• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Systems Trailer and hands-on impressions

def sim

teleportbnsne8pct.gif

I suppose his v-trigger will give him a left/right mix up on knockdown. Scissors doesn't knockdown anymore, so maybe his paint the fence move would do it.

edit: ptf doesn't knockdown nvm

BEATS AH BEATS AH BEATS BEATS AH BEATS AH BEATS BEATS BEATS AH BEATS AH BEATS BEATS BEATS AH BEATS AH BEATS BEATS BEATS AH BEATS AH BEATS BEATS BEATS AH BEATS AH BEATS BEATS BEATS AH BEATS AH BEATS BEATS BEATS AH BEATS AH BEATS BEATS BEATS AH BEATS AH BEATS BEATS BEATS AH BEATS AH BEATS BEATS

IN MY HEAD

I'll chuck Elena into the goddamn ocean if I have to hear this shit again!

BEATS AH BEATS AH BEATS BEATS AH BEATS AH BEATS BEATS BEATS AH BEATS AH BEATS BEATS BEATS AH BEATS AH BEATS BEATS BEATS AH BEATS AH BEATS BEATS BEATS AH BEATS AH BEATS BEATS BEATS AH BEATS AH BEATS BEATS BEATS AH BEATS AH BEATS BEATS BEATS AH BEATS AH BEATS BEATS BEATS AH BEATS AH BEATS BEATS

IN MY HEAD

Stone, please by reasonable. It's going to be stuck my head all day damn it.

Clawww

i'm not sure if v skills not needing any gauge usage to be used is a good idea, probably will be tweaked for the final release
man nash is looking really good

why not? just think of it as a unique special move for each character. like, they could have just given bison a command reflect instead of making it his v-trigger. doesn't really make a difference. it actually reduces the complexity a slight bit also because you know the character has access to it at all times. EX moves already fill the role of special moves that are meter-limited and that require you to keep track of the enemy gauge.

RedAssedApe

Banned
All this ken talk. Hope they do something drastic with him. Maybe omega mode from usf4 is a sign that they are going to do a Robert Garcia like makeover for him.

as long as he doesn't look like the guy from dumb and dumber I'll be happy

jett

D-Member
V-Trigger: Renkiko

Chun-Li concentrates her ki into her hands and feet which results in attacks hitting more times than normal. Light attacks have no additional benefits, medium attacks hit one extra time, heavy attacks hit two extra times. This benefit is not extended to special attacks.

Note – Renkiko only lasts a short amount of time and is tied to a timer.

Chun Li already nerfed!

(obviously)

This broken shit is no more.

nqsdr5fovprdff0zuvv4.gif

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I have been following SF5 news very close this morning. I know I might sound very optimistic but the gameplay definitely sound and look very good.

Guys (media etc), you can still call Nash Charlie (or the other way). It's his name! We knew the guy as Charlie, Japan knew him as Nash. Eventually Capcom finalised his name to Charlie Nash (through Udon comics, was it?), so please, do not apologise whenever you call him Charlie...

mollipen

I totes forgot to mention this in my write-up, and not sure If anyone else has, but Nash is no longer a charge character. I actually ended the day liking him the best of the SFV crew we've been shown so far, and I'd never have expected that.

Teleport behind someone + pull out your super can be a fun thing. :)

Mik317

yeah if this takes place slightly before SF3, then Ken is retired and went home to be a family man before Sean begs him to train him IIRC

Baleoce

From the SRK write-up:
Ryu’s V-Skill is pretty easy to grasp…it’s a Street Fighter III parry! The command might be different, but the timing’s still pretty strict. (Yes, it’s possible to recreate Evo Moment #37 in Street Fighter V. Yes, I specifically asked about it.)

I'm already looking forward to that updated gif xD

I definately wouldn't miss playing ranked and seeing nothing but Kens and Akumas for 90-95% of the matches.
yeah I feel you, but isn't it awesome when you finally come across a good one (me) that kicks your arse?

Come on' mate. Ken is just Ryu's natural opposite in training, demeanor, and fighting style will still sharing the shoto frame-set. It's criminal for him not to show up.

charlie looks like my alt though. Guile with shoto commands?? YUMMY!!!

TheOGB

Banned
bring back the rap. outside of indestructible the new music in sf4 was pretty blah :p
Vanilla's music was decent, Super/AE's music was a great improvement, but Ultra's music was pretty fucking weak outside a decent theme or two. A SFIII/3rd Strike influence on the soundtrack would be more than welcome.

ToD_

This will probably get taken care of, but the animations of the musicians in the background run at a lower frame rate than the rest of the game (and even other spectators).

depths20XX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=14&v=gTas1o3gz5Y

Start at 2:10, throw comes around 2:15. Ryu throws Bison but he instantly gets up. I didn't see any "tech" prompt so it looks like a successful throw.

Hmm, you're right. I was just going by what someone posted from the IGN article earlier.

"Hard knockdowns are rare - I didn't test this exhaustively, but a Capcom employee told me that only throws and Critical Arts cause hard knockdowns. Wakeup times are faster in general, so you'll have to adjust your okizemi game accordingly."

Gbraga

I totes forgot to mention this in my write-up, and not sure If anyone else has, but Nash is no longer a charge character. I actually ended the day liking him the best of the SFV crew we've been shown so far, and I'd never have expected that.

Teleport behind someone + pull out your super can be a fun thing. :)

I liked your Chun! The best video of her so far, using moves most people ignored and damn nice super.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Can't understand the people that say it just looks like SFIV; the lighting alone puts it on another level.

Clay-ish Art Direction that they went with character models. I'm astonished with the fact that they really look so good, as if we are playing with very detailed figurines that you would pay 100-150 dollars for.

Dartastic

I want to play this game so bad. Have they said if any of the V-Skills use any meter, or are limited at all? It seems kinda weird that they'll have one character that can parry everything. Makes me wonder a bit about balance.

Clay-ish Art Direction that they went with character models. I'm astonished with the fact that they really look so good, as if we are playing with very detailed figurines that you would pay 100-150 dollars for.
My thoughts exactly! And I'm assuming it's only going to get better looking.

This looks spectacular so far.

Makes me wish I was still into fighting games. I just don't have a lot of time to learn them these days, and I get absolutely creamed when playing online. :(

Top Bottom