• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

They need to tone down Alex's damage. Three guesses with a full stick of butter and v-gauge going, and I'm pretty much dead? That's so dumb. Hopefully we get some secret nerfs in the new patch.

Every time someone who knows nothing about the Alex struggle tries to talk about how Alex is secretly not that bad, I have a mini aneurysm.

When all you see are sick Alex plays in Demon Dan's videos,one might start to think Alex is good.

^ where's that /s?

Wallach

I just thought deece oki was one of the few things alex actually had but i guessss i'm wrong

Alex pretty much has no oki at all. Nothing he does leaves him in range of a downed opponent. Like you know how Zangief has to use stronger versions of SPD to get a setup afterward, even if Alex does an EX power bomb he doesn't get jack shit afterward.

I was looking through all the SFV concept and character arts and found these two bizarre inclusions

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/games/streetfighter5-p5.html

rh.jpg

Ruby Heart is an SF character apparently...
That is interesting she's internally aligned with SF. I'd always heard she was an unused DS character for whatever reason before Marvel 2.

Zackat

birdie's back on the menu

feel like I wanna try him again.

gotta rep the best costume in the game of course

should be fun for a few days until tekken :D

LakeEarth

Alex pretty much has no oki at all. Nothing he does leaves him in range of a downed opponent. Like you know how Zangief has to use stronger versions of SPD to get a setup afterward, even if Alex does an EX power bomb he doesn't get jack shit afterward.

Yeah, all the oki he had in season 1 was ripped away from him for no good reason.

LakeEarth

I don't remember which league that guy is in. Platinum? I guess that'd be a pain; I've had to encounter him before when I did Casual, but I stuck mostly to Ranked so I at least never met him there.

I ran into him a few weeks ago and he was in platinum. Imagine my surprise when he was actually there.

She was a rejected concept for a DS character but was used for MVC2. There's a few Capcom related characters that are floating around the SF universe now.

mbpm1

I don't remember which league that guy is in. Platinum? I guess that'd be a pain; I've had to encounter him before when I did Casual, but I stuck mostly to Ranked so I at least never met him there.

Ran into him today

He's diamond now

why? Who does he even win against? i don't understand

Lulubop

She was a rejected concept for a DS character but was used for MVC2. There's a few Capcom related characters that are floating around the SF universe now.

Isn't C.Viper an ancient ancestor to Cap Commando? Weren't they gonna kinda do some shit with her alt costume in MvC3, like have a comic or something?

Dahbomb, help

nded

Isn't C.Viper an ancient ancestor to Cap Commando? Weren't they gonna kinda do some shit with her alt costume in MvC3, like have a comic or something?

Dahbomb, help

I assume the explanation would be that Viper's battle suit would become the basis for Captain Commando's.

Dahbomb, help

I can't find anything about that. He's not even that far into the future - if SF4's plot ROUGHLY takes place in like the late 90s, it wouldn't make sense for them to be related that far since Cap's game takes place in 2026.

Edit: To be honest, I think it's just another offshoot timeline of SF/FF since parts of it take place in Metro City.

Well there it is, maybe the shitcode will finally be gone...

Who am I kidding?

I can't even whiff punish 14f recovery move upfront with a 5f medium. And god forbid if I can jab a blocked EX Tenko and win a game.

Okay but

You know why that tweet is silly right?

Someone already explained this I thought

IIRC, it's because running it on the same network =/= LAN for P2P in SFV. So both sides are contesting and clogging the router. Or some fancy shit like that. A better test would be having someone on a different network close by and displaying the test from there.

But the true issue is the god damn onesided rollback please fucking stop giving one person an advantage. It's maddening.

Good clips.

Does anybody have a clip after the last match when Du wins and sticks out his hand to shake with Snake Eyes? It seems his hand was hella shaking still from the match.

I think the first few hours are going to be butt. Most games these days are ass, and this is basically a relaunch of new servers. After that things will level off.

The real test is going to be how well things hold during normal playtime. The beta was fine, so it seems like it'll be better, but hey you never know.

Pachinko

So who actually expects the new CFN to work at launch?

Well, the first beta took like a day to get running , the second beta took an hour or so and both had the traffic level increase of "it's free" to deal with. Now , you have to own the game to experience the online so the audience will be smaller ... so maybe it just works tomorrow night ?

I mean it should. Unless they get the largest sales spike the games had since launch.

These reaper statuses can't come soon enough. They apply to casual matches as well, right?

Also, am I the only FANG left around her? I'm super silver, so I'm not sure how long I can hold us down, but I'll surely try. God Luce abandoning us will pretty much be the downward spiral nature seems to want our kind to take before extinction.

MCD250

Best feeling in the world is probably using projectile invincible moves to get through aegis reflector when Urien least expects it. I just saw a video where an Akuma used raging demon to get through and kill Urien and it was awesome.

Torry

Neo Member
These reaper statuses can't come soon enough. They apply to casual matches as well, right?

Also, am I the only FANG left around her? I'm super silver, so I'm not sure how long I can hold us down, but I'll surely try. God Luce abandoning us will pretty much be the downward spiral nature seems to want our kind to take before extinction.

Nope, you're not alone. I pop in from time to time. We are 2 now, the way it should be, and need to keep our poison train going until our Lord and Savior Lucey returns.

We should play when the servers get back!

Every time someone who knows nothing about the Alex struggle tries to talk about how Alex is secretly not that bad, I have a mini aneurysm.
I used to feel the same way until I just gave up on them. It's a mentality one step removed from the arguments some people make about online-centric characters actually being perfectly fine even though they break down in tournament play. If we listened to those people Bison would have never been buffed in season 2 lol.
Oki is the least of his worries when it comes to powerbombs. They have little range and are 1 frame slower than regular command grabs on other characters. On the plus side the stun and damage are pretty good. If he were to get Oki it should be used to make his spiral DDT good for the first time ever or to make EX air knee strike good enough to make reckless jumpers think twice.
Yeah, all the oki he had in season 1 was ripped away from him for no good reason.
How else were characters like Cammy, Laura and Necalli supposed to keep up? lol
I just realized the patch download is probably gonna pretty damn huge.
They're fuckhuge every single time. Nothing but 8GB downloads even for the most average of updates. I'd fear this game if my bandwidth were capped by an ISP.

Top Bottom