• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I was sad yesterday. I got booted out of a Gold level lounge after just one FT2. I lost but I didn't get destroyed/completely outclassed. Felt bad, man. Well, only for a sec. Then I was just pissed.

I was sad yesterday. I got booted out of a Gold level lounge after just one FT2. I lost but I didn't get destroyed/completely outclassed. Felt bad, man. Well, only for a sec. Then I was just pissed.

Maybe if they could have actually written a chat message, they might have been able to explain why they couldn't keep you.

Might be a weird question to ask here, but I'm moving and buying a new 50'' hdtv. Right now I play SFV on a monitor with like no input lag, anyone game on a 50''+ hdtv that has a no noticeable input lag?

So basically while in the corner and on wakeup, we play rock paper scissors with command grab characters.

Fun stuff. I always loved that game.

lol don't get put in the corner or don't get knocked down. The opponent had to put you in that situation.
Ok I'll do that.

YtygPRH.gif

mbpm1

I mean its rock paper scissors for non command grab characters too

In fact for many characters it's just a coin flip

So basically while in the corner and on wakeup, we play rock paper scissors with command grab characters.

Fun stuff. I always loved that game.

It's not like it's really any different with other characters:
Throw
meaty (CC)
shimmy
neutral jump
cross up
anti-air jump bait.
nothing

(invincible dp/command throw)
It's always guessing.

Offense in fighting games generally comes down to guesses. Every option has a percent chance of working, and you can influence those odds by training your opponent to think one way or the other. The inverse is true when they catch on to your habits and punish. Grapplers just take that philosophy to the nth degree.

Xeteh

Mika is such a BS character all you have to do is guess right thrice and you win

wait I mean Ken

I'm waiting to see how many more different Kens go top 8/win a CPT event before people "yeah, he's a really good character". Feels like people have been making excuses about Ken the entire time about how he has too many faults to be top 3. Yet any tournament around the world someone is playing Ken top 8.

Look me and Flux was at the finals battling it out!!!

Our sessions will one day look that good buddy’0) we’re aren’t far off

Congrats to me for getting 3rd place. Unfortunately this is a step down from my two 2nd place finishes to Lord_Shadow. But you were lucky I missed my anti air at the end :p

Congrats to me for getting 3rd place. Unfortunately this is a step down from my two 2nd place finishes to Lord_Shadow. But you were lucky I missed my anti air at the end :p
Ryu top tier though!

it only takes someone with the skill level of Tokido/Daigo to bring out his potential mind you

Pompadour

Mika is such a BS character all you have to do is guess right thrice and you win

wait I mean Ken

This makes me want Dudley all the more in Season 2 just for the salt. You could guess right twice in SF4 with it's lower damage output and net a victory with Duds.

qcf x2

What's the appropriate thing to do as Karin vs a Gief in V-trigger? Run to the corner for 60 seconds? Also does it hit low? Whenever I actually get hit by it I'm always holding back.

This makes me want Dudley all the more in Season 2 just for the salt. You could guess right twice in SF4 with it's lower damage output and net a victory with Duds.
It’s not as bad in SFV since everyone has a guessing game.

Everyone can Shimmy
Any shoto can DP on wakeup 50/50 *No more FADC making it safe and all shoto being left alone on wake-up
Some characters can CA on wakeup 50/50
Tick throw

Mika is a little more annoying than most, but that’s mainly because of Irish Whip putting you into a corner. It resets momentum greatly for little effort, I’ve said it repeatedly, but it needs to go back to beta where it doesn’t work full screen all the time. Other than that though, most of Mika stuff is not really 50/50 with your tools. You can react to things like Charged HK or V-reversal it. On wakeup it’s more 50/50 because you have to guess whether it’s a meaty (block) or a command throw (neutral jump/DP) and that can get you killed fast for a wrong guess. But, I think she’s fine as a character, you can bully Mika on wake-up and if your meaty timing is on point she HAS to respect you after a KD. MP just gives her a bit too much utility for being a fast normal, other than that, I think she’s that b/s to deal with.

qcf x2

I serve the lords of victory and no others! >:-|

I'm still using and abusing with Cammy, really the character that's getting shelved for Karin is more likely to be Mika. I have horrible matchups with Cammy (Ken, Necalli) and Laura (Ryu), but Karin seems to fare better against those three. Ibuki was one of my mains in 3rd Strike so there's a decent chance I'll be dropping another character for her as long as she doesn't play anything like that SF4 abomination.

Edzi

I posted this in the arcade stick thread too, but have any of you had problems with your TE2+ sticks? Seems this morning Tokido's disconnected the same way mine seems to be doing, so I'm starting to feel like it may be a problem with the hardware in the stick vs just a faulty wire.

Big Brett

I posted this in the arcade stick thread too, but have any of you had problems with your TE2+ sticks? Seems this morning Tokido's disconnected the same way mine seems to be doing, so I'm starting to feel like it may be a problem with the hardware in the stick vs just a faulty wire.

I have not personally had any issues, but I only just got it a couple weeks ago.

Grakl

Used it extensively and had no problems yet, fingers crossed lol

BadWolf

Have had one since release and no issues yet.

SF5's loading is really weird and mostly artificial imo.

After messing around with survival some more, I noticed that survival was loading at max 1.5s between fights, regardless of whether or not the stage also changed.
So I monitored ram usage and basically SF5 loads most of the things it needs at startup, resting at around ~900/1000mb in memory.

Then when it loads a fight it uses another 200/300mb, this is the same for any kind of fight, whether it's versus or online or survival or training.
But in survival I noticed that once a fight was over, it would slightly bump the memory and then drop down again when the next fight started.
This means that that 200/300mb's it loads on a fight is all the base data it needs to quickly switch between characters/stages (1.5seconds tops)

This makes me wonder why it doesn't just loads in at ~1200mb in the first place? Especially since most of the versus screen it's only loading a tiny bit, most of the loading comes during the white screen. We could be doing a whole lot less staring at VS screens if the game just used a tiny bit more ram at all times.

SF5's loading is really weird and mostly artificial imo.

After messing around with survival some more, I noticed that survival was loading at max 1.5s between fights, regardless of whether or not the stage also changed.
So I monitored ram usage and basically SF5 loads most of the things it needs at startup, resting at around ~900/1000mb in memory.

Then when it loads a fight it uses another 200/300mb, this is the same for any kind of fight, whether it's versus or online or survival or training.
But in survival I noticed that once a fight was over, it would slightly bump the memory and then drop down again when the next fight started.
This means that that 200/300mb's it loads on a fight is all the base data it needs to quickly switch between characters/stages (1.5seconds tops)

This makes me wonder why it doesn't just loads in at ~1200mb in the first place? Especially since most of the versus screen it's only loading a tiny bit, most of the loading comes during the white screen. We could be doing a whole lot less staring at VS screens if the game just used a tiny bit more ram at all times.
I guess Capcom figured to give you a second to collect your thoughts, shake off the salt and get your head together.

Nah I don't know. I would be interested to hear what a Capcom official has to say about the design.

Xeteh

At least it's not pocket Kens

Ricki's confuses me the most, you're playing Chun how could you feel that the Ken matchup is too uphill?

Poor Julio, can't solve Justin.

I believe that puts Justin on the top of CPT's points list now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom