stage (which after Guile and Balrog's stages, would have been my third pick from II).

Great to hear that there is a Shoryuken rumor about more stages by the way. I had not seen that one yet and was not really expecting any more so soon when I wrote my previous post.

That said - and apologies if I sound like a broken record here, but if we do get a new stage, I hope they won't make it as static / still as the otherwise great looking Air Force Base by making sure that at least some of the objects in the stage react to the fight like in all other stages (the boxes and boombox in particular look like they should have jumped up and down, while those missile looking things could have ignited and launched into the air like those yellow things in the Shadaloo airfield...). After the missing stage transitions we don't need them to set an even lower bar in terms of polish and interactables for the stages if you ask me (as Gaf's resident stage fanatic, admittedly), especially because this makes the game even more inconsistent with regards to such things and because these kind of interactables greatly contribute to the fights and fighters feeling more dynamic and powerful imo.

MadGear

Is pityquitting a new thing? I haven't played in a week and acted a bit stupid during my first matches. Got a 40002 message by two opponents that were about to win the first round. I was still logged into CFN so it was definitely not on my end.

Is pityquitting a new thing? I haven't played in a week and acted a bit stupid during my first matches. Got a 40002 message by two opponents that were about to win the first round. I was still logged into CFN so it was definitely not on my end.

could be network issues on their end and the timing just being coincidental

Scotia

Banned
Necro
necro.jpg

Name: Necro
Height: 174cm
Weight: 60kg
Blood Type: unknown
Birthday: unknown
Home Country: Russia
Favorite things: none
Dislikes: none

He comes from a poor village in northern Russia.
Third son in four siblings.
When he went in Moscow's surrounding area to work, he became involved in this secret society.
By means of a human experiment, he acquired superhuman flexibility.
And the ability to discharge electricity.
He beats his foes using combat techniques imprinted in his brain.
Hey, hey! Secret society! Isn't it terrible?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom