• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, ggs everybody. Need to shore up my meaty timings on moves besides powerbomb and work on those stomp/headbutt cancels. I didn't hit one tonight. ;-;

I would be fine with EX headbutt if it didn't reset to neutral. That kinda limits its usage to getting a stun, imo. Guess that makes the name apropo.
I feel that EX moves often come from two schools of thought. Some EX moves are designed with little perks that make them different from regular moves in more than speed or damage while others are just a damage/speed improvement. EX AKS lets Alex combo after cr.HP (whereas the normal version of this combo only works in the corner), EX flash elbow puts the opponent in a knockdown state and EX SE has super armor forcing the opponent to deal with it far more cautiously than the regular versions. They are significatly helpful. His EX stomp and stun gun could definitely use some buffing towards that school of thought. Maybe a hitbox against jumping opponents for the former and the ability to combo into stun gun for the latter would do the trick. Having positive frames or prime distance after a successful EX stun gun might be a bit much for characters with few wakeup options.

I'm torn between whether I'd prefer an airborne hitbox on EX Stomp or for the hitbox to be bigger to allow for crossups, again. The former is probably the better overall buff, but man does it break my heart when stomp whiffs on a pixel, especially since stomp shenanigans were so fun in 3S. They've gone on record as saying they didn't want him to have that though, which is understandable. EX Headbutt, a combination of the two would be great. Leave him slightly outside of powerbomb distance but at +6 or +7, perhaps. Enough to be able to continue his momentum but not outright throw the opponent in the blender.

SmokeMaxX

I guess I just can't see it on paper. He has great command grabs, fantastic damage, some pretty large normals and his standing AA options are solid. His health and stun being so high is a nice bonus too. He might not be the fastest or have the best wakeup game, but that can be said of many characters that possess fewer and less useful tools than Birdie. At the very least I can't see him as a weak grappler. If Mika has any advantages over him it's in the corner.
It's really easy for him to be put in a situation where he has to make a comeback and his comeback factor is pretty bad because he's so slow with slow normals. A majority of his wins comes from the opponent making mistakes. As players get better, they start making fewer mistakes. He doesn't have a good way to force players to make mistakes.

Numb

Somehow it becomes Blanka

everyone loses

ono-laughing-o.gif

I'm torn between whether I'd prefer an airborne hitbox on EX Stomp or for the hitbox to be bigger to allow for crossups, again. The former is probably the better overall buff, but man does it break my heart when stomp whiffs on a pixel, especially since stomp shenanigans were so fun in 3S. They've gone on record as saying they didn't want him to have that though, which is understandable. EX Headbutt, a combination of the two would be great. Leave him slightly outside of powerbomb distance but at +6 or +7, perhaps. Enough to be able to continue his momentum but not outright throw the opponent in the blender.
Every overreaching stomp missing by a pixel is like a papercut to the soul. A few hundred of those missed is going to leave permanent damage, but I'll settle for an EX stomp with an air hitbox. That EX Stun Gun change sounds good too. To bad we'll have to wait until season 2 just for an infinitely small chance of this happening.
It's really easy for him to be put in a situation where he has to make a comeback and his comeback factor is pretty bad because he's so slow with slow normals. A majority of his wins comes from the opponent making mistakes. As players get better, they start making fewer mistakes. He doesn't have a good way to force players to make mistakes.
It doesn't help that both his crouching medium buttons can't be special canceled. Karin would be garbage if her crouching medium buttons were nerfed like that. He really has a hard time building momentum unless your opponent is garbage or mind broken enough to get caught by repeated power bombs and stun guns.
I thought it was Ibuki coming
After all this quiet I'm convinced that Ibuki is coming. Capcom messes up the Alex reveal, course corrects massively for their first SF2 character in Guile and now they completely clam up again making everyone anxious? This smells of third strike shenanigans.

KingBroly

Banned
I don't get this notion that characters are supposedly really good but have no Tournament results to show for it. It feels like some conspiracy not to make things harder on people who don't main said characters.

Well I don't know what is wrong with this game, fresh install deleted all files on my pc, but once i turn match making on FPS go from 60-15 unplayable mess.. match making is turned off works without any problems, can't play online...all my other games work fine, they go online with ease, CS:GO, Skull Girls, KoF13, GW2, run smooth online...for now, until we get a new character i leaving this game uninstall maybe new files might fix it :(

KingBroly

Banned
Well I don't know what is wrong with this game, fresh install deleted all files on my pc, but once i turn match making on FPS go from 60-15 unplayable mess.. match making is turned off works without any problems, can't play online...all my other games work fine, they go online with ease, CS:GO, Skull Girls, KoF13, GW2, run smooth online...for now, until we get a new character i leaving this game uninstall maybe new files might fix it :(

Apparently some new Windows update causes issues with SF5.

BlizzKrut

Banned
So everytime I try to start SFV on Steam, the process starts but it shuts itself right after, I've uninstalled and played one time, then when I went to start it again, it never begins, anyone knows what's happening here?

wait 5+ minutes for a match, get into a game, play a good game. have the game freeze at the victory screen so that you can't rematch.

repeat the waiting game.

panzone

So everytime I try to start SFV on Steam, the process starts but it shuts itself right after, I've uninstalled and played one time, then when I went to start it again, it never begins, anyone knows what's happening here?

I had the same problem and I've solve it by putting the steamapps folder into the folder exception for Windows Defender.

wait 5+ minutes for a match, get into a game, play a good game. have the game freeze at the victory screen so that you can't rematch.

repeat the waiting game.

Today is extremely slow to find new matches for me, it's like 15 minutes I'm waiting.

ShortThug

Neo Member

I had the exact same problem. Try disabling your network adapters if you have multiple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom