• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League |OT| Sent to Die

winjer

Is this real?
pD8Q2Tb.jpg

WTF, is this some reference to Hamas and their attack against Israel?
It would be rather sickening if Rocksteady was now supporting a terrorist group.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Nah, I'm not going that far... but there's a definite desire to de-sexualise representations of women completely in modern media that leads to some pretty weird and unfortunate characterisations like this one.
She also has an extremely grating voice, i thought movie harley was kinda annoying after a while but this is on a whole other level :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Nah, I'm not going that far... but there's a definite desire to de-sexualise representations of women completely in modern media that leads to some pretty weird and unfortunate characterisations like this one.
Because in todays western culture, sexy character design its “immature“

but it okay put full on sex scene thats….brave.
maxresdefault.jpg
giphy.gif

SCB3

I ended up grabbing a cheapish deal for the physical PS5 version so if its shit, at least I can sell it on

I have however watched a streamer or 2 at a quick look and it seems ok for a playthrough, I mean I liked Gotham Knights and this is looking like a better version, I agree on the downgrade to Harley Quinn though, shes one of my favorite comic characters and its like the writers just do not get that Sexuality can be used as a good quality, which is what HQ does, she uses it as a weapon, I know people point at the Arkham version of her for that, but just look at how good she looks in Injustice

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
So time for 3 hours in impressions :

Gameplay is aces here. I spent most of my time with boomerang. He can zip around, chain combat with teleports, and the guns feel meaty to pop things with, but also arcadey depending on the weapon. Overall it is fast and fun without being too quick.

The game introduces more enemy types as time goes on, a combo system, counter shots, shield recharging, and more. I’m playing on hard mode and a few moments needed me to slow my roll to not die. If you do go down AI can revive you twice before it’s a mission failed.

Music score has been solid without any over the top dumb tunes which I appreciate.

Graphics on PS5 are of the best in the business. Out of cut scene can look less detailed in aspects but the game has insane draw distance, puffy AF clouds, great texture work, and superb animations.

The story got some laughs out of me which I didn’t expect. Writing has highs and lows. But overall the delivery from the cast is well done. The pacing is commendable because it doesn’t bury you in cut scenes too much before going back to the combat and now it’s starting to do more gameplay I can focus on of my choosing.

To my surprise so far 3 hours in I haven’t been flooded with a map full of shit to be overwhelmed by but that can obviously change as I progress. That said the onboarding is well done to teach mechanics and have a good time. Focused in its opening hours so far and a more guided experience. Love that.

Customization is here with different skin items, colors, load outs for characters, and skill trees with choice for playstyles. I also got two legendary guns which have unique gameplay changes to them and one of them was a “gain this but at a loss to taking more damage” which makes choices in gear seem to matter.

I have 0 negative things to say here so far. Plays, looks, and sounds amazing.

Can’t wait to wake up and play more!!!

I agree with this 100%. "Don't worry guys, Batman doesn't kill people!" two bodies hit the floor. Then King Shark puts in the Riddler's "invisibility hat". And their reaction to Waller when she tells them their mission changed to kill the Justice League was perfect. Sadly you're shouting into the void as this OT is the thread for people not playing the game to shit on it.

l7yxfo1bxifc1.jpeg

FunkMiller

Gold Member
It's climbing the Steam charts.

I have to ask dude... why are you dick sucking this game so much? You seem like someone who's into your comic book stuff... why are you championing a game that takes a brilliant single player series, and throws all of it in the bin, in order to chase the GaaS greed train? It's the worst kind of soulless, bland corporate strategy that anyone who likes these characters should be dead set against.

Last edited:

FingerBang

I have to ask dude... why are you dick sucking this game so much? You seem like someone who's into your comic book stuff... why are you championing a game that takes a brilliant single player series, and throws all of it in the bin, in order to chase the GaaS greed train? It's the worst kind of soulless, bland corporate strategy that anyone who likes these characters should be dead set against.
You'll be shocked to hear that people might, in fact, like things you dislike and have different opinions

Burger

Maybe wait for the reviews? Otherwise it might look like you are... *gasp*... biased.

The post is larger than the interest of nobody in the game (and it pains me as a dc, batman and arkham fan).

