• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
it looks almost too good

VMKPi8z.jpg

Pompadour

Tokido knows that SFIV's netcode was better too

im not alone

I can see why he'd think that with Japan being so tiny and dense. Delay-based netcode works well enough in those conditions. I'm also sure there were more opponents to choose from because like 50 people own a PS4 in Japan.

Kashiwaba

im not alone

For Japan yes for sure.

It's time we get a f2p version Capcom is already screwing the early adopters when they are offering full game + 2 season passes for $40 yet they refuse discounting s2 pass for the people who already have the game.

For Japan yes for sure.

It's time we get a f2p version Capcom is already screwing the early adopters when they are offering full game + 2 season passes for $40 yet they refuse discounting s2 pass for the people who already have the game.

Most games past a year usually do this lol

By tomorrow this time, we will be complaining about Ed. How he looks, how he plays, that he's OP/too weak, and maybe a few Kotaku articles will go up.

I'm excited.

Depending on the game, there can be up to four different types of stunned visualizations, all of which can be broken out of by rapidly pressing left and right on the control pad/stick, or in some cases, added with button mashing.
"Angels" - Angels circling around the dizzied fighter's head indicate that the dizziness can be broken out of quite quickly.
"Bells" or "Birds"- Bells/birds show that there will be some delay before action can be used again.
"Stars" - The most commonly used state, the traditional stars circling around one's head in the SF series indicate that will be a moderate delay before it can be broken out of.
"Reapers" - Reapers circling around a fighter's head shows that he/she has taken quite some damage, and will take a long time to recover. There is not much hope of getting out before the player is attacked again.

So basically Reapers mean you are fucccckkkkkkeeed

FluxWaveZ

Idiot lag switchers are real. They're pretty rare, but I've met 2 in the last month, and it's so obvious it hurts. I'm guessing they really want to steal my points, but I managed to beat them anyways. And both of them ended up rage quitting as I did so.

Idiot lag switchers are real. They're pretty rare, but I've met 2 in the last month, and it's so obvious it hurts. I'm guessing they really want to steal my points, but I managed to beat them anyways. And both of them ended up rage quitting as I did so.

How call you tell it's a switch and not the servers just going crap as usual? Is there a way to know?

Moaradin

I've played against a few, and you can almost always tell. The game will run perfectly fine until they're in a disadvantageous position, and they always suck. They will almost assuredly rage quit as well.

FluxWaveZ

How call you tell it's a switch and not the servers just going crap as usual? Is there a way to know?

Because it's extremely erratic in a way the lag in this game doesn't perform in a one-sided manner, meanwhile they are executing combos as if nothing's going on. It smooths out for a few moments, and then goes back to being crazy. I can tell that it's something dubious that they are intentionally doing, even if I've certainly experienced lag in several other situations. Doesn't help that both of them very clearly rage quit when I managed to beat them despite the handicap.

Because it's extremely erratic in a way the lag in this game doesn't perform in a one-sided manner, meanwhile they are executing combos as if nothing's going on. It smooths out for a few moments, and then goes back to being crazy. I can tell that it's something dubious that they are intentionally doing, even if I've certainly experienced lag in several other situations. Doesn't help that both of them very clearly rage quit when I managed to beat them despite the handicap.

That's lame as shit. I can never tell and it's really frustrating because, unfortunately, the servers have a tendency to act erratic randomly for me even in battle lounge with a bunch of folks that I know aren't pulling that crap. Gets worse playing casual/ranked, which is why I just quit ranked all together..

FYI "katitagaribon" = "kati tagari bon" = "kachi tagari bon" = "want to win bon" = "want to win bon (chan)"

That's where Bonchan's twitter handle comes from...pretty confusing for overseas folks.

"kachi tagari" is like the name of Bonchan, Fuudo, etc's Topanga show, I believe.

Thanks for explaining that.

Now I need to find out if that show is translated.

To be honest, no matter the hate Capcom gets for the netcode, I feel I can't shit on any company for their netcode. As someone who is working on different kinds of vs. modes for a twinstick shooter kind of game on my spare time, I see bullets still bouncing around on one screen and not the other, meaning they desynced and shit. Writing netcode is a shitshow and online multiplayer is a blowup!

MrCarter

im not alone

He didn't say it was objectively better but it can be improved. Rollback is far better than input-based anyway.

To be honest, no matter the hate Capcom gets for the netcode, I feel I can't shit on any company for their netcode. As someone who is working on different kinds of vs. modes for a twinstick shooter kind of game on my spare time, I see bullets still bouncing around on one screen and not the other, meaning they desynced and shit. Writing netcode is a shitshow and online multiplayer is a blowup!

If big developers like Capcom and NRS can struggle with netcode I don't think it's too rare smaller teams won't either. Just make sure you post on GAF with the finished product ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom