• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Ah chariot lost it....
Now I've lost it, I know I can kill. The truth exists beyond the gate.

Well it's good but that's not to say C3 was bad. I really liked C3. Got a little weird at the end but I really liked that show.

Wasn't saying that at all. C3 doesn't rest on its comedy. It has an actual plot progression. C3 is a Comedy/Drama. Sabagebu is a comedy. While both are eerily similar one focuses on comedy and the other focuses on character progression.
Oh, here is one difference we have :D
I didn't like C3 much, it seem to jump in what it wanted to do. It dropped and took the fantasy stuff as it wanted, the later battles were incredible lame and Protagonist just seemed as confused as the show itself.

Firemind

SAO2 #4

Is this a joke? Even I can't take this seriously anymore. I thought Kirito was backed up by the VR government department or whatever, but turns out they didn't give him jack. So he has to start from nothing again except he retains his mad kendo skillz from real life and SAO the first.

This random avatar creation is also a joke. What game does that?

Whoa, Zoids: New Century is coming out on Blu-ray. I wonder if all the anime that was on Toonami during my elementary school days will be out on Blu-ray soon.

SAO2 #4

Is this a joke? Even I can't take this seriously anymore. I thought Kirito was backed up by the VR government department or whatever, but turns out they didn't give him jack. So he has to start from nothing again except he retains his mad kendo skillz from real life and SAO the first.

This random avatar creation is also a joke. What game does that?
A game where "lawl he's a girl kawaii desu ne" is thrown at you.

Just found about Zankyou no Terror. Is Watanabe simultaneously directing both this and Space Dandy?

ZnT
Director: Shinichiro Watanabe
Script: Shōten Yano (eps 1-3)
Storyboard:
Minoru Yamaoka (ep 3)
Shinichiro Watanabe (ep 1)
Takeshi Koike (ED)
Yuzuru Tachikawa (ep 2)
Episode Director:
Minoru Yamaoka (ep 3)
Sayo Aoi (ep 2)
Yuzuru Tachikawa (ep 1)

Space Dandy 2

Chief Director: Shinichiro Watanabe
Director: Shingo Natsume
Script:
Dai Sato
Hayashi Mori (ep 4)
Keiko Nobumoto (ep 2)
Kimiko Ueno (ep 1)
Masaaki Yuasa (ep 3)
Storyboard:
Goro Taniguchi (ep 1)
Masaaki Yuasa (ep 3)
Masashi Ikeda (ep 2)
Sayo Yamamoto (ED)
Shingo Natsume (OP)
Shinichiro Watanabe (OP)
Takaaki Wada (ep 4)
Episode Director:
Masaaki Yuasa (ep 3)
Masahiro Mukai (ep 1)
Takaaki Wada (ep 4)
Toshiaki Kidokoro (ep 2
)

He is credited as general director, but the director in each episode in each series has been other people. You never know how much he has been involved, maybe he is strongly involved in the direction, storyboarding, concept, tone, etc, maybe he plays more a more general overseeing role but with a hands-off approach.

SAO S2 E4

Based Kirito so good at video games he can beat an impossible mini game first try, and even discover a new way to play the game. LOL this series I can't

Jex

Whoa, Zoids: New Century is coming out on Blu-ray. I wonder if all the anime that was on Toonami during my elementary school days will be out on Blu-ray soon.

Truly the worst Zoids. I can't see why anyone would want to see cheap CG and shoddy animation on Blu-Ray.

Jex

Everyone's eager to cross the 500 post threshold for future banning of course.

So I hear the top 5 posters of this thread are going to be banned due to all the Anime OT's taking up too much space on the somewhat shoddy GAF Servers. Something to do with the errors that were occurring a couple of months back. That seems a bit harsh, but I guess if it's only for a month each it's not too bad, just helping to reduce the load.

Midonin

Hanayamata 04

Much more dramatic than a usual Kirara series, but the yuri levels are through the roof, and I'm really liking the way this show is progressing. It reminds me of Love Live, just with a more raw emotional core showing. My favorite show on Monday, and one of my favorites for the entire season. Tami's father complex was a bit weird, but the episode was also about her overcoming it in a way that led to that really emotional rain scene. Hana/Hannah is as lovable as ever. Great stuff.

