• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think that was a reaction, he probably just did it. lol

If I understand the frame-data correctly, then it actually makes perfect sense to just mash EX running bear-grab after the first hit of Balrog's rekka, unless you know that your opponent is expecting you to do that. Zangief gets armor on the 3rd frame, so any cancel into a high/low mixup by Balrog will get armored through and grabbed.

Because it's extremely erratic in a way the lag in this game doesn't perform in a one-sided manner, meanwhile they are executing combos as if nothing's going on. It smooths out for a few moments, and then goes back to being crazy. I can tell that it's something dubious that they are intentionally doing, even if I've certainly experienced lag in several other situations. Doesn't help that both of them very clearly rage quit when I managed to beat them despite the handicap.

is it the M.Bison player DaMastah101 and a Kolin player GywenTrans (I forgot the rest of the name) because it's the same story for me.

He didn't say it was objectively better but it can be improved. Rollback is far better than input-based anyway.

If big developers like Capcom and NRS can struggle with netcode I don't think it's too rare smaller teams won't either. Just make sure you post on GAF with the finished product ;)

I rather fight Rolento with small amount if input lag over the bullshit he could do in one sided rollback.

And Capcom already had a rollback netcode that worked in SfxT so they have no excuse.

Probably in around 4 hours. Now that Ed's nearly here I wonder who this huge silhouette is for the next character. Giving me Hugo vibes.

Abigail from Final Fight. He may be a nobody, but given that the only alternatives I can think of are Taylor and Azam, I reeeaaaallly hope it's him.

Edit: Silhouettes were fan-made. My mistake.

kirblar

That definitely looks like hair on #4. It'd fit the Abigail spec, since it could be a mohawk.

Here's the Ryce Sillhouette for #4:
TI0XhCb.png

I have a bit of a theory that they're gonna implement some of the upcoming balance changes with the S2 cast, the same way they did with the S1 DLC characters.

Kolin only has the one CC button that leads to any real damage, and that button's the st.hk which doesn't even hit low.

2 of Kolin's CC buttons are realistically only good for confirming into V-Trigger.

Kolin CAN'T cancel a blocked cr.hk into V-Trigger.

mbpm1

Probably in around 4 hours. Now that Ed's nearly here I wonder who this huge silhouette is for the next character. Giving me Hugo vibes.

Azam

I have a bit of a theory that they're gonna implement some of the upcoming balance changes with the S2 cast, the same way they did with the S1 DLC characters.

Kolin only has the one CC button that leads to any real damage, and that button's the st.hk which doesn't even hit low.

2 of Kolin's CC buttons are realistically only good for confirming into V-Trigger.

Kolin CAN'T cancel a blocked cr.hk into V-Trigger.

they could buff her to be balrog cc level tho if they want Kappa

+3 st. hp for no reason that crumples? sure

Ryce

That silhouette is definitely Abigail or someone completely original. Azam would never wear a studded choker, the hair's wrong, and the body proportions don't match.

Azam fits literally none of the silhouettes. It's not even close. I'm absolutely positive none of the remaining characters are going to be Azam.

Ryce

I think some people are just too caught up in the idea that every season two character appears in story mode, so they're trying to force Azam into the only big silhouette there is (despite looking nothing like him). People did the same thing with Taylor and Ed's silhouette.

Pompadour

I think some people are just too caught up in the idea that every season two character appears in story mode, so they're trying to force Azam into the only big silhouette there is (despite looking nothing like him). People did the same thing with Taylor and Ed's silhouette.

The last silhouette looked nothing like Ed, though.

Ryce

The last silhouette looked nothing like Ed, though.
Because he ages at an accelerated rate. Azam is more along the lines of Kolin -- if he were to be playable, he'd probably look the way he does in story mode. I can think of no reason for an old Middle Eastern butler to suddenly have a flattop haircut, wear a studded choker, and completely transform his body type.

MrCarter

Probably around 11am EST (less than an hour from now). There's no confirmation that it's a trailer though.

I'm pretty sure there will be. Think they are following the same thing they did with Kolin.

SFV Logo Teaser > V-Trigger/Special Move Teaser > Reveal Trailer

So far they have done the first two.

LakeEarth

That's lame as shit. I can never tell and it's really frustrating because, unfortunately, the servers have a tendency to act erratic randomly for me even in battle lounge with a bunch of folks that I know aren't pulling that crap. Gets worse playing casual/ranked, which is why I just quit ranked all together..

You can't tell for sure, but you can be suspicious. I faced a Karin a while back who was landing all sorts of juggle combos even though my connection went to total shit in Round 2.

Numb

Drop Ed already and don't make him an rtsd command grab char or a weak gimmick fang character
He is a boxer
They gotta do weird shit to differentiate from already existing boxers so it will atleast be interesting one way or another

a weak gimmick fang character
I was gonna post the Scarface-stare.gif but you're right.

He is a boxer
They gotta do weird shit to differentiate from already existing boxers so it will atleast be interesting one way or another
We don't know FOR SURE that he's a Boxer. For all we know his moveset could be more Bison inspired than Balrog inspired due to the Psycho Power.

Numb

I was gonna post the Scarface-stare.gif but you're right.

We don't know FOR SURE that he's a Boxer. For all we know his moveset could be more Bison inspired than Balrog inspired due to the Psycho Power.

Lol wonder what Balrog would teach him beyond boxing. Cheating maybe
As long as he ain't charge
Since Vega became motion I haven't required bringing out my stick
What if he's like steve from cross tekken with all the dodges

Woolie will main him
Those dodges were awesome
If they take things from the Tekken cast in xTekken I'm down
They were fun in a street fighter world

Imqgine ed with Dudley forward command dash move but it's instead a wavedash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom