• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Ryce

I'm confident Decapre will just be an Extra Battle opponent along with the other Dolls. Capcom has been vocal about not wanting to include derivative characters this time around. I know Decapre has her own specials, but she shares her stance and 90% of her standard attacks with Cammy. Despite Ryu and Ken and Guile and Nash sharing general fighting styles, there isn't a single animation recycled between them.

mbpm1

I suppose they could rework Decapre's animations to be different.

I'd rather see the sword girl instead if we had a doll

kirblar

I am willing to bet we wont get Decapre as S2 character.

Remember Capcom does not want repeated movesets or similar designs. They even went as far as to not put ridiculously popular characters like Akuma and Sagat because of that.

Being in story mode doesnt mean much , we even have freaking Peter in there lmao.
S2 will have a good balance just like Capcom mentioned. Fan Favorites, Unique styles not yet represented ( Rekka character pretty much confirmed ) and some Birdie-type odd balls ( Sodom?Oro? ).
Decapre plays nothing like Cammy. She's also close to complete.
Still holding onto that dream, I see. The rumor was already proven fake when Sagat was missing from the Story update.
Rumor hits. Sagat's not there, but Ono puts out a blatant Sagat hint within a week? Something's up. They're ahead of schedule on the DLC now too.

I am willing to bet we wont get Decapre as S2 character.

Remember Capcom does not want repeated movesets or similar designs. They even went as far as to not put ridiculously popular characters like Akuma and Sagat because of that.

Being in story mode doesnt mean much , we even have freaking Peter in there lmao.
S2 will have a good balance just like Capcom mentioned. Fan Favorites, Unique styles not yet represented ( Rekka character pretty much confirmed ) and some Birdie-type odd balls ( Sodom?Oro? ).

Rekka? Fei Long please.
Also was it Karin or Ingrid who once had a reversal "catch" move like some of the characters in earlier Tekken games? I still want a character that can do Jin / Paul style counter throws in my SFV. ;)

Shadoken

Decapre plays nothing like Cammy. She's also close to complete.

Neither does Akuma,Dan and Evil Ryu play anything like Ryu. Doesnt mean they dont share the similar Design type. Heck even Ken got very drastic changes to come into the Roster and thats Ken , the 2nd most popular SF character.

Why do you think Capcom didn't fill the initial roster and S1 with shoto archetypes.

Rekka? Fei Long please.

Yea Fei Long is also hinted at in that stage. Srsly we need him and that style. Karins rekka is like just used everytime that freaking St.HK hits. to combo and then super and then bam round over lmao. Shes not really a Rekka character like Fei.

kirblar

Cammy/Decapre's a sillouette (too similar for starting roster) and gameplay (too complicated for starting roster) issue. Neither's an issue at this point.
What's a rekka?
Chain specials, like Balrog's V-Trigger mode. Originates from Fei's Rekka-Ken move, which you can do 3 times in a row.

Shadoken

What's a rekka?

latest

Its a move that chains into others. Originally by Fei long , but then other games and character got this move too like Kyo from KOF. Its Usually used as a way to whiff punish and hitconfirm or even pressure by delaying the chain attacks.

latest

Its a move that chains into others. Originally by Fei long , but then other games and character got this move too like Kyo from KOF. Its Usually used as a way to whiff punish and hitconfirm or even pressure by delaying the chain attacks.

So I guess Balrog is considered a rekka character?

Wait, Karin was the designated rekka representative. Is her rekka being locked behind V-Trigger a disqualifier?

And Akuma would fit because Capcom has proven they can vastly differentiate Ken and Ryu, so by association they can do the same to ol' Akuma.

The problem a lot of people -- and I myself -- have with shotos is that most are just lazy palette swaps with 1 or 2 differences (talking same animation for 90% of moves). If they pull a Ken and give Akuma a genuinely unique playstyle and his own animations, I'm down for his return. Gimme dat Killing Moon remix.

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210895752]please no garbage v-skills like Alex's.[/QUOTE]
It's like Cammy's, you're just moving a move w/ potentially overlapping inputs to a better spot.

The comments about having unique movesets was mainly about the initial chosen cast (default + season 1 dlc). I believe Combofiend and others have since mentioned that is less of a priority in future cast decisions

Shadoken

Wait, Karin was the designated rekka representative. Is her rekka being locked behind V-Trigger a disqualifier?

Yes Karin and Balrog V trigger rekkas isnt really a core part of their gameplan. Most of the time all you see is Hit confirm into V trigger into rekkas for Damage.

Yes you also see it being done on block and some pressure , but its not like how Fei long was played.

SSReborn

And Akuma would fit because Capcom has proven they can vastly differentiate Ken and Ryu, so by association they can do the same to ol' Akuma.

The problem a lot of people -- and I myself -- have with shotos is that most are just lazy palette swaps with 1 or 2 differences (talking same animation for 90% of moves). If they pull a Ken and give Akuma a genuinely unique playstyle and his own animations, I'm down for his return. Gimme dat Killing Moon remix.
Then again I always felt akuma was already distinct in comparison to Ken and Ryu.

Mediking

Beat a cammy by doing nothing except reacting to his constant attempts to get in via hooligan/divekick/spin knuckle

It seemed to anger him

I guess I can't actually play any other character except Ryu in this game tho

Everyone else feels lacking

Ha-ha....ha-ha.... that totally doesn't sound like how I play Cammy....

Top Bottom