• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League |OT| Sent to Die

GymWolf

Gold Member
I just don't understand why people think this stuff belong in videogames. Videogames are about ESCAPISM. People play videogames to get away from real world topics and politics, not to have them jammed down their throats, despite how "good" their intentions may be. Unless a game is outright being exclusive or offensive I don't see why Sweet Baby needs to remind everyone that people can be gay too. WHO CARES?? Who said they COULDN'T??

Basically, Leave rw politics OUT of videogames and STOP pandering for pandering sake. It's not going to raise sales and it only serves to annoy your ACTUAL customers.
Their intentions are not good, that thing is gonna get nuked in the absolutely halal version of the game like they did with panderman 2 :lollipop_squinting:

Last edited:

dem

I don't get the purpose of this game? You just fly around like a jackass killing random things? That it?

Spider-Man GIF

FeralEcho

Cause people are ignorant and intolerant to anything different than them.
No,people are just tired of the same pandering bullshit in every western game, it's become a meme and it's pathetic. No one cares about fighting for fucking world hunger,gay rights or world peace in our escapism.Literally NO ONE in their rightmind should be clamouring for this shit in a goddamn superhero game.It's not about it being intolerant, it's about it being the right time and place for it.It happened in Spiderman 2 and it was just as cringe there....

If I take a shit tomorrow,spray paint it rainbow colours,put a corny message about inclusion on top of it and put it in an exposed toilet at a store,will people tell me how brave I am or call me nuts? Cuz that's how much sense it makes to constantly see this political shit in videogames and movies.

You wanna change the world? Go out there and make a difference on the political stage not in everyone's escapism,life is hard enough as it is without being forced to hear about everyone else's problems.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Guys it’s in the OP—- if you didn’t buy the game then go shit on it in another thread.

I’m making a separate spoiler thread since people are peeing in the pool.

Plus, do we need 3 pages on a flag in the game? Spider-Man 2 thread turned into diarrhea. I get it, I don’t need this pandering shit either in games but it isn’t going away. I didn’t even notice that flag in my playthrough so far. You gotta be looking for it IMO and even then it’s just rage bating and posting.

If you need to discuss it more make your own thread and go at it boys.

FingerBang

I'm going to get a review code and, well, I'm actually curious to see what this game is all about

Guys it’s in the OP—- if you didn’t buy the game then go shit on it in another thread.

Plus, do we need 3 pages on a flag in the game? Spider-Man 2 thread turned into diarrhea. I get it, I don’t need this pandering shit either in games but it isn’t going away. I didn’t even notice that flag in my playthrough so far. You gotta be looking for it IMO and even then it’s just rage bating and posting.

Thank you

GymWolf

Gold Member
Game is getting a lot of hate, but I feel like trying the game and decide for myself.
The game is probably gonna be fun if you like infamous\sunset overdrive mixed with borderlands type of game, not sure for how many hours tho.

I kinda wanna cave in just to try the traversal.

Arsic

Game is getting a lot of hate, but I feel like trying the game and decide for myself.

It’s legit fun. My prior post from 3 hours last night is glowing. Added 2 more hours and it keeps getting better.

It’s laying on more things, and in the first 5 hours so far I haven’t had a single mission repeat. Had some super cool ones that on hard mode make you lean forward in the chair. One in particular needed you to kill some small quick bug guys to get a charge for a bit to be able to damage other enemies while saving civilians to put them in a bus.

Also I unlocked boomerangs second finisher which for one of the animations he jams his boomerang blade up an enemies ass lmao.

I think there’s plenty of fun here and unless you’re just hating for hating , this is a super solid game. Currently I’d give it a 8.5/10.

FeralEcho

The game is probably gonna be fun if you like infamous\sunset overdrive mixed with borderlands type of game, not sure for how many hours tho.

I kinda wanna cave in just to try the traversal.
Yeah that's the only reason i'm still stalking this thread,will get it when it's dirt cheap for the traversal and gameplay but I've been watching some streams and good lord the dialogue and story in this thing are hot garbage and make it really hard to bear with the gameplay.

skit_data

Feels like IGN come off as unnecessarily hostile towards this game with their tweets.

Hope it's a good game.
Not my cup of tea but I fear for whatever is left of Rocksteady if it bombs big time. Such a great studio.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
It’s legit fun. My prior post from 3 hours last night is glowing. Added 2 more hours and it keeps getting better.

It’s laying on more things, and in the first 5 hours so far I haven’t had a single mission repeat. Had some super cool ones that on hard mode make you lean forward in the chair. One in particular needed you to kill some small quick bug guys to get a charge for a bit to be able to damage other enemies while saving civilians to put them in a bus.

Also I unlocked boomerangs second finisher which for one of the animations he jams his boomerang blade up an enemies ass lmao.

