• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Shadoken

Any roster hopefuls?

I just really hope there are more characters this time around. 10 would be perfect.

Akuma,Sagat and Sakura are like the most obvious ones. But I feel like one of them wont make it. Due to having that similar shoto moveset , I know they play very different. But I think either they are going to be heavily changed or one of them gets skipped out.

My expectations in order of who I think will make it. I expect 2 or 3 chars from each series. Except SF4 , I really think Viper and Abel are the only two characters in that series people actually give a shit about.

SF2 - Sagat,Fei Long,Akuma,Blanka.
SFA/FF - Sakura,Cody,Guy,Poison,Rolento,Rose.
SF3 - Oro,Q,Sean,Dudley,Mak
SF4 - Abel,Viper

1 New char maybe Ed or Azam. But those seem a bit too obvious , it might just be an entirely new character.

Fei Long,Abel,Poison or Rolento are either locked in or New character has Rekkas. That moveset has not yet been represented in SFV yet.

Realistically I'm expecting torn sleeves yukata Ryu if this old art is anything to go by
http://sixteen-bit.tumblr.com/post/147458580115/capcom-with-the-deep-cuts-in-these-premium

cool tumblr

tumblr_o3mfs74TlN1s7elebo1_500.png

tumblr_inline_o3488hmjXt1ri065t_500.gif

Xeteh

Capcom Cup/PSX announcement is almost assuredly going to be Season 2 , cant freaking wait.

But they better fix the flaws in the game before announcing that(Survival,Daily Challenges,Arcade mode) , otherwise there is going to be some backlash if they announce it at say PSX.

Do you think they'll even announce the S2 characters or do you expect it to be another teaser image like the first season's original announcement was?

Scotia

Banned
I still think Akuma is off limits until T7 has been out for a while.

Do you think they'll even announce the S2 characters or do you expect it to be another teaser image like the first season's original announcement was?

The latter if it doesn't get leaked prior to the announcement. If it does get leaked, then I still expect silhouettes, but they'll be named.

Neoxon

I just really hope there are more characters this time around. 10 would be perfect.

Akuma,Sagat and Sakura are like the most obvious ones. But I feel like one of them wont make it. Due to having that similar shoto moveset , I know they play very different. But I think either they are going to be heavily changed or one of them gets skipped out.

My expectations in order of who I think will make it. I expect 2 or 3 chars from each series. Except SF4 , I really think Viper and Abel are the only two characters in that series people actually give a shit about.

SF2 - Sagat,Fei Long,Akuma,Blanka.
SFA - Sakura,Cody,Guy,Poison,Rolento,Rose.
SF3 - Oro,Q,Sean,Dudley,Mak
SF4 - Abel,Viper

1 New char maybe Ed or Azam. But those seem a bit too obvious , it might just be an entirely new character.

Fei Long,Abel or Rolento are either locked in or New character has Rekkas. That moveset has not yet been represented in SFV yet.
Poison's technically SFIV (though she had a cameo in SFIII).

Xeteh

Just dawned on me that they didn't mention anything about colors being purchasable during the panel. Damn, was hoping for news on that.

Shadoken

We will 100% get reveals because otherwise how will they sell the Season Pass , if people do not know the characters?

On that note , we might get the DLC silhouette character tease sooner.

Poison's technically SFIV (though she had a cameo in SFIII).

My bad , I meant to say SFA/Final Fight.

Shadoken

Decapre and the dolls are going to be like Rain and Sindel in MKX. We arent going to get them any time soon , even though they are are almost complete and have a moveset.

We will get Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma before any of the dolls.

Shadoken

What if they have 12 characters next year? 1 Shadaloo Doll for each corresponding month of their namesake.

Then you will see a very angry thread on the Gaming section of the forum every month.

Not that we dont have that already but , it will keep SFV "relevant" for very long.

All I want for S2 is Yun

SFV was a good game while it lasted. But hey we all know what his V trigger is going to be lol.

Shadoken

When do the guys get swimsuits Capcom? Don't be like this.

Dont think Male character costumes sell all that much. Why do you think every outfit for females so far has been some "sexy" revealing outfit. They are doing the DOA model. and getting dat waifu money.

Pachimari

Is the panel over? What did we get? A Juri trailer and date, and Chun-Li alternate designs? When would be the most plausible event they could announce or tease the season 2 cast?

Watch Urien get swim trunks, but burn it off to only him having a speedo after Urien uses his Critical Art.
That would be incredible. Begin development immediately.

Oh yeah, didn't notice that. I didn't make it though. I found it on SRK.
Ingrid is missing too, though I don't think she's had a profile yet.

Still cool seeing all the remaining cast (+ Haggar) altogether. There's a lot of characters I'd like to see make it to SFV.

Dont think Male character costumes sell all that much. Why do you think every outfit for females so far has been some "sexy" revealing outfit. They are doing the DOA model. and getting dat waifu money.
With all the attention Hot Ryu has gotten (who now is even getting his own action figures) this excuse doesn't really play. And regardless of whether or not the female outfits sell the most, that's no reason to ignore the male cast, particularly if the game is supposed to be flush with IAP. I have no issue with Capcom peddling their cheesecake for monetary gain, just start offering some beefcake too.

