• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
meta discussions about the meta is usually a sign of coming change.

we are only doing this to ourselves.

Chariot

I remember when NBA-GAF considered itself untouchable too.
I slept through that history lesson. What happened?

Yan > Kuu > Tsun > Dan

This is law.
I can live with that.

Is there a dere for a girl who's almost happy, cheerful, and upbeat all the time and very rarely shows sadness or anger?
Quite a lot. Genkigirls like Minori from Toradora are like that.

im definitely sundeer 4 chariot
You can be my sundeer anytime.
Petition to get Woofington to stop telling jokes plz
Signed.

Let me stop you right now, if you're expecting full incest , don't bother...
Miyuki is meant to marry someone and it's certainly not his brother. The author has locked out this with god how many failsafes. Despite everything that is happenning , be sure this is the event that won't ever happen.

Are you doubting the power of Onii-Sama? I've seen enough of this series to know that an infinite number of fail safes are only put in place for Onii-sama to crack them wide open and make it look like it was no big deal. I'll only believe the incest end won't happen when we get to the end and it doesn't happen because... well... this is Japan and anime and Onii-Sama. That is a crazy amount of power that I don't want to deny

Captain Earth 17

Can we drop Salty Dog from the story please?

Actually can we just drop all the story and just make the rest of the episodes beautiful 2d mech battles?

Mokoi

Banned
Heh, it's interesting seeing indie animation brought up on a request for industry anime. I wonder why some independent works, like Tortov Roddle or Shoujo Tsubaki -for something more obscure-, are so often mentioned in the same category as commercial productions.

Have you checked out other works from Kunio Kato? He's that one guy who won an Oscar with that one short!

I'll watch Shoujo Tsubaki later. It seems to be quite the grotesque film., and I'm not really in the mood to watch something like that right now. Although it does seem quite interesting.

I did watch La Maison en Petits Cubes, and wow that was really good. I loved the music, and watching him relive his past was great. It wasn't particularly sad, but heartwarming I must say. That tap of the wine glass at the end was perfect. To me that was him saying I lived a good life. I definitely need to start watching more short films now though. I feel like I've missed out of a bunch of good stuff.

Petition to get Woofington to stop telling jokes plz

Signed!

TUSR

Banned
I thought I hid your "The end is nigh!" sign.

But NBAGaf was just cruel to each other. nothing like animeGaf.

I always thought that being in the OT Community section opened the thread up to meta discussion regardless of how valuable the content was.

As long as we are not being dicks and turning on one another and spamming lewd shit I thought it was okay.

pls no chariot nipples

I don't recall the specifics of why NBA-GAF got the hammer, could you give me a refresh?

I slept through that history lesson. What happened?

It's like you two want the thread to ship you :p

From what I understand there was bullying going on between various members including a mod empowering it by changing the thread title and rules to go after certain members. Duckroll posted a "everyone calm down" warning and the users went on the offensive, so the thread and many users got ban hammered.

Chariot

I always thought that being in the OT Community section opened the thread up to meta discussion regardless of how valuable the content was.

As long as we are not being dicks and turning on one another and spamming lewd shit I thought it was okay.

pls no chariot nipples
Wouldn't it be more terrifying if I didn't have nipples?

From what I understand there was bullying going on between various members including a mod empowering it by changing the thread title and rules to go after certain members. Duckroll posted a "everyone calm down" warning and the users went on the offensive, so the thread and many users got ban hammered.
Oh. I know it was probably for the best, but I can't help being remembered at the Hunger Games. Ah, maybe it's Sodom and Gomorrha.

Vylash

As long as Chariot gets banned first I don't give an uguu~~

That's unfortunate. I would shed a tear for you.

the drama! the twists! my heart can't take this

tumblr_inline_mwhr8oBXNd1qk3x8w.gif

Riposte

Finally hit episode 100 of Legends of Galactic Heroes. Suppose I'm finally reaching the end. The last story arc was totally manly tears.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

I want a show that has the opposite/reverse of these.

A deretsun who starts off in love and grows to hate the MC.
A dereyan who starts off murderous and possessive but grows slowly gentle.
A reverse kuudere who's a constant neurotic, hyperactive mess
A reverse dandere who, rather than having no soul/emotion, has multiple personality disorder
A reverse genki who's constanty depressed
Eeyore-chan is mai waifu

Are you doubting the power of Onii-Sama? I've seen enough of this series to know that an infinite number of fail safes are only put in place for Onii-sama to crack them wide open and make it look like it was no big deal. I'll only believe the incest end won't happen when we get to the end and it doesn't happen because... well... this is Japan and anime and Onii-Sama. That is a crazy amount of power that I don't want to deny
Actually i'm not doubting i finished book 11 ( visitor chapter ) yesterday.