I think there’s plenty of fun here and unless you’re just hating for hating , this is a super solid game. Currently I’d give it a 8.5/10.
Yea I love it. Going to be playing for a long time. Grabbed a Steam code off GMG this morning for $57 since it has cross-progression.

Ristifer

I'm glad you're enjoying it, but that last bit is a bit much. There is a chance that someone really wants to play the game, plays it, but doesn't like it at all. It's not that black and white, regardless of how overwhelming the hate boners are for the game.

Arsic

I'm glad you're enjoying it, but that last bit is a bit much. There is a chance that someone really wants to play the game, plays it, but doesn't like it at all. It's not that black and white, regardless of how overwhelming the hate boners are for the game.

The way it’s depicted now you’d think the game is 1/10 shovelware shit like Gollum game.

If you come in with any kind of open mind I can’t see someone thinking this is less than a 7/10 experience. Sure there’s always outliers, but in general the game is good fun.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
The way it’s depicted now you’d think the game is 1/10 shovelware shit like Gollum game.

If you come in with any kind of open mind I can’t see someone thinking this is less than a 7/10 experience. Sure there’s always outliers, but in general the game is good fun.
Hardly the first time. People are very prone to ideological capture, and then just repeat what's been fed to them without independent thought. Happened to many games in the past, and then it wears off a decade later and people acknowledge the games were fine.

Ristifer

Okay, but that's not how it works. Not everyone who loves it is delusional and not everyone who dislikes/hates it thinks it's Gollum.

Anyone with an open mind can go into a game, play it, and despise it. Another person with an open mind can go into a game, play it, and love it. You're starting to sound like you're writing the rules for this game, which is what you're trying to oppose in the first place.

KXVXII9X

Can't wait to see the shills having paid $100 for early access come and tell us the game is "surprisingly good guys !!" until the harsh reality comes back and reviews and general public tell us it's bad indeed.

Like what happened with Starfield but ten times more.
This seems to be a thing that has been happening in the past few years. It feels like gaslighting and ways for people to cope. I understand wanting to defend something you love. I just think some people need to realize their experiences and taste don't reflect everyone else's. I know what kinds of games and media I like. I don't need anyone to tell me I actually like something I don't.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
none of this shit is cannon right? Like we get another batman game and none of this, existed in this time line.
What people are spreading as the “ending” isn’t the ending. People datamined the Steam Alpha and the client has all the dialog up through season 3 in it already. The content is done.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Watchin' stream right now on YT. Holy shit, what a disaster. I mean, what's the point in well-acted cutscenes if the game is boring, mediocre, bog-standard and repetitive in terms of gameplay? Add to that looter-shooter and GaaS stuff and it becomes even worse. I tried to play through Avengers campaign, but as soon as you'll get past the mission after finding giant carrier, it turns into shit, but Suicide Squad literally starts with.

1P1g.gif

I think it'll be better to just wait before someone will put together a movie containing all cutscenes in the game, watch it and call it a day.

Arsic

Okay, but that's not how it works. Not everyone who loves it is delusional and not everyone who dislikes/hates it thinks it's Gollum.

Anyone with an open mind can go into a game, play it, and despise it. Another person with an open mind can go into a game, play it, and love it. You're starting to sound like you're writing the rules for this game, which is what you're trying to oppose in the first place.
wtf are you even on? I’m not writing any rules.

Can someone absolutely hate the game even going in with an open mind? Yes. Those people will likely be far and few between because it is a quality game.

BG3 wasn’t for me, I went in with an open mind, but I totally get why it won a lot of GOTY awards and accolades. It just isn’t my jam.

This game IS the kind of jam I was hoping for and thus it is providing fun.

You and I both know most of the people shitting on this game right now haven’t played it and don’t plan to. That’s not some giant leap or wishful thinking. There’s an ever ready mindset to dunk on the game for everything and blow it out of proportion.

Launch issues are legit problems to complain about for early access. The issue with the flag and woke stuff, fine, go ahead. I’ve seen folks talking about bad shadows and bad hair like it’s a girl with sharp knees 0/10 would not bang kind of fedora hat discord mod posting.

Other fair criticisms are the writing isn’t your cup of tea or you don’t like what the story does with characters.

When it comes to gunplay, movement, visuals, customization, variety, and fun this game has it in spades.

Hope that makes more sense on what I’m trying to articulate. It feels “nitpicky” and people wanting the game to fail because it wasn’t a new Batman game or Superman game from rocksteady. GaaS bad.

danklord

Gold Member
PC Performance is pretty good, I have a 4090 so it's stacked in my favor but getting over 100+ fps with DLAA and Raytracing on... pretty dope!

Last edited:
Analysis of Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League [Watched on YOUTUBE]:

It's terrible overall.

There are good moments, like it is implied that Batman killed the entire Batfamily.

The team is cool and interacts well most of the time, but the story doesn't hold up.

