• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League |OT| Sent to Die

FeralEcho

FeralEcho FeralEcho just get it. It's a fantastic game. Mix of crackdown and infamous.
The music and atmosphere is magical too. The beginning is a bit slow, so endure that.
Yeah the only thing I didn't like was the writting but the graphics and most of all the traversal and spectacle of powers was awesome and it did remind me of Infamous.
Join us rofif rofif One of my fav games last year
Will do,been meaning to get it but I keep waiting on a bigger sale but I might just get it next month regardless,before Dragon's Dogma 2 hits.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Yeah same, I'll probably go with King Shark too,he seems like the most fun compared to the others for sure,Deadshot seems okay too although a bit too much on the serious side but he does have a jetpack so that's cool but the other 2 are waaaay too annoying and that sucks cuz I would've liked to play as Harley but they made her so annoying it genuinely hurts my ears when she speaks...

Did you enjoy Forspoken btw? I actually plan to get that when i see a nice sale cuz I enjoyed the traversal and spectacle in the demo.
I enjoyed the traversal and some parts of the combat, but it is very flawed, the side content is mostly dogshit (and the good dungeons with special bosses are for the endgame when you have all the powers), the plot is kinda predictable and the characters are boring or just annoying for the most part (but not much more than your average modern game, i cringed way more in sp2).

Just 2 advices, play directly on hard and look at the options, there is a lot to change to make the game just straight up better to play.

Hardest thing at the beginning is going throught a rough start narratively speaking (it's where mostly of the meme bad writing come from), and getting used to how twitchy the traversal and combat can be, it's a game that need some time to be digested but if you are skilled with actions and tps you can do very nice things and feel like a god.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

I enjoyed the traversal and some parts of the combat, but it is very flawed, the side content is mostly dogshit (and the good dungeons with special bosses are for the endgame when you have all the powers), the plot is kinda predictable and the characters are boring or just annoying for the most part (but not much more than your average modern game).

Just 2 advices, play directly on hard and look at the options, there is a lot to change to make the game just straight up better to play.

Hardest thing at the beginning is going throught a rough start narratively speaking (it's where mostly of the meme bad writing come from), and getting used to how twitchy the traversal and combat can be, it's a game that need some time to be digested but if you are skilled with actions and tps you can do very nice things and feel like a god.
Thanks,will try it out,I did enjoy the demo alot,and I expect the story to be dogshit but I ain't buying it for the story anyway but from the videos I saw when it released it looked like a "bad writting thats funny" not "bad writting that's annoying" so we'll see.That was kinda what I was hoping with Suicide Squad after reading the story leaks,a so bad is good kinda thing lol

GymWolf

Gold Member
Thanks,will try it out,I did enjoy the demo alot,and I expect the story to be dogshit but I ain't buying it for the story anyway but from the videos I saw when it released it looked like a "bad writting thats funny" not "bad writting that's annoying" so we'll see.That was kinda what I was hoping with Suicide Squad after reading the story leaks,a so bad is good kinda thing lol
Dude the demo was kinda dogshit so if you liked that you are gonna like the final game 100%.

I played the damn demo for like 10 hours to get the gist of the combat, the final game ease you into the mechanics much better and you get powers more gradually so you familiarize with everything at a different pace.

Last edited:

danklord

Gold Member
PC Performance is pretty good, I have a 4090 so it's stacked in my favor but getting over 100+ fps with DLAA and Raytracing on... pretty dope!
Performance dips quite a bit if you're on ultrawide going from cutscene to game. Going from 90 to 3fps as it gets ready for gameplay.

Performance kept getting worse and I'm finally past the introduction and into the open city. Getting about 55fps with everything on, and DLAA performs much better than DLSS. Going to try it with Raytracing off.

ComputerBlue

Gold Member
What did WB pay you for this Thread?
Chappelles Show Lol GIF
Bro you need to quote that whole fucking first post?

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Dude the demo was kinda dogshit so if you liked that you are gonna like the final game 100%.

I played the damn demo for like 10 hours to get the gist of the combat, the final game ease you into the mechanics much better and you get powers more gradually so you familiarize with everything at a different pace.

The demo activley made me hate the game until word of mouth got to me on release day. The demo dumps you right into the middle of nowhere with zero context and with all powers at your disposal. This is a game that needs to ease you in, not just throw you to the wolves not knowing what the fuck you're doing.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Not to keep derailing the thread to keep talking about a different game, but this wasn't true; the demo takes place after sila, you don't have access to the other two power sets.

Whatever they did, to me they gave you way more than you needed and it was more overwhelming and confusing than it needed to be for a demo.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
They've at least stated that all battle pass content will be cosmetic, and all future seasons (characters + campaigns included) will be free.

