• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Wait, are people taking the Rufus thing seriously? I thought it was a pretty obvious troll :L

I do hope we get Halloween costumes this year though. Seems like such a obvious idea, but something tells me we're gonna be waiting 4+ years to get them like with SFIV.

Wait, are people taking the Rufus thing seriously? I thought it was a pretty obvious troll :L

I do hope we get Halloween costumes this year though. Seems like such a obvious idea, but something tells me we're gonna be waiting 4+ years to get them like with SFIV.
There is already that Halloween stage that was found. There could easily be more stuff.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Look at the picture i posted. I don't have ro explain anything to see the difference.

I couldn't actually follow your illustrated explanation, but in any case, don't try to bait a CA in a highly risky fashion if you are playing on an imperfect connection. That's the kind of easy decision you could make to avoid having to whine about how your brilliant plans were compromised by broken netcode.

Yeah the Rufus thing was a joke by someone... no such file exists

edit- starting to have flashbacks to the character "TUT" when I first found the dlc characters... LOL

Neoxon

edit: Wait, some of this sounds like an arcade mode, maybe? Can't be too far off.
It had a theory that Extra Battle could end up being the Arcade Mode of SFV (it was either that or retrofitting the Character Stories), so it would make sense. But we won't know for sure until maybe next month.

It doesn't matter what kind of random pictures you post, the video clearly shows you getting hit, and you would've gotten hit even if you were higher up.

So the explanation is King Crimson? It shows what I did, erased it and shows that im at the middle of my jump instead of the tip.

I care what I did on screen not what rollback showed instead. This is true with every online game.

Skilletor

lmao.

Zombegoast, man.

I could not imagine how frustrated I would be if I felt I had to analyze shit frame by frame so frequently.

At this point it's just torturing yourself. I'm done arguing about it, I'm just going to lauhg.

So the explanation is King Crimson? It shows what I did, erased it and shows that im at the middle of my jump instead of the tip.

kvNM5.gif

Sometimes you just gotta take it, man.

daakusedo

100fm for the most "demanding"(more to do with the wait for finding a match) missions... gonna be a long road to get enough for next year characters.

Durden77

In regards to missions, I think I'd rather see missions that take longer but also reward more. So instead of playing 1 casual match for 1,000, play 5 for 5,000. Instead of 10 throws for 100, 30 throws for 300.

Maybe they're just easing us up to them, and the way they're set up is probably better for more casual players, but I just rip through them so quick.

Edit : Actualiy for the 2 days at least if I'm behind I like how they're set so you can very reasonably get them at the last minute...

LakeEarth

I also prefer to have multiple challenges that last a few days than just one per day. I don't always have the time to play for even just a half hour.

I think I've made up my mind on Birdie. DOES NOT have main potential, just a secondary.

FANG will be my main. At least until E.Honda drops.

why don't you love birdie
For real though, I just don't like how every move feels like a do or die situation.

You either use a armored reversal, or you use a throw invincible reversal.

If you manage to land the normal into special, great. If it's blocked, you're guaranteed to be punished.

His normals are certainly far reaching but very very slow. His best light for cancelling into stuff is st.lp but it's 5 frames. St.lk also works but it has shit range.

He's a zoner but he can easily also get out-zoned himself. All that moves that he has to go through fireballs can be punished if they whiff (except df.hp in most situations).

EDIT: Arguably the thing I hate the most is that his meaty pressure is practically nonexistent.

He's definitely a fun character, but his overall style just isn't gelling with me no matter how hard I try.

And I'm still gonna pick him against every Bison I meet. Feels so good to cr.mp the stomp, EX bullhorn after his st.hk, etc.

I'm getting scared that I'll forever be ass with Urien yet I can't help but dump hours of playtime into him. I see all those fancy ass combos and I can barely get anything off AR besides bouncing them around into EX Knee to set up another headbutt throw mixup.

I'm basically winning because I get people on tilt and not because of any combos or big damage lol.

I fought 3 Laura's straight as Dhalsim. I had no idea what to do. I just tried to hover and hit them.

Yeah, that match-up sucks a lot. What you can try to do is attempt to bait out anti-airs with some teleports and hope that they don't command throw you. Otherwise, it's just bad for Sim.

Top Bottom