• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Edzi

I can go a few rounds. CFN is Scrafty!

GGs, thanks for reminding me why I detest Mika. I've also grown to really hate Urien mirrors over the short time he's been out, though that might have more to do with me being ass with Urien.
I also couldn't get my thong out, which is like a mental nerf.

GGs, Edzi! I'd do more but I'm literally falling asleep on my couch; dropped like half of the inputs in that last game cuz of fatigue, lol.

Sorry for Mika-ing you in the first set. I'd never fought a Urien with her before and wanted to see if I could get used to the matchup if I fought a strong player.

And strong you were! Your frame traps are on point and you're super good at AA-ing with crHP on reaction. I hope we can play again soon!

Sidenote: I'm coming to discover that I'm much better at setplay than individual games. Could have something to do with my relying more on reads and prediction than reaction and execution, but I wanna sharpen myself so it doesn't take 3+ games to get on a roll.

Edzi

GGs, Edzi! I'd do more but I'm literally falling asleep on my couch; dropped like half of the inputs in that last game cuz of fatigue, lol.

Sorry for Mika-ing you in the first set. I'd never fought a Urien with her before and wanted to see if I could get used to the matchup if I fought a strong player.

And strong you were! Your frame traps are on point and you're super good at AA-ing with crHP on reaction. I hope we can play again soon!

Sidenote: I'm coming to discover that I'm much better at setplay than individual games. Could have something to do with my relying more on reads and prediction than reaction and execution, but I wanna sharpen myself so it doesn't take 3+ games to get on a roll.

That's true for most good players though. Learning how to best fight your opponent in a set is a way better skill than just being able to gimmick someone out of one or two ranked matches.

That's true for most good players though. Learning how to best fight your opponent in a set is a way better skill than just being able to gimmick someone out of one or two ranked matches.

Yeah, but my problem is that it takes me too long to get going. In both of the sets we played I was down 2 games before I figured things out and turned it around, which means I'd've been eliminated in a tournament setting.

I wanna be able to make quick adjustments to cut my "wind-up time" down to one game at most.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, I hold them until the round starts.

LP (jab) + MK (forward) + HP (fierce)
You don't have to hold them the whole time.
You can start holding them when the screen fades to white at the latest.
You can let go once you see your Urien intro start (or wait a little longer to confirm he says "Foolish worm")...

Edzi

LP (jab) + MK (forward) + HP (fierce)
You don't have to hold them the whole time.
You can start holding them when the screen fades to white at the latest.
You can let go once you see your Urien intro start (or wait a little longer to confirm he says "Foolish worm")...

Ohhh, you have to hold it until YOUR intro starts? I think I was letting go as soon as the player 1 intro started.

If you are having issues downloading the game, plug your cord into your PS4, if that's the system it's running on.

Edit: Nevermind, it's a download and not a Title Update or whatever.

Spman2099

So, I am pretty far away from panicking, and I absolutely don't think this deserves an Eventhubs article *clears throat*, but I really do want to see some more challenging missions. I wish there was always at least one mission that took a little doing. Don't get me wrong, I will take Capcom's extremely easy fight money, but even the ten throw challenge, which forced me to temporarily adjust the way I was playing Alex, made for a fun little diversion. I want to see more stuff like this. I want to see more missions that go farther than that.

That being said, it does look like the missions we are getting now are more about highlighting features in the game (which is a tiny bit strange for a game that has been out for more than half a year), so there is a good chance that things will get better when they have the introductory missions out of the way.

KingBroly

Banned
So, I am pretty far away from panicking, and I absolutely don't think this deserves an Eventhubs article *clears throat*, but I really do want to see some more challenging missions. I wish there was always at least one mission that took a little doing. Don't get me wrong, I will take Capcom's extremely easy fight money, but even the ten throw challenge, which forced me to temporarily adjust the way I was playing Alex, made for a fun little diversion. I want to see more stuff like this. I want to see more missions that go farther than that.

That being said, it does look like the missions we are getting now are more about highlighting features in the game (which is a tiny bit strange for a game that has been out for more than half a year), so there is a good chance that things will get better when they have the introductory missions out of the way.

It'd be nice if they were actually Daily Challenges like they originally said, not weekly.

FSLink

Banned
First time really playing in a long time. Managed to get from Super Bronze to Ultra Silver today. Whee~

SFV looks great in 4K too.