Like, there's a time when Flash shows up and rips out Lex Luthor's heart. At that moment he could simply kill the entire squad and end the story. But no, he leaves. Same thing for Batman, Superman... They all had chances to kill the guys without any difficulty and for no reason at all decide to ignore it and do something else.

And another thing, even though they put that you got ammo x or y, and now you can hurt the League members, how the hell do you hit a bullet on Flash?
[It looks like they get special bullets capable of calculating Flash's trajectory. To confront Green Lantern, they use ammunition... that weakens his willpower. Similar gimmick to fight Superman]

The battle against Batman is all during a nightmare/hallucination with Scarecrow's Toxin. You shoot at a giant monster and Batman appears on the ground, full of bullet holes.

Seriously, where are the badass boss battles that were in the Arkham series?

Ristifer

wtf are you even on? I’m not writing any rules.

Can someone absolutely hate the game even going in with an open mind? Yes. Those people will likely be far and few between because it is a quality game.

BG3 wasn’t for me, I went in with an open mind, but I totally get why it won a lot of GOTY awards and accolades. It just isn’t my jam.

This game IS the kind of jam I was hoping for and thus it is providing fun.

You and I both know most of the people shitting on this game right now haven’t played it and don’t plan to. That’s not some giant leap or wishful thinking. There’s an ever ready mindset to dunk on the game for everything and blow it out of proportion.

Launch issues are legit problems to complain about for early access. The issue with the flag and woke stuff, fine, go ahead. I’ve seen folks talking about bad shadows and bad hair like it’s a girl with sharp knees 0/10 would not bang kind of fedora hat discord mod posting.

Other fair criticisms are the writing isn’t your cup of tea or you don’t like what the story does with characters.

When it comes to gunplay, movement, visuals, customization, variety, and fun this game has it in spades.

Hope that makes more sense on what I’m trying to articulate. It feels “nitpicky” and people wanting the game to fail because it wasn’t a new Batman game or Superman game from rocksteady. GaaS bad.
You are writing them, because you said, "I think there’s plenty of fun here and unless you’re just hating for hating , this is a super solid game." It's great that you are enjoying the game, but even in this latest reply, you claim that people with open minds about the game are few and far between. I mean, I love the forum as much the next person, but this isn't the entire world here. Plenty of people out there go into games with open minds. They're not automatically warped by GAF threads.

Thinking there's plenty of fun here is fine, thinking it's a super solid game is fine, etc. But you made it into a black-and-white scenario when you say that unless someone's hating, it's a good game! That's just not true, and you know it's not true. Otherwise, your praise of the game has zero merit because I wouldn't be able to take your feedback seriously.

Yes, a lot of people shitting on the game are never going to play it. Some have had their minds made up for months now. I would never disagree with that because it's absolutely true. That being said, you're already backpedaling from your original point. If there are "other fair criticisms" as you say, then how could someone think it's not a super solid game without hating? It feels like you're overcompensating because you really enjoy the game. Just have a blast with it and stop worrying about what randoms on here are saying.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Yeah that's the only reason i'm still stalking this thread,will get it when it's dirt cheap for the traversal and gameplay but I've been watching some streams and good lord the dialogue and story in this thing are hot garbage and make it really hard to bear with the gameplay.
I played many games with terrible writing but decent combat and great traversal (forspoken being one of them), also, if i end up buying the game i'm probably just gonna use king shark that is basically drax from gotg but with a motherfucking white shark skin, and i love sharks...

He seems to be the most bereable of the bunch (but his traversal ability looks like the most boring, just big jumps and air dashes).

I'm still kinda mad that they just use common ass rifles and shit in a dc fantastic game and that horrid enemy design.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

I played many games with terrible writing but decent combat and great traversal (forspoken being one of them), also, if i end up buying the game i'm probably just gonna use king shark that is basically drax from gotg but with a motherfucking white shark skin, and i love sharks...

He seems to be the most bereable of the bunch (but his traversal ability looks like the most boring, just big jumps and air dashes).

I'm still kinda mad that they just use common ass rifles and shit in a dc fantastic game and that horrid enemy design.
Yeah same, I'll probably go with King Shark too,he seems like the most fun compared to the others for sure,Deadshot seems okay too although a bit too much on the serious side but he does have a jetpack so that's cool but the other 2 are waaaay too annoying and that sucks cuz I would've liked to play as Harley but they made her so annoying it genuinely hurts my ears when she speaks...

Did you enjoy Forspoken btw? I actually plan to get that when i see a nice sale cuz I enjoyed the traversal and spectacle in the demo.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Yeah same, I'll probably go with King Shark too,he seems like the most fun compared to the others for sure,Deadshot seems okay too although a bit too much on the serious side but he does have a jetpack so that's cool but the other 2 are waaaay too annoying and that sucks cuz I would've liked to play as Harley but they made her so annoying it genuinely hurts my ears when she speaks...
Lol exactly what i was thinking, he looks like a boring fuck but the jetpack looks sweet.

Top Bottom