• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210876513]6 characters a year is already a pretty good pace. I'd rather they spend time fixing the quality of life stuff than trying to go nuts with rushing out characters every month.[/QUOTE]

Yep and the less clone-ish type characters we have the better. I like that everyone right now is unique for the most part.

Reverend Funk

Comfy Penetration
theres nothing more frustrating then playing as chun li and trying to an ex fireball and having your v reversal come out, is there any way to stop this from happening?

SSReborn

theres nothing more frustrating then playing as chun li and trying to an ex fireball and having your v reversal come out, is there any way to stop this from happening?
Do you play on pad or stick? I play on stick, and usually I just press the 2 buttons instead of 3 so that rarely happens unless I'm flustered.

Neoxon

I guess my biggest question is...why is the CPT bundle going to expire if CPT is going to happen next year as well?

Likely to get the money over to the Capcom Cup. Though if I had to guess, they may throw the CPT content into the Season 1 disc that they'll likely do at the end of the year.

KingBroly

Banned
Likely to get the money over to the Capcom Cup. Though if I had to guess, they may throw the CPT content into the Season 1 disc that they'll likely do at the end of the year.

So throwing older players under the bus if they don't buy it, on top of clearly overcharging them for it?

EDIT: If the CPT bundle is supposed to be "For the community" it should be available to ALL players and not used as a promotional tool for a single platform, haunts.

Xeteh

So throwing older players under the bus if they don't buy it, on top of clearly overcharging them for it?

Early adopters always pay more for the same content, how is that surprising in the slightest?

I can't believe you can buy Skyrim + DLCs for WAY cheaper than I paid for it 2 years ago!

THIS
IS
AN
OUTRAGE!

Kikirin

I have the same problem with charge characters in general, but I feel like getting EX special instead of v-reversal might be more a symptom of inputting the v-reversal too late than of the command interpreter having the wrong priorities. I keep forgetting that this game has rather short-feeling blockstun in general.

Edit: I read this completely wrong - thought the frustration was with trying to get v-reversal instead of EX specials. In that case, just wait a bit longer your blockstun to end.

Shadoken

Didnt they reveal the Silhouettes at Paris Game Show last year and then reveal the characters at Capcom cup.

I suspect a similar thing this year.

AN OUTRAGE!

Now that I work a 9-5 and suddenly have a better income of money than I've ever seen in my life, $25 for some cool looking cosmetic stuff means almost nothing to me anymore.

But now I'm just too lazy to buy some PSN cards to get it :p

I suspect Season 2 of SF5 will be announced before Capcom Cup. They aren't going three months without characters.

Well... it's Capcom, so I should say they definitely SHOULD NOT go three months without characters. They're just incompetent enough that it might happen.

I'd rather they work on tuning the characters already in game while working on the S2 characters for next year.

I'd also rather take 3 months of getting new modes and QoL fixes waaaaay before we get even more characters, though I wouldn't be opposed to a character stealth releasing after Capcom Cup.

Survival is such a piece of shit. I hate it.
I have like 5 or 6 different characters that all died either at fight 28 or 29 when it ramps the difficult up to pro gamer mode.

I suspect Season 2 of SF5 will be announced before Capcom Cup. They aren't going three months without characters.

Well... it's Capcom, so I should say they definitely SHOULD NOT go three months without characters. They're just incompetent enough that it might happen.

Those 3 months are all lead up to Capcom Cup. There are several Regional tournaments & online tournaments that are all ranking events that need to be played before CPT in December. They want all focus being on these events in order to build up Capcom Cup as an event.

Laputa_94

So close to Silver it hurts (1900LP). Just had a match against a Vega in which I didn't know how to counter him in the air with my Bison (Dictator) Than by the second round I would knock him out of the air every time when he jumped. Then by the 2nd round of the following match he raged quit. It felt amazing to be able to get adapt so quickly in a match.

Shadoken

In those 3 months I hope we get Daily Challenges,Arcade Mode,RQ fix and a Revamped Survival mode.