3IoVInP.jpg

zombegoast have you ever lost and thought, "It was 100% my fault and not the game/capcom/lag/this TV/the hitboxes/my stick/8 frames/OP character/Combofiend/Ono/Neogaf/Obama"

This game is a 9-1 match-up vs my man, for real. He needs a buff, Haunts pls. Use your power you got from killing Combofiend and become the one true Highlander/community manager.

Moaradin

I'm starting to actually hold my own against Platinum and Diamond players with Urien. Thinking I might stick with this character...

So PC got a 2 gig update last night....

doesn't seem like there's any new costumes or stages- but I did notice the character folders have REALLY multiplied.... like up to 40 character folders now. I know to subtract tut, random, nadeshiko, etc... so there's about 36 actual folder.

When the story DLC dropped these folders where not there... I particularly don't remember seeing folders D01, D02, D03, D04, D07, and D08 before....

Maybe Garrett or someone on reddit will be able to determine more

doesn't seem like there's any new costumes or stages- but I did notice the character folders have REALLY multiplied.... like up to 40 character folders now. I know to subtract tut, random, nadeshiko, etc... so there's about 36 actual folder.

When the story DLC dropped these folders where not there... I particularly don't remember seeing folders D01, D02, D03, D04, D07, and D08 before....

Nice, I hope there are some Season 2 hints! Thanks.

Ryce

Could these be for the grunts in Extra Battle mode? D01-08 are probably the Dolls.

"Rufus.mov" found :eek:
What?!

Neoxon

Subtracting the existing 22, that means that we have around an additional 14 folders for characters. If I had to guess, this could mean a number of things.
  • Capcom could be planning ahead to Season 3 & leaving room for those characters, meaning that we could have about 7 or so characters for Seasons 2 & 3 (or some other split).
  • Capcom may have taken their plans to up their staff to heart & have 14 characters planned for Season 2 (which would be insane, but not completely unheard of since they did get 16 characters for the base roster).
There are likely more possible scenarios that I didn't think of.

"Rufus.mov" found :eek:
No, NO, NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

zombegoast have you ever lost and thought, "It was 100% my fault and not the game/capcom/lag/this TV/the hitboxes/my stick/8 frames/OP character/Combofiend/Ono/Neogaf/Obama"

Yes I have and always go watch and replay and try to simulate it. But have you ever stop and think that their might be a problem with the game's online infrastructure to the point it allowed a laggy player like him to get through a 4-5 bar setting?

And just now I rewatched it in CFN and redid it in Training. And both the CFN and in game recording shows different things

Here's the cfn version. This is just before Ken's CA. Now the way it looks, I might get hit.

CYtUDi4.jpg

Here's the one captured live. Already at the top of my jump.
1QFKDFA.jpg

Here's when he activate CA. Wait, why is Urien animation different when baiting Ken's CA?
S9eHTM7.jpg

And finally. Identical to the second picture
6vJTj5z.jpg

When I see something like this, I call bullshit but when I overlook something, then yeah I blame myself but this isn't one of them.

There's a few assets in these folders.... as1, as2, as4, as6 and d01, etc. No models I can open up and view yet though.

I DON'T think these are season 2 characters though so don't get your hopes up... I think these are the files for EXTRA BATTLE- which was still not in the Urien update.

They're probably just moving over story mode assets like the dolls and shadaloo soldiers for that mode so you don't have to download the whole story mode.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Am I suppose to see something here? It shows that I jumped over it and seeing a huge gap between the boxes. Hell after re watching it, I wasn't even at the height of my jump
Dude, Ken's CA was designed to hit an airborne opponent directly in front of him. His bnb combos into CA all launch the opponent into the air. Target combo xx h.dp xx CA often looks like it's going to whiff because the opponent is too high in the air, but it doesn't.

Even if there were zero lag you'd have to be pretty lucky to have dodged that with a vertical jump.

I would stop worrying about the outcomes that are determined by a matter of frames or milliseconds and focus on the outcomes determined by things you can more easily control.

JayEH

Dude, Ken's CA was designed to hit an airborne opponent directly in front of him. His bnb combos into CA all launch the opponent into the air. Target combo xx h.dp xx CA often looks like it's going to whiff because the opponent is too high in the air, but it doesn't.

Even if there were zero lag you'd have to be pretty lucky to have dodged that with a vertical jump.

I would stop worrying about the outcomes that are determined by a matter of frames or milliseconds and focus on the outcomes determined by things you can more easily control.

It's useless to reason here my man.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I hope it's just related to the Rufus looking NPC in the NY stage. Garbage character.

edit: Wait, some of this sounds like an arcade mode, maybe? Can't be too far off.

Top Bottom