And DoA has been increasing their male fansevice content recently too, with the advent of the first set of swimsuits for the guys and the first complete set of destructible costumes. There's room for everyone at the horndog table, and money to be made from it.

Shadoken

With all the attention Hot Ryu has gotten (who now is even getting his own action figures) this excuse doesn't really play. And regardless of whether or not the female outfits sell the most, that's no reason to ignore the male cast, particularly if the game is supposed to be flush with IAP. I have no issue with Capcom peddling their cheesecake for monetary gain, just start offering some beefcake too.

And DoA has been increasing their male fansevice content recently too, with the advent of the first set of swimsuits for the guys and the first complete set of destructible costumes. There's room for everyone at the horndog table, and money to be made from it.

I hope we get more Story related costumes rather than fanservice types. I heard they were going to use Hot Ryu in Story mode but that never happened. Utter BS. I like Nash battle outfit, some special ops thing or w/e. Outfits that add to the character story and can be used in cinematic modes so that we dont get weird scenes like Cammy pulling a Chess piece out of her butt.

DoK_-

Neo Member
Still no news about the Linux/steamOS version ... who cares about costume when you just can't play the game? Spring is over ...

Quesa

I think we'll get the S2 announcement at some point, but not the roster. The reason they did that last time was because it was leaked. Barring another leak, my bet is they'll reveal the characters one at a time.

galvenize

I think we'll get the S2 announcement at some point, but not the roster. The reason they did that last time was because it was leaked. Barring another leak, my bet is they'll reveal the characters one at a time.

Although revealing all the S1 characters at once was exciting, I hope they do it one by one from now on. Keep the curiosity hanging.

At this point in the game I don't blame them concentrating on creating costumes for females, the highest played or the character people are willing to put money down on. They need to make money to justify more content. If you don't play the character you probably wont buy the costume. The reason im not buying the CPT costumes and it didn't bother me was I don't play Chun-li or Cammy and the secret costume appears to be Ryu. Luckily Summer Karin sold alot so that may justify more outfits for her, hopefully "good" ones.

Neoxon

Although revealing all the S1 characters at once was exciting, I hope they do it one by one from now on. Keep the curiosity hanging.
This would be a great way to keep the hype at maximum levels. That said, Capcom also has to make sure that nothing leaks concerning the Season 2 characters.

Scotia

Banned

They have to sell a season pass though. Who's going to buy it without knowing who's in it? They'll probably have to announce all the S2 characters at once.

I hope we get more Story related costumes rather than fanservice types. I heard they were going to use Hot Ryu in Story mode but that never happened. Utter BS. I like Nash battle outfit, some special ops thing or w/e. Outfits that add to the character story and can be used in cinematic modes so that we dont get weird scenes like Cammy pulling a Chess piece out of her butt.
That would be great, but the guys still need some fan service stuff regardless.

At this point in the game I don't blame them concentrating on creating costumes for females, the highest played or the character people are willing to put money down on. They need to make money to justify more content. If you don't play the character you probably wont buy the costume. The reason im not buying the CPT costumes and it didn't bother me was I don't play Chun-li or Cammy and the secret costume appears to be Ryu. Luckily Summer Karin sold alot so that may justify more outfits for her, hopefully "good" ones.
There's money to be made by selling costumes for all the characters. If DoA, the undisputed female fan service game can do it, so can Capcom.

We don't need to make excuses for Capcom. If this is truly just the beginning of what they have planned, then I'd like to see some signs that they intend to offer a wider variety of options. That includes some speedos.

Quesa

They have to sell a season pass though. Who's going to buy it without knowing who's in it? They'll probably have to announce all the S2 characters at once.
Lots of games do this all the time (announce the season pass without revealing what's in it). But that's a good point.

Sheroking

I suspect Season 2 of SF5 will be announced before Capcom Cup. They aren't going three months without characters.

Well... it's Capcom, so I should say they definitely SHOULD NOT go three months without characters. They're just incompetent enough that it might happen.

Scotia

Banned
Lots of games do this all the time (announce the season pass without revealing what's in it). But that's a good point.

Capcom could go either way with it, but I know that I'm not buying a S2 season pass unless I know who's in it, but that's just me.

kirblar

Capcom could go either way with it, but I know that I'm not buying a S2 season pass unless I know who's in it, but that's just me.
This is why they'll likely announce at least one bonus character that's included in the pass - it encourages people to buy S2. (Underpromise, overdeliver.)

I suspect Season 2 of SF5 will be announced before Capcom Cup. They aren't going three months without characters.

Well... it's Capcom, so I should say they definitely SHOULD NOT go three months without characters. They're just incompetent enough that it might happen.

6 characters a year is already a pretty good pace. I'd rather they spend time fixing the quality of life stuff than trying to go nuts with rushing out characters every month.

molnizzle

So people who are actually decent at this game, is Juri as technical/execution heavy as Karin? I'm digging her moveset while messing around but I can't tell if she's too difficult for me.

SSReborn

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210876513]6 characters a year is already a pretty good pace. I'd rather they spend time fixing the quality of life stuff than trying to go nuts with rushing out characters every month.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. Would be a good time for them to fix some of the pressing issues with the game and in general smoothen out the product. You want the game to be pretty much tip top shape when season 2 hits.

Top Bottom