'Easily the most hyped game of the last decade. It's been heralded as game of the year any year it comes out. A tour de force in gaming and a complete game changer.'
What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

Gambit2483

I kept thinking there was some clever twist that awaited us in the final game. That the previews were holding back something of quality hopefully. Or there'd be some classic rocksteady twist to add more context.

But watching the cutscenes on YouTube, it really is just... bad? like no spinning it. The writing and dialogue is just simply the ostensible try hard, aggressively unfunny, juvenile nonsense you'd think it was from the previews the last 3 years. There is no "ah ha!" It's just middle school drivel. It's just empty wannabe Deadpool garbage we've seen through media since 2016. Seeing the new and completely inexperienced diversity hire writers they got it makes sense but I always held out hope rocksteady would have a little more for us than this.
Sweet Baby strikes again...!

IlGialloMondadori

Gold Member
Maybe wait for the reviews? Otherwise it might look like you are... *gasp*... biased.
I mean. All indicators are this sucks. User impressions from early versions, from early access, from hands on previews, and to the trailers.
Maybe it’ll be good. Sensors are picking up that it’s a dog turd though.

Burger

I mean. All indicators are this sucks. User impressions from early versions, from early access, from hands on previews, and to the trailers.
Maybe it’ll be good. Sensors are picking up that it’s a dog turd though.

Some previews have not been good, some have been good. Game looks reasonably fun on twitch, I don't know. I won't be preordering it. There are some pretty positive impressions in this very thread.

But if someone posts a positive post, and someone asks 'why are you chugging dick, it's obvious this game sucks' - It's pretty reductive stuff. There are definitely a lot of people who are angry they are not getting Batman 4 or whatever, and are willing this game to bomb.

Why does it upset you that other people have different opinions?

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Is it true that the only woman in JL is spared a shameful death. If so, LUL.
Pissing on Flash is ok, try do it to Wonder Woman and its a whole other thing.
You guys really need to make a separate spoiler thread and hang out in there. I don't know why mods allow this. You literally spoiled something before your spoiler. Basic courtesy guys.

You guys really need to make a separate spoiler thread and hang out in there. I don't know why mods allow this. You literally spoiled something before your spoiler. Basic courtesy guys.
Pretty sure WM not being mind controlled is in the trailers. Anything in trailers are free for all Id say. Also, thats not how she does or does not die. Who can say.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Oh, I'm super fucking biased against changing great single player games into bullshit, microtransaction chasing, greed fuelled GaaS games like this and Avengers.

Proudly fucking 100% biased.

We can all see what GaaS games are, and what damage they do to the industry. It slays me that some folks feel the need to defend them.

Last edited:

Certinty

So what are the actual story missions like?

Is it like Avengers where half the game is pretty solid and actual single-player worthy content? Or is everything in this game just multiplayer GaaS trash disguised as a campaign?

TrebleShot

Gold Member
Hearing its down again for early access,
Friend of mine got it on PS5 this morning, says he was forced into using deadshot, tutorial is awful and he got kicked out after completing it and had to do it again.

Clusterfuck.

Burger

Oh, I'm super fucking biased against changing great single player games into bullshit, microtransaction chasing, greed fuelled GaaS games like this and Avengers.

Proudly fucking 100% biased.

We can all see what GaaS games are, and what damage they do to the industry. It slays me that some folks feel the need to defend them.

Is it though? Is it GaaS?

Some previews say it has a 'store' and a 'battlepass' for only cosmetic stuff. Is that GaaS? I don't know I have no idea.

Some previews say it has a 'store' and a 'battlepass' for only cosmetic stuff. Is that GaaS? I don't know I have no idea.
They have microtransactions and battle passes for cosmetics, and they plan on releasing new playable characters, missions, etc. on a regular schedule. I would say that qualifies as GaaS, but it's also not the same as games that want you to pay for the new content.

Saber

Gold Member

It is though. It will have seasons, future contents like more characters and missions, stores for microtransactions, battlepasses, etc. Its even aways online, the offline mode will be added later. Though I'm not even sure how this is gonna work, risking a guess that they will still require you to log online from time to time.

It definitivelly is a GaaS. If paying is the problem here, look at Genshin Impact which is a GaaS despite being free to play.

Last edited:

Burger

It is though. It will have seasons, future contents like more characters and missions, stores for microtransactions, battlepasses, etc. Its even aways online, the offline mode will be added later. Though I'm not even sure how this is gonna work, risking a guess that they will still require you to log online from time to time.
It definitivelly is a GaaS. If paying is the problem here, look at Genshin Impact which is a GaaS despite being free to play.