But yeah, battle passes just need to stay away from paid games entirely IMO.
And all battle passes can be progressed at any time like Halo.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
But yeah, battle passes just need to stay away from paid games entirely IMO.
Only battle pass I like in any game is still Deep Rock Galactic. Even after the season is over nothing goes away and everything can be acquired ingame as part of loot tables.

As for the game itself I like the game. Crackdown+Infamous was a good analogy and I'd add in some Borderlands similarities too. Especially with weapon swapping and the 3 talent trees per character. Core gameplay is pretty fun to me.

Looks like they have multiple seasons planned and each season progresses the story. Hope they don't chicken out and stay the course. Game has potential.

I'm having fun and that's all that matters.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Got my first bug . Did a ridddler challenge and towards the end the fps was single digit on ps5. Had to reboot game to fix.

Can't wait to see the shills having paid $100 for early access come and tell us the game is "surprisingly good guys !!" until the harsh reality comes back and reviews and general public tell us it's bad indeed.

Like what happened with Starfield but ten times more.

Hard to imagine it being as bad as Starfield. To think I spent $100 for that. At least this game is well made with fun core combat, even though I hate everything this game represents. The graphics look good and seems to even run well on consoles.

danklord

Gold Member
PC Performance aside (the frame rate does drop frequently when coming out of cutscene, or questionably when combat is in tight quarters... and this is with ray tracing off...)-- I'm really liking this so far. Deep, Anthem-inspired combat in a blistering sandbox with incredible graphics and surprisingly great writing. I've actually laughed a few times. I never laugh at games. EVER.

As I'm playing I keep thinking about how the marketing totally whiffed on this game. All that aside, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Looking forward to discussing with others who actually play it!

TrebleShot

Gold Member
I like the game but the performance on high end pc is utter shite.

4090 performance is better at higher res meaning its cpu bound but the cpu is not highly utilised.

We’re talking wild swings from
75-80fps in cut scenes to 44-60fps in gameplay.

Pretty rough don’t bother with RT.

Game has full Dualsense support though and image quality is great.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
E1W951f.png

(Probably because her job is done)

Guess what, her website doesn't even show her work on Suicide Squad but has everything else.
Probably for the best.

It never gets as offensive as some of those screenshots before release, but on my TV a lot of the font on screen is tiny to not take up too much real estate but there shouldn’t be that much on screen to begin with.

gatti-man

If you like comic book games this is pretty great. Idk what people were really looking for if they don’t like this but love spiderman and the like. Only negative is the characters moves are kindof samey but that also means it’s balanced and one person won’t be insanely OP.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Performance dips quite a bit if you're on ultrawide going from cutscene to game. Going from 90 to 3fps as it gets ready for gameplay.

Performance kept getting worse and I'm finally past the introduction and into the open city. Getting about 55fps with everything on, and DLAA performs much better than DLSS. Going to try it with Raytracing off.
Performance wise or IQ wise?

Because there is no way that dlaa is lighter than dlss...

GymWolf

Gold Member
Yea I love it. Going to be playing for a long time. Grabbed a Steam code off GMG this morning for $57 since it has cross-progression.
That price is for the normal edition, how are you playing in early access? or did you had some discount code?

Last edited:

SRTtoZ

Game is awesome so far. This is WAY better than Gotham Knights even tho I kinda liked that game. People were telling me it was 4k/30 and 1080p/60 but I have no options on PS5, it just runs and looks really good. Anyone know what the resolution is? Has to be higher than 1080p, no?

danklord

Gold Member
Performance wise or IQ wise?

Because there is no way that dlaa is lighter than dlss...
Performance, which is why I said... performance!

I just updated my drivers ran through it again and it's the weirdest thing, I'm getting nearly identical FPS on DLAA, DLSS, TXAA, FXAA, but the image quality for sure is changing. Not really a problem but wonder if anyone else is experiencing it.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Game is awesome so far. This is WAY better than Gotham Knights even tho I kinda liked that game. People were telling me it was 4k/30 and 1080p/60 but I have no options on PS5, it just runs and looks really good. Anyone know what the resolution is? Has to be higher than 1080p, no?
There’s no 30fps option. It’s just 60. No idea on resolution but it’s 60 on both the Series X and S.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber

He’s in the Amazon Prime Batman series, and Crisis on Infinite Earths Part 3 where he plays the BTAS Batman is his final performance.

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
LuthorCoins.

I Dont Arrested Development GIF

They learned nothing from Shadow of War.
That's just WB doing WB things. From MK1 to this, I don't think they're gonna try to pull back on that unfortunately.

Played the game for 3 hours so far and I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. It's not the best game ever, but it's dumb fun IMO and that's what matters most. Hell of a lot better than Gotham Knights was, lol.

Top Bottom