I've seen stuff you wouldn't believe. Heck i can think of a number of way to bypass those failsafes.( the last one is pretty hard i tell you ).
"Just imagine what a valentine day is in this school"

But even then , i think that hoping for incest is ridiculous at this point

And i tell you i've read some schoking stuff about oni-sama in the books 9,10,11 it's crazy....
Captain Earth 17

Can we drop Salty Dog from the story please?

Actually can we just drop all the story and just make the rest of the episodes beautiful 2d mech battles?

Well salty dog is necessary , otherwise who would doubt the power of youth and friendship ? Especially when earth is in danger !!!
They also have the most reliable way of communication for spies.
gobelet-plastique-opaque.jpg

Even 007 doesn't have such gadgets

Kill Me Baby 03

Not sure if that's how it works...

Half the episode is about aliens, ESPers and time travelers fortune tellers and then there's a rainy day that gets too hot in the desert, a new character and sumo wrestling.

Chariot

let this be a lesson to you frequent posters
He wasn't even in the council of five.

I want a show that has the opposite/reverse of these.

A deretsun who starts off in love and grows to hate the MC.
A dereyan who starts off murderous and possessive but grows slowly gentle.
A reverse kuudere who's a constant neurotic, hyperactive mess
A reverse dandere who, rather than having no soul/emotion, has multiple personality disorder
1. A lot of 'em in shoujo. They get better most of the times, tho.
2. A lot of murderous enemies in shounen serires. And
the Yandere in Shuffle goes that way
3. Sounds like some genki girls
4. That would just be a person with a multiple personality disorder
Petition to get Woofington a thread appropriate avatar, I have a suggestion
He isn't that cute :(

Go_Ly_Dow

You're a damned dirty liar.

i haven't seen him post on this page yet

it's not like him to miss an entire page around 9pm British Summer Time. He doesn't hit the sack til around 11pm

duckroll had enough of the thread pace and made his first cut to the post volume

Actually i'm not doubting i finished book 11 ( visitor chapter ) yesterday.

I've seen stuff you wouldn't believe. Heck i can think of a number of way to bypass those failsafes.( the last one is pretty hard i tell you ).
"Just imagine what a valentine day is in this school"

But even then , i think that hoping for incest is ridiculous at this point

And i tell you i've read some schoking stuff about oni-sama in the books 9,10,11 it's crazy....

Well salty dog is necessary , otherwise who would doubt the power of youth and friendship ? Especially when earth is in danger !!!
They also have the most reliable way of communication for spies.
gobelet-plastique-opaque.jpg

Even 007 doesn't have such gadgets

Can't discuss things I haven't seen, can only judge on what's aired in the anime. Still unless book 11 is the finale I'd say anything is possible.

Salty dog should be more like seele (the group they're completely ripping off) and should have just stayed in the back ground until the finale

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Petition to get Woofington a thread appropriate avatar, I have a suggestion

Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~

1. A lot of 'em in shoujo. They get better most of the times, tho.
2. A lot of murderous enemies in shounen serires. And
the Yandere in Shuffle goes that way
3. Sounds like some genki girls
4. That would just be a person with a multiple personality disorder

Crushin' mah dreams.

I'll sign if it's this.

91700.jpg

Perfect. Signed.

Ah, so it's Genki. Odd, I'd figure it be paired up with the deres, but then again Genkidere does sound a bit off.

Eureka Seven - 45

So good. So freaking good. I was about ready to cheer in this episode after
that military captain announced the fact that he was planning on betraying Dewey along with Dominic.

And dat scene with Renton and Eureka in the forest with the kids. Dawwwww.

Oh no, don't tell me that Coralians have contagious diseases to humans now! Don't turn this into that kind of romance show!!!

Stage is set for a grand multi-episode finale here. Though what I'm really hoping to see is Dewey pulling a mecha out of nowhere and fighting Renton and Eureka, in true final boss fashion. That would be like, the greatest thing.

Oh and I should clarify, I want an incest end because of the epic tears it'll create, not because I actually think it'd be good for the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom