• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Systems Trailer and hands-on impressions

TheOGB

Banned
Ideally, an input like that means failed parries will actually have a whiff animation because with SF3 style parries he would instantly be the best character in the game.
It looks like that's what happens in the GameSpot video. It looked like Ryu was taunting at one point, but maybe that was a "whiffed" parry?

Vire

Wow.. That is one of the biggest upgrades I've ever seen on visuals throughout development.

I mean the stuff they showed in December looked good, but this shit looks phenomenal.

Why isn't Sony saving all this impressive stuff for E3? I thought Ratchet also looked awesome.

Alchemist

This game looks amazing. I was impressed before, but now I simply cannot wait.

Happy they listened and increased the speed!

mattp

It looks like that's what happens in the GameSpot video. It looked like Ryu was taunting at one point, but maybe that was a "whiffed" parry?

yeah, there's obviously gonna be a whiff animation otherwise there's no risk to parrying

Dr. Kaos

Banned
why does every hit have so much weight to them? street fighter: samurai showdown edition

The attacks really have a lot of impact in this.

Yes, they make the screen shake from the impact of each hit. It's awesome. Really makes the hits a more visceral experience. Very arcady too!

That's a VS screen. That is a damn VS screen.

I think it's neat that the font makes the S in VS look like a 5 so that they spell 5 in both arab and roman numerals :)

jett

D-Member
Wow.. That is one of the biggest upgrades I've ever seen on visuals throughout development.

I mean the stuff they showed in December looked good, but this shit looks phenomenal.

Why isn't Sony saving all this impressive stuff for E3? I thought Ratchet also looked awesome.

Cuz it will be half an hour of UC4, half an hour of The Last Guardian, half an hour of God of War 4 and half an hour of Final Fantasy VII remake.

actually it will be one hour of Morpheus and another one of Powers Season 2.

That's what stood out to me. Feel every thump.

The sounds effects are super crunchy too.

FinKL

mqXpssm.png

Fei Long in a new movie confirmed

def sim

V-Skill dont require V Gauge meter.

Ryu's V-Skill is the parry so he can use it as much as you want.

But he speeds up when activating the V-Trigger
M.Bison completely unleashes his Psycho Power, which results in a change to his dash and certain special attacks. He now teleports during his dash, able to pass through projectiles and attacks, and also disappears and reappears during his Somersault Skull Diver and Double Knee Press attacks, making them extremely hard to track

Is that so?

Hm well I'll try him out first, though it doesn't sound like the kind of character I'd want to use. It's cool they're shaking things up.

Kikujiro

This is a gameplay breakdown and it gives the game the attention it needs. At the conference they are probably going to show one or two new characters, which are more "breaking news" for the casual viewer.

OMG...

OMG...

Will Ken have parry too then? Or a command throw??!

Every character really is unique now, I hope they focus on Ken being an aggressive swift mix-up character and give us Crazy Kicks back!

Also, The Arts are the same meter as special moves, so no default "comeback" mechanic for getting your face beat in!

Hooray!

Spuck-uk

Banned
OMG...

OMG...

Every character really is unique now, I hope they focus on Ken being an aggressive swift mix-up character and give us Crazy Kicks back!

I hope Ken isn't in the game, and they put someone interesting instead.

Qvoth

i'm not sure if v skills not needing any gauge usage to be used is a good idea, probably will be tweaked for the final release
man nash is looking really good

FinKL

Yes, they make the screen shake from the impact of each hit. It's awesome. Really makes the hits a more visceral experience. Very arcady too!

FP and FK attacks that send the opponent reeling feels so good to watch from an outsider's perspective. With that said, they also look like they have A LOT of whiff animation as it should be.

OMG...

OMG...

Also, The Arts are the same meter as special moves, so no default "comeback" mechanic for getting your face beat in!

Hooray!
I think Verendus (Bish approved leaker) said Ken wouldn't be in the game.

E3 will be half VR and the other half Powers 2

Kikujiro

i'm not sure if v skills not needing any gauge usage to be used is a good idea, probably will be tweaked for the final release

There are still many months before release, I'm sure there will be plenty of tweaks, good thing the pro-players are already going to test the game.

nah , some hands on time and you will get used to it rather fast IMO.
I mean there's a huge chance to mess up your whole V trigger, they go away when you got hit, right? So I finally had a full V gauge, activate Vtrigger, but a poke from opponent will cancel your trigger away. Just playing without getting hit is already a huge challenge for casual player like me.

They don't seem any different from Blazblue Drives. Just balance them properly as special moves and you're good to go.

"i'm not sure if v skills not needing any gauge usage to be used is a good idea, probably will be tweaked for the final release"

Based on what? So far V-Skills are essentially just an extra character specific move.

Dr. Kaos

Banned
I like most of the game mechanics changes that were made. Yes to chip on normal, yes to unique V-reversals for each character. Yes to alpha counters. (I think...)

A 2nd critical art for each character would be nice, but it can wait until one or two updates from now.

The game seems to be in excellent hands, as I expected from Ono and Capcom / Dimps / Sony(?) people.

If I didn't already have a PS4 (or gaming PC), I would buy one for this game.

depths20XX

I mean there's a huge chance to mess up your whole V trigger, they go away when you got hit, right? So I finally had a full V gauge, activate Vtrigger, but a poke from opponent will cancel your trigger away. Just playing without getting hit is already a huge challenge for casual player like me.

V-Trigger bar doesn't go away when you get hit. i.e. Chun-Li activated her Vtrigger in one vid, Charlie hit her, bar still decreasing as normal. It's just a timed thing.

mollipen

Damn... I even gave a hint in the other thread that I'd have something going up for this, and we still get ignored.

NeoGAF really hates us. :(

Top Bottom