• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Systems Trailer and hands-on impressions

FlamboyantGrimGelding.gif

So I guess each stage may have its own "filter" applied? Or they really amped the dreary look of London (it's sunny this week, we'll have you know).

it looks even better in motion
UnsteadyDefiniteHorseshoebat.gif
That's really clever. The Roman numeral "V" and the numeric "5" combine to make a VS.

Neat touch.

This game already has ten times the style that IV did. Hopefully it has the soundtrack to match (I sorely miss the bold experimentation of Capcom fighters around the time of 3S, MvC2, CvS2, etc.)

RyudBoy

I need a beta version now. Game looks slow though, need to try it out for myself.

I wonder if Ryu will ever get his sweep --> cancel into fireball back.

Ono looks to be having fun with this one. Just oozing with subtle style and details and the fighting systems seemed designed around outright fun and strategy. The V system is very interesting and sounds like it will create many unique scenarios during each individual fight

"V-Trigger sounds like this game's version of Vsav's Dark Force."

Yeah, this is sounding more and more like they've recycled some stuff from the binned Darkstalkers game.

FinKL

No, his parry is his V-Skill and isn't limited. It charges V-Gauge for V-Trigger, according to PS Blog

Ahh, well then, it's not really a SF3 parry then is it. I imagined when I read "(Yes, it’s possible to recreate Evo Moment #37 in Street Fighter V. Yes, I specifically asked about it.)" that it would be the Forward Parry

RM8

As a rather defensive player some of the changes terrify me, but eh, I'll adapt and Chun looks better than ever :] No other game could hype me like this in the near future. Give me that beta!

Cade

Ahh, well then, it's not really a SF3 parry then is it. I imagined when I read "(Yes, it’s possible to recreate Evo Moment #37 in Street Fighter V. Yes, I specifically asked about it.)" that it would be the Forward Parry

I don't see how it's much different outside of the fact that you can't parry in the air (meaning they lied about that or someone else can).

Pompadour

It may be able to parry supers, who knows. This style of parry sounds more like Yatagarasu which seems much more fair. No more constantly walking back and forth in hopes of accidentally partying.

Newboi

Everything about this game is looking AMAZING! I was never a fan of SF4, but this looks to pull me back in hard. We have the London stage, just show Dudley and I'll throw money at my screen until release!

I'm guessing 2015 will be the year of hype, while 2016 will be the year of GREATNESS!

I'm really liking everything I'm seeing/reading.

Can't wait to play this at Evo. Hope by then there's more than 4 characters to play. But I'll stray to Nash first.

Sounds like they're actually fixing some of Bison's main issues. An anti-air and tools against projectiles? God damn sign me up.

Not even bummed about the lack of Psycho Crusher. Was pretty gimmicky outside of the EX variant anyway.

ec0ec0

I'm happy that they added a mechanic (V-Reversal) that forms part of the battle system itself and gives every character something to get out of pressure. In Street fighter 4, sometimes, it was painful to watch some characters when they were trying to block only to get stunned round after round, as they didn't have nor a good reveral nor a good backdash.

This game has me so hyped. Visually fantastic and it seems like it'll be more fun than 4 (which was my most played fighter last gen). Now I just need to get an Alex reveal during e3.

depths20XX

Looks like different characters will have different amounts of V-Trigger bars as well?

In that one video Bison has 3 and Charlie only has 2.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
V-Skill dont require V Gauge meter.
V-Skills are unique skills per character that can be accessed at any time by pressing medium punch and medium kick together
Ryu's V-Skill is the parry so he can use it as much as you want.

Ryu uses his senses to “see” the opponent’s next attack and parries it accordingly. All attacks (high, low, mid) and projectiles can be parried if timed correctly. Multi hitting attacks can also be parried with the correct timing. Fans of Street Fighter III will remember that the “parry” was the core battle mechanic of that entire series! The mechanic now returns as a single V-Skill of Ryu

Bison's walk speed reduced to Sagat speed. He's probably going to be a very different character.

Anyway

ptfb7z0j.gif
But he speeds up when activating the V-Trigger
M.Bison completely unleashes his Psycho Power, which results in a change to his dash and certain special attacks. He now teleports during his dash, able to pass through projectiles and attacks, and also disappears and reappears during his Somersault Skull Diver and Double Knee Press attacks, making them extremely hard to track

Top Bottom