• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Nope, you're not alone. I pop in from time to time. We are 2 now, the way it should be, and need to keep our poison train going until our Lord and Savior Lucey returns.

We should play when the servers get back!
Damn right! I'm riding this plane straight into the ground.

going until our Lord and Savior Lucey returns.
batmanvssupermanfalsegod-plate2_125225_227108_579x.jpg

Nope, you're not alone. I pop in from time to time. We are 2 now, the way it should be, and need to keep our poison train going until our Lord and Savior Lucey returns.

We should play when the servers get back!

I was going to suggest that you call it the second coming of lucebuce12, but I am pretty sure that we are into the double digits by now.

Torry

Neo Member
Ucchedavāda;238529028 said:
I was going to suggest that you call it the second coming of lucebuce12, but I am pretty sure that we are into the double digits by now.

Haha, nice one. We should just make movie sequel titles from now on:

LuceBuce12: The poison returns

Greenzxy

Alex pretty much has no oki at all. Nothing he does leaves him in range of a downed opponent. Like you know how Zangief has to use stronger versions of SPD to get a setup afterward, even if Alex does an EX power bomb he doesn't get jack shit afterward.
Correct me if I'm wrong from the little knowledge I have, but I thought ex bomb and I think Hard bomb (?) still gave you enough time to dash and go for another grab even after the distance change from season 1. So if the opponent predicts you're about to grab them, and they jump/jab and you can crush counter HK. They think you're about to crush counter and so they block, and then you can start the grab mix up again, etc.
That doesn't count as oki?

Birdie players - I probably only get away with this because I'm among low ranks, but how many times have you looped Killing Head before the opponent catches on. My record's three but I seek a fourth.

Birdie players - I probably only get away with this because I'm among low ranks, but how many times have you looped Killing Head before the opponent catches on. My record's three but I seek a fourth.

The command grab? Literally 5 times in a row. I even got a stun but I just command grabbed again cause fuck it.

The command grab? Literally 5 times in a row. I even got a stun but I just command grabbed again cause fuck it.

It's funny, I never tried for ages assuming the frame data (which I don't study much) would rule it out. Anyway I gave it a whirl, and hey, it works on occasion. Two I get pretty regularly now, three every so often.

Correct me if I'm wrong from the little knowledge I have, but I thought ex bomb and I think Hard bomb (?) still gave you enough time to dash and go for another grab even after the distance change from season 1. So if the opponent predicts you're about to grab them, and they jump/jab and you can crush counter HK. They think you're about to crush counter and so they block, and then you can start the grab mix up again, etc.
That doesn't count as oki?

CoolKid93's breakdown

All power bombs have the same recovery time. And yes that is Oki but its not good oki. Alex's oki is too predictable. Compare him to any other grappler in the game, and you can clearly see the thing that stops him from being less than low tier is his oki game. (There's a few other things but his oki is probably his weakest aspect)

Sayad

All we know is that Haunt said too much and had to be silenced.

Seriously though, Capcom should want to fix as much bridges as they could before MvCI.

MrCarter

Ucchedavāda;238540251 said:
If wonder if Capcom will be putting the SFV issue tracker to use once the new CFN lands. A few months back Haunts stated that they were working on it, in order to improve communication between Capcom and the fanbase, but so far nothing has come of it. Considering that they have been putting effort into improving the CFN website, it does not seem entirely implausible to me.

I think they are focusing all thier efforts into the new CFN before anything else at the moment. Will be interesting too see what else they do after this drops in terms of features and content that are not only characters and stages.

Every time someone who knows nothing about the Alex struggle tries to talk about how Alex is secretly not that bad, I have a mini aneurysm.

That's cute. So what makes him worse than Nash? The only good MU Nash has is Ryu and Guile, everyone is a struggle for him. You see Bonchan barely scrapping through Xyzzy and would have lost if it weren't for the EX Dolphin dive. Having a fireball can only go so far when people can jump over them and punish it.

At least they are reverting some of the nerfs Alex got while Nash only got his EX Genocide back. Alex has comback potential on his VT while Nash is the only charecter in the game that doesn't. What I also find hilarious is that Urien has a "bad" anti air. HIs AA is 7f, it juggles into CA and it juggles when traded ( just like Vanilla Sagat). I have to time with Nash or else that move will whiff

Meanwhile Urine's AA

giphy.gif

You have to be caught sleeping to mistime his AA.