Hitman is always online. That game is amazing. Skyrim has horse armour. Amazing. Diablo III has a store. The Division had micro transactions.

I'm less bothered about 'GaaS' - it's the reviews, and actual impressions that will paint the best picture.

Ogbert

Just watched about 20 minutes on Twitch.

It looks like a perfectly serviceable comic book tie in game. A solid 7/10. At the very least, the gameplay especially the traversal, looks fun.

Not going to get it though.

Ogbert

I ended up grabbing a cheapish deal for the physical PS5 version so if its shit, at least I can sell it on

I have however watched a streamer or 2 at a quick look and it seems ok for a playthrough, I mean I liked Gotham Knights and this is looking like a better version, I agree on the downgrade to Harley Quinn though, shes one of my favorite comic characters and its like the writers just do not get that Sexuality can be used as a good quality, which is what HQ does, she uses it as a weapon, I know people point at the Arkham version of her for that, but just look at how good she looks in Injustice
Very true.

I assure you that the writers do realise this. They just have to pretend it’s not true.

One of the principles of modern sexual politics is that we all have to pretend women haven’t been using their tits to get what they want for the last 2 and half millennia.

Fake

Brionac is sure liberal.

I saw that part where all the Suicide Squad are presented with their stuff that got taked from when they go to prison in Arkham Asylum. Haley open the closet to get her stuff, but refuse?

I mean, someone here can explain what was she expecting from her own stuff?

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Hitman is always online. That game is amazing. Skyrim has horse armour. Amazing. Diablo III has a store. The Division had micro transactions.

I'm less bothered about 'GaaS' - it's the reviews, and actual impressions that will paint the best picture.

The point is if its a GaaS or not, if you like or not I honestly don't care.

Why are people going nuts over this exactly?

Because its silly. You can commemorate that on Reera though.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
Played for 5 hours on a PS5 (well, technically 4, 1 hour was server downtime) and while they've tweaked DPS and gamma to the better since the closed beta, it's essentially boring and uninsipring.

It's a very stale Destiny 1 (not 2) clone with very, very, very formulaic missions and totally broken traversal. Every mission is essentially 'kill x waves, defend x points, destroy x objects' with bright radial zones and flashy out-of-place markers. There are no setpieces, creativity or any sense of direction behind the even the main story, let alone the side activities. It's essetianlly MMO without the whole massive or online aspect. But props to SC, now I appreciate SM2 way-way-way more in terms of traversal and overall flow.

Writing is prime Wheadonspeak that makes Forspoken kinda bearable. Everything around the player is talking and joking non-stop. The fact that the jokes are crap and the self-presented 'wit' is ass are not helping. Protags a just dumb cliches. I do hope that the Aussies will be offended by Boomerang. Harley is radiating negative IQ and boy they did something with Tara Strong, she's sound completely out of the character. So far there are zero likable chars and totally nothing if we talk about well-written lines of dialogue. It's almost fascinating how consistently bad the writing is.

Looks good tho, to my surprise.

Saber

Gold Member
So any of you guys know what happened with Flash?
I mean, he lost his finger...but didn't look like he lost one at all. Does he have 6 fingers?

Gambit2483

It can just be banner that says "All Heroes Welcome." They didn't need to shoehorn in Alphabet People appreciation. Its fucking stupid and obvious pandering.
I just don't understand why people think this stuff belong in videogames. Videogames are about ESCAPISM. People play videogames to get away from real world topics and politics, not to have them jammed down their throats, despite how "good" their intentions may be. Unless a game is outright being exclusive or offensive I don't see why Sweet Baby needs to remind everyone that people can be gay too. WHO CARES?? Who said they COULDN'T??

Basically, Leave rw politics OUT of videogames and STOP pandering for pandering sake. It's not going to raise sales and it only serves to annoy your ACTUAL customers.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
For people who are playing the game, does traversal has like a dedicated skill three that you unlock the more you play or you are just 100% maxed out in the traversal department since the beginning?

I like to get some sense of progression and getting faster, and jumping higher and getting new traversal abilities the more i play in these type of games, it's a stimulus to do side-activities and get XP.

In general, how are the skill trees? just +5 attack or +5 reload speed or you get new moves and gadget and shit?

Last edited:
Top Bottom