• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Pompadour

So Tekken 7 has an arcade mode but people are complaining because it's barebones. So if you want to know what the reaction to a future SFV arcade mode would be hop over to the Tekken OT.

It's time for another 2D JoJo's fighting game

I'm still disappointed Ed didn't play like a CPS3 Jojo character. His V-Trigger should have been a Tandem attack where he and ghost Bison attack together to mix the opponent up.

Kashiwaba

Click view last reply/unread instead of go to last post.

The thing is I'm mostly on mobile :(

So Tekken 7 has an arcade mode but people are complaining because it's barebones. So if you want to know what the reaction to a future SFV arcade mode would be hop over to the Tekken OT.

I'm still disappointed Ed didn't play like a CPS3 Jojo character. His V-Trigger should have been a Tandem attack where he and ghost Bison attack together to mix the opponent up.

Did i miss something wasn't tekken 7 supposed to be full of sp contents and everyone was praising it, why is everyone complaining about the lack of contents in that thread now?

MCD250

How can an arcade mode be "barebones"? It's a pretty straightforward mode, by definition. Or did people over there have a different expectation?

A ten-fucking-GB patch for one character and balance changes.

I had forgotten how dumb this game is.

That's mostly a Unreal Engine thing, I think.

MKX had the same problem. I think I downloaded something like 120 GB in the first month it was out (game, patch, reverted patch, fixed patch).

Correct me if I'm wrong from the little knowledge I have, but I thought ex bomb and I think Hard bomb (?) still gave you enough time to dash and go for another grab even after the distance change from season 1. So if the opponent predicts you're about to grab them, and they jump/jab and you can crush counter HK. They think you're about to crush counter and so they block, and then you can start the grab mix up again, etc.
That doesn't count as oki?

Dash after power bomb is -4. So, the dash up power bomb is a risk. But, yeah, it's a mix-up for both Alex and the opponent.

However, if you're looking for legit oki for Alex, it's after regular Air Knee. He's +4 and right next to them. You even can't backdash out of it. You can't back roll to alter wakeup timing. It's a legit 50/50 throw/hit mixup that YOU CAN'T ESCAPE without an inv. reversal.

Regular air-knee is the holy grail that every Alex tries to land.

He also gets legit oki after EX Air Knee, but the damage he can get is less, because he's slightly further back. It's still a legit 50/50, though. He's +4, so you can't even backdash (unless you're one of the few characters with a got tier backdash, like Ed).

MCD250

I have to imagine a good chunk of that 10 GB is taken up by replacing/rewriting a bunch of stuff related to how the game works online and whatnot. As though parts of the game are essentially being replaced by other things. But I dunno.

Skilletor

Did i miss something wasn't tekken 7 supposed to be full of sp contents and everyone was praising it, why is everyone complaining about the lack of contents in that thread now?

Iuno. People still saying IJ2 has tons of solo content because it has arcade ladders with modifers and tons of gear to RNG even though 95% of it looks the same.

Gamers are weird.

I actually thought there was a straight up VS CPU but that was because of Team Battle. On the flipside, it's not like the game is lacking in content.

Iuno. People still saying IJ2 has tons of solo content because it has arcade ladders with modifers and tons of gear to RNG even though 95% of it looks the same.

Gamers are weird.
It's not so much content, as it's a reason to keep playing.

The promise of new abilities, new shaders and new gear items keeps people playing and keeps people wanting to get motherboxes, even after the honeymoon period of a new fighting game eventually ends.

It's an effective of way of keeping casuals engaged after the period when they would usually just drop it and move on to something else.

Edzi

Yeah exactly, Tekken 7's Fight Money is pretty dope, as you have a lot of customization options that you can unlock alongside that Gallery mode which has soo much cool stuff.

That's exactly the model SFV should have aimed for, not the abomination we got.

KingBroly

Banned
Ucchedavāda;238568988 said:
Season two trials and demonstrations are in!

More Fight Money
jpghosgu7o0z.jpg

Skilletor

It's not so much content, as it's a reason to keep playing.

The promise of new abilities, new shaders and new gear items keeps people playing and keeps people wanting to get motherboxes, even after the honeymoon period of a new fighting game eventually ends.

It's an effective of way of keeping casuals engaged after the period when they would usually just drop it and move on to something else.

Yeah, I get that.

I'm not gonna derail SF5 thread, though. I've been thinking about it a lot and will probably post something substantial in the IJ2 thread soon.

Skilletor

Weird, SF5 won't boot when I have my Hori FC4 plugged in. Gives me that failed to start memory error thing.

lol. This fucking game.

Kashiwaba

Oh no, it's ok cause you can unlock characters.

Seriously, Survival mode is A-ok cause you can then use it to unlock DLC characters like Juri and Alex.

As much as I like free characters, yet at this point i wouldn't mind forcing us to pay for new dlc characters in exchange for offering all costumes for some fight money instead.

Top Bottom