I can perform very well with Nash but that can only go so far by my opponent's knowledge of the character. If they knows that Nash can't do something after a certain move, they will take advantage of it. Meanwhile I have to make one good read just to get off and that's pressing St.MP and buffer into his Scythe

What does Nash have to do with this? Also, I'll never in my life understand how Urien's cr.HP isn't considered a great AA at the very least. I'd trade my fireman Alex alt for a cr.HP that could trade into normal air knee strikes (or hell, even flash chop>CA).
CoolKid93's breakdown

All power bombs have the same recovery time. And yes that is Oki but its not good oki. Alex's oki is too predictable. Compare him to any other grappler in the game, and you can clearly see the thing that stops him from being less than low tier is his oki game. (There's a few other things but his oki is probably his weakest aspect)
CoolKid's second breakdown touches on some things I've constantly griped about to myself, but rarely bring up (stomps and AAs). His stomps really are the pits. Their hitbox seems overly tiny, no versions crossup, none have auto-track and they don't even have an air hitbox. His stomps pretty much got the MvC3 Hsien-Ko Senpuu Bu treatment in the transition to SFV. They also gave little thought to his AA game against close jump ins. His cr.HP just gets blown up by crossups too. I think of all the characters with an AA jab Alex and maybe Sim needed them. Even so I wouldn't want him to have cross unders from AA jabs.

mbpm1

Nobody cares about what you have yo say about Nash considering you're apparently always fighting in one bar connections.

Nobody cares about what you have yo say about Nash considering you're apparently always fighting in one bar connections.

"My character is garbage"

"Online is horrible"

"Everyone I play is from the other side of the world"

"I still win almost every match"

??

I think they are focusing all thier efforts into the new CFN before anything else at the moment. Will be interesting too see what else they do after this drops in terms of features and content that are not only characters and stages.

Funny thing, the website has a tracker for the status of the servers. It's had it up since probably after or before the first beta.

That website is getting work though so I can see them doing a checklist of sorts now that the biggest culprit is taken care of.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just impressed by now how Zombe has been doing this for so long. And people gave so much advice on attitude etc, but none of it did anything. At some point you have to acknowledge the endurance.

Sayad

What does Nash have to do with this? Also, I'll never in my life understand how Urien's cr.HP isn't considered a great AA at the very least. I'd trade my fireman Alex alt for a cr.HP that could trade into normal air knee strikes (or hell, even flash chop>CA).
It's a great AA in that when it lands the reward is huge, though just as an AA, it's not very effective at dealing with/preventing jump ins. It's effective range is clear and very easy to avoid it mainly punish bad very predictable jump ins attempts, which is why you barely see it in tournament level play. Even just for Urien, it's his third best grounded normal AA option.

A great AA is something like Cammy's back.MP, Guile st.MK, etc...

If the connections are as bad as you say how do you know you are "performing very well"

Its when I can see animations of moves and react instead of seeing a move, skip a few animation after a walk back and get Kara thrown like its SF4.

It's kina a big deal in a fighting game. If you faced Kaidou you see him use turbo on CC moves. Like with Fang, you punish his first St.hp ob but get CC like its a frame trap because how laggy he is.

Unsure? Bunch of games with a local friend seemed to lag more in Akuma's stage, then I noticed top ranked players sticking to training stage, made me wonder.
I don't know to be honest. When the game launched there was some talk about it, but I saw a few mentions of it not existing and it being proven false from performance counters and whatnot. I don't have a clue, and I'm too terrible to tell myself lol

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The funny thing early on was that the training stage was actually one of those with problems. I think that got fixed early on, but by now I really think it's just a placebo.

The akuma stage is more expensive performance wise, but it should have 0 effect on frametimes unless you're on pc and already struggling with keeping the game at 60.

Skilletor

The funny thing early on was that the training stage was actually one of those with problems. I think that got fixed early on, but by now I really think it's just a placebo.

Yeah, this. I don't notice any performance problems on any stage, and there were quite a few hiccups around launch.

Kashiwaba

I'm just impressed by now how Zombe has been doing this for so long. And people gave so much advice on attitude etc, but none of it did anything. At some point you have to acknowledge the endurance.

Somethings will never change in this thread:
-spoiler will keep on eating his own ass.
-luce will keep on uninstalling and installing the game.
-Zombe will keep on complaining about match making and lag.

joe2187

Banned
I'm the only reason Capcom gets anything done tbh.

Tell capcom to give me Dragons Dogma and Rival schools crossover they released for Dogma online and make it into a Medievil High School Fantasy brawler RPG.

And then Darkstalkers 4

after that, burn the company down and dont ever look back.

MCD250

Tell capcom to give me Dragons Dogma and Rival schools crossover they released for Dogma online and make it into a Medievil High School Fantasy brawler RPG.

And then Darkstalkers 4

after that, burn the company down and dont ever look back.
Not before they make a new Dino Crisis tbh.

Top Bottom