This is a lie. School Days caused nothing but horror and misery. Laughter at how stupid the MC was at first but horror by the end.

I laughed at that too :p

All you people watching Hulu's stream of Sailor Moon should just get to 25 for Makoto DA GODDESS ASAP.

Not up until next week.

You're gonna name your first born Makoto aren't you?

Hopefully it's not a boy
because School Days, you know?

They are still doing TV show , it's just that they can't do THE BIG TV SHOW with all the idols at the same time thanks to the various schedules everyone has.

It was a joke though.

sonicmj1

Log Horizon 16-18

Before I start on the episode, I want to get at some background about the game itself I found interesting.

The fictional video game, Elder Tale, entered open beta 20 years before the show begins. In video game terms, that's an eternity. The original Playstation isn't even twenty years old. For that matter, Ultima Online, the grandfather of all MMOs (and a clear influence on the fictional Elder Tale's design), is currently in its 17th year. For an MMO that holds a modeled half-scale Earth map on its servers to be in its twentieth year, it must have been pretty far into the future.

For a lot of other genres of game, it'd be crazy to have a community going that long, but there are still people playing UO and Everquest, so it's not inconceivable. The weird thing to me is that there are still new players picking it up. I'd have figured that new blood in a long-running online game would dry up after a while.

Anyway...

I was enjoying the show before, but the NPC factions and this major world event have added a lot of energy and urgency. By expanding the scope of the world, other characters are getting opportunities to step up and act, which does the cast a lot of good. The first arc of the show was focused almost entirely on what Shiroe was doing, but this one gives Crusty, Princess Lenessia, and Minori's party very important roles.

I've really enjoyed watching Lenessia's story in particular. It parallels Minori's arc in a lot of ways, but while that's gotten bogged down with all this cliche, "We've gotta help people in need!" stuff, watching her see a new side of the world is a lot more exciting. It was thrilling to see all the adventurers rally to her call.

I don't think an anime world has captured my imagination in this way since Fate/Zero.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
So I hear the top 5 posters of this thread are going to be banned due to all the Anime OT's taking up too much space on the somewhat shoddy GAF Servers. Something to do with the errors that were occurring a couple of months back. That seems a bit harsh, but I guess if it's only for a month each it's not too bad, just helping to reduce the load.

preemptive rip in peace cajun ;_7

cajunator

Banned
They're done months beforehand. I think only SHAFT has that sort of work ethic... And I'm sure they're like that for the wrong reasons

I doubt its only Shaft. Many studios likely work right up to deadline. shaft just has a legendary was of misallocating resources.

I laughed at that too :p

Not up until next week.

Hopefully it's not a boy
because School Days, you know?

Ehehehee
Not all Makotos will end up that way!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Log Horizon 16-18

The fictional video game, Elder Tale, entered open beta 20 years before the show begins. In video game terms, that's an eternity. The original Playstation isn't even twenty years old. For that matter, Ultima Online, the grandfather of all MMOs (and a clear influence on the fictional Elder Tale's design), is currently in its 17th year. For an MMO that holds a modeled half-scale Earth map on its servers to be in its twentieth year, it must have been pretty far into the future.
One itsy bitsy problem to your thoughts. MUDs. The first MUD I played I believe was around 1991-92 or thereabouts. DikuMUD for example was first released in 1990. Neverwinter Nights hit AOL in 1991. In regards to them continuing on with a huge population and/or adding customers.. Yeah it is a bit unrealistic, although look back at the oldest asian MMORPGs and you'll probably see a higher retention rate and even growth than when comparing it to Western MMOs where players are much more likely to jump ship completely.

I don't think an anime world has captured my imagination in this way since Fate/Zero.
I agree. With that being said be warned.. You are about to venture into the REALLY slow part of the show. It definitely continues building on the world and the people, but it kind of just abandons everything pretty abruptly and totally changes the pace of the show. But yeah... actually more of an ensemble show where you like and care about quite a few characters really.

Aldnoah Zero 4

Still don't really care much for Inaho and find him really boring, Slaine is a far better character and of course he get's stuck with the other side of the story role :/

Log Horizon 16-18

Before I start on the episode, I want to get at some background about the game itself I found interesting.