If these are done , hopefully by the time Season 2 DLC comes out the negativity surrounding the game should be gone. But hey I think Capcom will just spam us with more costumes during those 3 months.

Zackat

In those 3 months I hope we get Daily Challenges,Arcade Mode,RQ fix and a Revamped Survival mode.

If these are done , hopefully by the time Season 2 DLC comes out the negativity surrounding the game should be gone. But hey I think Capcom will just spam us with more costumes during those 3 months.
The negativity will never be gone. KingBroly will still be here playing a game he fucking hates every single day.

Ame

I think most of this will happen, but it's gonna take some time. Like you mentioned, they're most likely gonna end up pumping out more costumes/stages. I don't mind having more of that, but earning and having enough fight money to buy these things is getting tough.

Shadoken

The negativity will never be gone. KingBroly will still be here playing a game he fucking hates every single day.

Honestly I have no issues with people who own the game and complain. I mean its his opinion , he did pay money after all.

The guys that piss me off are those that have absolutely no interest in the game or genre , but will suddenly pop up when ever there is some SFV thread with a drive by shit post. Shit like that should honestly be banworthy.

Scotia

Banned
Honestly I have no issues with people who own the game and complain. I mean its his opinion , he did pay money after all.

The guys that piss me off are those that have absolutely no interest in the game or genre , but will suddenly pop up when ever there is some SFV thread with a drive by shit post. Shit like that should honestly be banworthy.

Normally it is, but I think you have to be a repeat offender to get banned. Like that guy who would just post 'lol SFV' in every SFV thread for a few months before a shit-load of people called him out on it, where he got shortly banned thereafter.

Nope. I suspect it's Tuxedo Sagat.

Sagat, Decapre, and possibly Kuma make sense as bonus S1 or early S2 characters. (Decapre's very close to complete, Sagat's been both leaked and teased)

Oro, Sakura, C. Viper, Abel, Sean and Azam all make sense for S2 w/ their prominence in the story modes.
I'd be very happy with this.

Enjoy SFV while you can folks, this is the lowest point in time we'll have to deal with the Shoto Army before they start rolling out a bunch more.

Bison.

HotHamBoy

F u c k.

So, Juri looks awesome. I'd like to buy the Season Pass, but I still can't justify spending another $30 on the game when they haven't even put in missing features after six months.

And KOF14 in a few weeks, that's $60 right there. Demo is really good. I dunno.

I DON'T KNOW.

Zackat

F u c k.

So, Juri looks awesome. I'd like to buy the Season Pass, but I still can't justify spending another $30 on the game when they haven't even put in missing features after six months.

And KOF14 in a few weeks, that's $60 right there. Demo is really good. I dunno.

I DON'T KNOW.
I'd just buy her for the few bucks unless you want all those chars and costumes.

Neoxon

Nope. I suspect it's Tuxedo Sagat.

Sagat, Decapre, and possibly Kuma make sense as bonus S1 or early S2 characters. (Decapre's very close to complete, Sagat's been both leaked and teased)

Oro, Sakura, C. Viper, Abel, Sean and Azam all make sense for S2 w/ their prominence in the story modes.
Still holding onto that dream, I see. The rumor was already proven fake when Sagat was missing from the Story update.

mbpm1

Beat a cammy by doing nothing except reacting to his constant attempts to get in via hooligan/divekick/spin knuckle

It seemed to anger him

I guess I can't actually play any other character except Ryu in this game tho

Everyone else feels lacking

Shadoken

I am willing to bet we wont get Decapre as S2 character.

Remember Capcom does not want repeated movesets or similar designs. They even went as far as to not put ridiculously popular characters like Akuma and Sagat because of that.

Being in story mode doesnt mean much , we even have freaking Peter in there lmao.
S2 will have a good balance just like Capcom mentioned. Fan Favorites, Unique styles not yet represented ( Rekka character pretty much confirmed ) and some Birdie-type odd balls ( Sodom?Oro? ).

Top Bottom