For a lot of other genres of game, it'd be crazy to have a community going that long, but there are still people playing UO and Everquest, so it's not inconceivable. The weird thing to me is that there are still new players picking it up. I'd have figured that new blood in a long-running online game would dry up after a while.

Anyway...

I was enjoying the show before, but the NPC factions and this major world event have added a lot of energy and urgency. By expanding the scope of the world, other characters are getting opportunities to step up and act, which does the cast a lot of good. The first arc of the show was focused almost entirely on what Shiroe was doing, but this one gives Crusty, Princess Lenessia, and Minori's party very important roles.

I've really enjoyed watching Lenessia's story in particular. It parallels Minori's arc in a lot of ways, but while that's gotten bogged down with all this cliche, "We've gotta help people in need!" stuff, watching her see a new side of the world is a lot more exciting. It was thrilling to see all the adventurers rally to her call.

You love fare zero and log horizon? Bro let's just get married.

wat.

So cnet goes down first, then Theonik doesn't come back even after the ban got lifted. Then Save N' Quit. And now Cajun, Chariot, TUSR, Woofington, and Narag are going to get offed for a month all at once?!?

AnimeGAF's falling apart faster than a poorly built Jenga tower covered in grease!

cajunator

Banned
wat.

So cnet goes down first, then Theonik doesn't come back even after the ban got lifted. Then Save N' Quit. And now Cajun, Chariot, TUSR, Woofington, and Narag are going to get offed for a month all at once?!?

AnimeGAF's falling apart faster than a poorly built Jenga tower covered in grease!

Nah that wont happen.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
wat.

New bodies will fill the void, it is the way of things.

Jex

Log Horizon 16-18

Anyway...

Please don't add titles to my backlog.

Blade Dance 3
Somewhat nice battle against that demon and a bit interesting look into the MC past. Est
aside from her naked introduction
seems to be an interesting character.

Midonin

Blue Spring Ride 04

Poor Futaba. Just can't get a straight answer from the guy. And Yuuri is surprisingly vindictive about her cupcakes. Now that the main cast is all gathered into one group, it feels like the drama is really about to take off in earnest, but it's still maintaining the air of melancholy pleasantness that I associate with this show.

Most people are deterred of posting too much anyways because they know Cajun will crush in post count. So if anything Cajun is a deterrent. Ban Cajun and AnimeGAF will devolve into chaos!! People will post more just to become número uno in the thread.

#SaveCajun2014

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Most people are deterred of posting too much anyways because they know Cajun will crush in post count. So if anything Cajun is a deterrent. Ban Cajun and AnimeGAF will devolve into chaos. People will post more just to become número uno in the thread.

#SaveCajun2014

They are not seriously considering the banning of the highest posters by post are they?

Mobile Suit Gundam-san 04

d6dc13b068.jpg

What is this show even?

Himegoto 04

c980d9dcfd.jpg

:cajun HEY WAIT WHAT NO

cajunator

Banned
I suppose the smaller ones work up to the last minute. But in general I'm sure they're done beforehand.

Its possible but with strict budgets and tough deadlines its probably more common than we think.
A company isnt making money if they are sitting idle.

It was a joke though.
A joke ?

How dare you not take idolmaster seriously !!!

i knew but i still wanted to puch out that trivia out of my head
Log Horizon 16-18

Actually , the elder tale game has a Number of patches/expansions in those 20 years. it's unclear what was at the beginning , but it's very probable that most of the stuff that the adventurers have wasn't there at the start.

Shiroe is 96 old in adventurers years , meaning that it has been 8 years since his first login.
Even considering that he did had a break playing ( naotsugu too )
Solid community , well conceived game with plenty of updates.
the reason why there was beginners in the city after the apocalypse was because they used the expansion release date to buy the game and explore. elder tales did gain a lot of players that way.
Anyway...

Indeed , it's very good to see more characters getting important roles so we can see the story across multiples perspectives. it's easier to expand the viewer POV that way and i love how log horizon does it.

i don't think it was cliché. i think it was just the natural thing to do as a people in power.. it was a natural conclusion as long as you understand that the people of the land aren't just NPCs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom